WWOS Young Gun - Jeremy Marshall King

Status
Not open for further replies.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
A positive wrap would have been Johns saying he was skilful, can make breaks, player of the future bla bla bla. But he didnt, went on and on about how "tough" he was...eliever,

I am a firm believer in that a player has it or doesnt have it. This kid tries hard and plays "tough" but thats about it, doesnt offer anything else. Hope he proves me wrong
Funny that I remember a club saying Thurston “didn’t have it “ and was to small for fg.........worked out fukn awesome for us eh?

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like him and he has shown some small signs of improvement
This is the time to step up take control of games,time is limited with cogger
Arrivng soon
Pay has given Jeremy a chance to cement a spot if good enough
It's a cut throat industry

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
If Marshall king keeps going at this rate as he is improving each week I dont think Cogger will be able to take that number 6 of him his a superstar in the making
I definitely think he's in the team but its either at 9 or as a utility. I think he will keep improving and I'm glad we signed him.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Note where Johns states that he's defensively solid and working on little things each week to get better.

Tis exactly what I've been saying, he's been told to ease it into first grade rather than try all flair, fuck it up, and damage his confidence.

Moey. I think you were watching another video. ...I thought Andrew Johns gave him a positive wrap. He is improving every game. Before you know it, as his confidence grows, he will be making breaks etc.
JMK reversed over Moey's cat when he was first learning to drive and he's never been able to forgive him.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Probably just as well that I couldn’t give a flying fuck what johns the coke head has to say about anyone let alone jmk. Great kid that’s playing well if I wanted Andrew’s opinion I’d take a shit
Reminded me of the great Walker Texas Ranger Mr Chuck Norris once said "If i wanted your opinion i'd beat it out of you"

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Personal attacks on Joey just because he didn’t say what you wanted to hear about one of our players lol.

Not every kid is a future star. This guy wasn’t even going to make the Tigers fulltimw Squad. He’s okay. Not too much more you can say about him.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Johns is right in his assessment of JMK and did not attack the kid like the ones who are attacking him, come next week the same people might attack JMK.
We all know JMK was cut by the tigers and only made our squad when Souli stuffed up, to me he is a determined hard working player and to his credit he is making it work for himself but no one knows what the future holds for him or where he will fit in the team. for now he is not the next Terry Lamb !

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
JMK seems to be the kind of player that is dedicated and works hard, also a very tough player.
Some players don't have the natural ability like for example the natural ability that Barba had, but work really hard on their game.
As Pay said, JMK is very coachable and listens. This is a good sign. If he continues to listen, watch and learn and remains dedicated then he can really be a long term asset for his team as he continues to develop.
He could turn out to be a flop or he can rise with time. We can't really say at the moment, he's only had a handful of first grade games and is still very young.
Put it this way, I'd rather have a young guy like him gain experience, improve over time become a really great player for our club that plays a really good bulldogs style of footy and become an integral and important part of the club rather than a flash in the pan type of player that peaks too early, can't handle the pressure of week in week out footy and fizzles out.

We need to start developing these young kids and give them time, like what we've been doing with JMK.
We as a club have gone away from that over the last 10-15 years. Who remembers the tag we made for ourselves "Bred Not Bought", well we need to go back to that for long term success.
We can't just go out there and buy $1M players, we're not the roosters and history shows the way we used to do it was more successful and we we're envied by other clubs.
We need to be patient with our own young guns as they develop. This ensures sustained success like the old days, instead of a quick band aid fix like good one year and crap the next.

And regarding Andrew Johns, he just said it how it is at the moment, nothing wrong with that IMO.

Last edited:

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
He's playing alongside Foran and has potential with a good halves coach alongside him... in particular if we don't make a play for Hastings.

Cogger I've seen nothing better from... in fact I don't think Knights have won a game with him in the halves.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Funny that I remember a club saying Thurston “didn’t have it “ and was to small for fg.........worked out fukn awesome for us eh?
Lol at comparison to Thurston.... JMK isnt 5% of what Thurston was at the same age....

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Personal attacks on Joey just because he didn’t say what you wanted to hear about one of our players lol.

Not every kid is a future star. This guy wasn’t even going to make the Tigers fulltimw Squad. He’s okay. Not too much more you can say about him.
Exactly mate. Everyone has a right to there own opinion. You don't need to go nuts when someone doesn't agree with you.

Novocastrian

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A positive wrap would have been Johns saying he was skilful, can make breaks, player of the future bla bla bla. But he didnt, went on and on about how "tough" he was...eliever,

I am a firm believer in that a player has it or doesnt have it. This kid tries hard and plays "tough" but thats about it, doesnt offer anything else. Hope he proves me wrong
Cleeland doesnt have it either! Cant tackle his way out of a wet paper bag

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
He is just a stop-gap half.
Preferred position is hooker.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
One thing I see in the Kennel is a good % of attitudes around players needing to be superstars immediately. There is no appreciation for developing players. There is a lot of developing that has to happen at each level. So first grade is a big step in intensity requiring more fitness, strategy and strength. I like that JMK and RFM and every other ABC and XYZ can hold their own while they develop - because we will cash in on a group that knows each other well - who would have grown in confidence together and end up dishing out class players in a consistent way as they hit their stride.

Last edited:

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Cleeland doesnt have it either! Cant tackle his way out of a wet paper bag
And JMK wouldn't know how to score in a brothel..

Status
Not open for further replies.