Opinion YES or NO...foaluma ?

Dog4life77

Kennel Established
Reaction score
David Nofoaluma is having discussions about his current salary at the Tigers..
Could possibly walk if his demands aren’t met..
I would take him in a heartbeat personally..
Ultimate professional and a tackle busting machine..
Forget JAC and offer David a nice upgrade on his current contract..
Thoughts guys?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Star winger David Nofoaluma will consider quitting Wests Tigers for rivals Parramatta if the club fails to meet his financial demands of his next contract.

While Wests face a battle to retain Nofoaluma, The Daily Telegraph understands unwanted Penrith flyer Josh Mansour could now land at the Tigers for next season.

Nofoaluma, 26, is off contract after next season and negotiating a possible three-year extension. The Dally M winger of the year could command could command up to $450,000 a season on a deal that could be worth $1.35 million.

While negotiations with Wests are continuing, Nofoaluma told The Daily Telegraph last week he would test his value on the open market.

“I obviously love the Wests Tigers and the fans, you can tell by my passion.” Nofoaluma said. “But in reality, I am heading into what could potentially be my last contract.

“I am going to explore all my options and weigh up what’s the best decision for myself and more importantly my future.”

David Nofoaluma could be Parramatta bound. Picture: Ashley Feder/Getty

David Nofoaluma could be Parramatta bound. Picture: Ashley Feder/Getty

If Nofoaluma cannot secure a lucrative deal at Concord, he could leave for Parramatta, where he has friends. Nofoaluma spoke with Eels coach Brad Arthur in 2017 before electing to stay at the Tigers, where he wants to remain now — but only if the price is right.

Nofoaluma wants to play finals footy — and secure representative honours — and it’s understood he feels that could be more attainable at the Eels. In 139 NRL games for the Tigers, he has never played a final, a victim of the club’s nine-year top-eight drought.

One rival club recruitment manager said: “Nofoaluma is one of the best wingers in the game. You would have to give up $450,000 a season to get him.”

Josh Mansour is weighing his options. Picture: Cameron Spencer/Getty

Josh Mansour is weighing his options. Picture: Cameron Spencer/Getty

Wests have tabled a three-year deal but any possible gap between the offer and Nofoaluma’s expectations remain unknown.

Parramatta winger Blake Ferguson also comes off contact after next season.

Mansour has told those close to him that he is considering interest from Wests and Canterbury.

The Bulldogs are being patient with Mansour, believing they could sign him cheap by waiting until January — three months into the 2021 pay cycle — if the former Test winger cannot find a club.

David Nofoaluma playing for Wests Magpies in the Harold Matthews Competition.

David Nofoaluma playing for Wests Magpies in the Harold Matthews Competition.

Canterbury may though increase their interest in Mansour if the club misses out on Storm winger Josh Addo-Carr for 2022.

While contracted to Melbourne for 2021, Addo-Carr will return to Sydney the following year with South Sydney now emerging as the favourite to sign him.

Privately, Canterbury hope to nab Addo-Carr but the club isn’t incredibly confident.

There is a third, unknown, club which has also discussed Mansour, aged 30. The Bulldogs are also looking to strengthen the fullback and hooking position.

Nofoaluma scored 17 tries in 20 games this season and was unlucky to miss selection in the NSW State of Origin squad.

“I know with whatever decision I make, I can say I’ve given one hundred per cent every time I have stepped foot on the field for this club,” Nofoaluma said.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Extremely unlucky not to be a part of the origin squad this year.. He was definitely a weapon this year but the question is will he continue his form.

JAC for 650k
Nofo for 450k
Staggs for 600k
Crighton for 650-700k?

Tough one.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Fucking Parramatta haha we could trump those ***** for sure. As if you wouldn't come to us over them... Cotric could well end up being the blues right centre long term, so it would be in his best interest to play outside him at club level to enhance his rep chances

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Premiership winning teams don’t pay big money for wingers. They develop them or identify a young player with potential at another team
We're not close to being a premiership winning team and premiership winning teams don't pay big money/overs for players in general. We've signed a young spine in Averillo, Burton and Flanagan (them 3 alone will be on the same amount Tedesco is on), we'll spend big to buy a hooker, but then we'll strengthen what we need to, winger being one of those positions, as well as prop. If we don't have those positions coming through we have to wait 2-3 years anyways to develop them (when current contracts start to run down anyways). I see a centre and second rower that can possibly make it coming through but after that it's a bit unknown/possibly not there yet.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We're not close to being a premiership winning team and premiership winning teams don't pay big money/overs for players in general. We've signed a young spine in Averillo, Burton and Flanagan (them 3 alone will be on the same amount Tedesco is on), we'll spend big to buy a hooker, but then we'll strengthen what we need to, winger being one of those positions, as well as prop. If we don't have those positions coming through we have to wait 2-3 years anyways to develop them (when current contracts start to run down anyways). I see a centre and second rower that can possibly make it coming through but after that it's a bit unknown/possibly not there yet.
Didnt roosters pay $1 million for Cronk ?

And $800k for Tedesco ?

Sharks paid big money for Maloney

Premiership winning teams pay big money to sign key position players. Not wingers and props

I agree we are not premiership material but you can’t say premiership teams don’t pay big money for players in general

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Didnt roosters pay $1 million for Cronk ?

And $800k for Tedesco ?

Sharks paid big money for Maloney

Premiership winning teams pay big money to sign key position players. Not wingers and props

I agree we are not premiership material but you can’t say premiership teams don’t pay big money for players in general
Our 1, 6 and 7 are sorted unless Averillo is a flop at fullback. They're on small contracts. After we sign a hooker where do you want to spend the rest of the money? We need a winger and prop. We have to spend 95% of the salary cap. Our recruitment should be something like B. Smith, JAC and Leniu to go with Burton over 21/22. That's a good team with competent players (for the most part) in every position.

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
Probs just a ploy from his manager looking for extra cash will stay a tiger but they will need to cough up an extra 50 to 100k. If they lose him wodden Spooners for foreseeable future for sure.