Year of the Dogs Pale Ale

Status
Not open for further replies.

deevee

Waterboy
Reaction score
G'day everyone,

The Wig & Pen Microbrewery of Canberra last night brewed the "Year of the Dogs" Pale Ale. I was there helping out the master brewer who is a major big doggies fan like all of us. 500 litres of beer made and is now quite happily fermenting. The Beer will be ready on the 20th December.

This beer has been brewed to celebrate the year the dogs had.

Beer tasting notes: A pale ale brewed for summer drinking using British ale malt, American hops and german yeast. Aroma notes of Grapefruit / citruisy. This should be a yummy beer.

So if your in Canberra, come along to the Wig & Pen and celebrate with us.

Cheers,
Deevee

Toey .H.C.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
deevee said:
G'day everyone,

The Wig & Pen Microbrewery of Canberra last night brewed the "Year of the Dogs" Pale Ale. I was there helping out the master brewer who is a major big doggies fan like all of us. 500 litres of beer made and is now quite happily fermenting. The Beer will be ready on the 20th December.

This beer has been brewed to celebrate the year the dogs had.

Beer tasting notes: A pale ale brewed for summer drinking using British ale malt, American hops and german yeast. Aroma notes of Grapefruit / citruisy. This should be a yummy beer.

So if your in Canberra, come along to the Wig & Pen and celebrate with us.

Cheers,
Deevee
sounds awesome.. i wanna get a hold of some

Spenno

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'll be there for sure!

I read (I think your) post a few months ago after we just won the premiership, and you said they had the beer already, so I went down to grab a sample and the bar tenders had no idea what i was talking about. There was a bulldog bitter, i think, but they said they had been brewing it for years and even though the owener is a bulldogs fan, it had nothing to do with the 2004 win.

So are you sure this is to celebrate their win, cause i don't want to look like an idiot again!

deevee

Waterboy
Reaction score
Spenno said:
So are you sure this is to celebrate their win, cause i don't want to look like an idiot again!

G'day mate.

Yes I did mention it a while back when we won the premiership but it wasn't gonna be brewed until summer. Ha ha the Bulldogs Bitter is actually an English bitter - nothing to do with the dogs. Rest assured mate that the beer has just been brewed last night and is fermenting away. Approx the 20th of this month it will be served.

I'm just wondering people out there, how do I get in contact with the Bulldogs club because they don't know about this. The W&P want to seek their response to this and to see if they like the idea of the W&P brewing a beer in honour of the Dogs? It's a seasonal beer so it won't be on that long (Depending on demand of course). Would be good to see players and / or officials from the club to visit the Pub!

deevee

Waterboy
Reaction score
Here is a picture of the label to go on Tap! Not bad effort, could be better but it does the job!

deevee

Waterboy
Reaction score
Tasted the beer last night - tastes bloody beautiful mate! The label looks great as well.

This beer is light but malty, very cirtusiy/fruity/grapefruity and finishes dry. Absolutely perfect for summer. My opinion, best beer brewed at the Pen (Not bias here) - hopefully the patrons will conume lots of it!

Blue Beard

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The 20th you say?,, well i will be headin out there for a Pint or 7.....
Can I buy a case or do they only serve from the tap???
I know what i want for Xmas now.......and its going straight to the Pool room.

deevee

Waterboy
Reaction score
Blue Beard said:
The 20th you say?,, well i will be headin out there for a Pint or 7.....
Can I buy a case or do they only serve from the tap???
I know what i want for Xmas now.......and its going straight to the Pool room.

yep it was on tap as of the 20th (yesterday). Just had 2 more schooners at lunch today. Tasting great. Refreshing!

They only serve on tap, no bottling sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.