Opinion YES or NO...foaluma ?

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
No to spending money on wingers, Trent will evolve our current talent.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Not that he isn’t a good player but if we are going to get a winger I would choose ado carrs blistering speed over anyone else..

The money should be spent on a genuine great number 9

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd think JAC would be almost double the price considering he's a premiership winning origin player and Nof isnt
Yes he’s won a premiership,but he plays at the end of a great backline,would he be as successful at our club,without cam smith,Brandon Smith,papenhuysen,etc.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yes he’s won a premiership,but he plays at the end of a great backline,would he be as successful at our club,without cam smith,Brandon Smith,papenhuysen,etc.
B. Smith has little to no impact on JAC when comparing him to other players they have, but bring him here too.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
B. Smith has little to no impact on JAC when comparing him to other players they have, but bring him here too.
I could only suggest u watch the replays of the storm’s final series,to see just how much influence he had on Melbournes success,I would be happy for our club to put everything into Brandon Smith,and if they can get both even better

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I say no but possibly yes with a slight chance of maybe not.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I could only suggest u watch the replays of the storm’s final series,to see just how much influence he had on Melbournes success,I would be happy for our club to put everything into Brandon Smith,and if they can get both even better
I didn't say B. Smith isn't impactful for the Storm with what he's doing, that's all he's doing with his limited ~35 minutes during the finals series, just I don't think he's directly affecting JAC as much as others, JAC would be fine without him.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Waste of money

We have meaney, dwz,hoppa,avo, schoup and cotric who all can play wing.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Waste of money

Just because they can play wing doesn’t mean they are good there. DWZ and Cotric are the only ones there that would be classed as wingers and the rest play their best best footy in other positions. From everything we have heard Cotric will be playing centre next year so that leave only DWZ.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Waste of money

Cotric is the only one there that could play wing for a top 8 team tho, he's also a centre for us next year. Hopoate and Averillo can't play wing. I don't know about Schoupp. DWZ hit or miss. Terrible this year. Okunbor out with an ACL and outside metres gained he's also rocks and diamonds. It's a position we need to strengthen especially after releasing Reimis.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
He would go well in any side he has natural talent and speed. Nofalouma is probably better value though. More bang for your buck

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Cotric is the only one there that could play wing for a top 8 team tho, he's also a centre for us next year. Hopoate and Averillo can't play wing. I don't know about Schoupp. DWZ hit or miss. Terrible this year. Okunbor out with an ACL and outside metres gained he's also rocks and diamonds. It's a position we need to strengthen especially after releasing Reimis.
Okunbur looks fit despite his injuries but yeah still not sold on him yet. Our backline lacks balance atm needs some changes come 2022... Ideally I'd like these 3 to be starters by then and recruit to fill the gaps with DWZ and Hoppa moving on
1. Averillo
2. ?
3. Cotric
4. Schoupp
5. ?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Okunbur looks fit despite his injuries but yeah still not sold on him yet. Our backline lacks balance atm needs some changes come 2022... Ideally I'd like these 3 to be starters by then and recruit to fill the gaps with DWZ and Hoppa moving on
1. Averillo
2. ?
3. Cotric
4. Schoupp
5. ?
That's what I'm thinking for 2022 assuming Hopoate drops off next year (or Schoupp's banging the door down). I still think Hopoate can be valuable, but we'll see. If Okunbor continues his form from his last few games this year then he's probably good enough to be there in 2022 too. We're also stuck with DWZ until the end of 2022 (unless we shop him around). I'd be a lot more confident if we were to sign one more good winger.

Nakidog

Waterboy
Reaction score
We're not close to being a premiership winning team and premiership winning teams don't pay big money/overs for players in general. We've signed a young spine in Averillo, Burton and Flanagan (them 3 alone will be on the same amount Tedesco is on), we'll spend big to buy a hooker, but then we'll strengthen what we need to, winger being one of those positions, as well as prop. If we don't have those positions coming through we have to wait 2-3 years anyways to develop them (when current contracts start to run down anyways). I see a centre and second rower that can possibly make it coming through but after that it's a bit unknown/possibly not there yet.
By second rower (Topine?) and centre (Alamoti?)

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
David Nofoaluma is having discussions about his current salary at the Tigers..
Could possibly walk if his demands aren’t met..
I would take him in a heartbeat personally..
Ultimate professional and a tackle busting machine..
Forget JAC and offer David a nice upgrade on his current contract..
Thoughts guys?
Offer Dallin to them and pay some of his salary and target Nofa

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
Offer Dallin to them and pay some of his salary and target Nofa
That could work but only as long as Madge is there. He was NZ coach when he made DWZ captain and I think they were also interested in him when panthers were shopping DWZ around. We probably could have done a deal last year, but his terrible season will make it hard to pull it off now. Anyway tigers are probably our only shot at unloading him.