The Consolidated WWE Superthread

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
So not this Sunday but next Sunday we get to watch a ppv in the evenining instead of having to get up at 10am like the old days.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
So not this Sunday but next Sunday we get to watch a ppv in the evenining instead of having to get up at 10am like the old days.
It's on the Saturday night not Sunday. I can't watch it anyway as I have a B'day party to go to that night.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
It's on the Saturday night not Sunday. I can't watch it anyway as I have a B'day party to go to that night.
Ok .I think I'm working too?

They better make at least one interesting storyline leading up to wrestlmania?

Why can't they being back trash tv like they had in the 90s?

Jerry Springer paved the way for it.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
So Brie Bella has botched again in consecutive matches, this time kicking Liv Morgan in the face and knocking her out. The Bella twins are so fucking bad. To sum up Brie over the last few weeks of botching.

1. 2 x Suicide Dive out side the ropes where she has hit the ropes causing her to crash straight down.

2. Kneeing Zelina Vega in the side of the head.

3. In the same match punching Ruby Riott in the face as well as KO'ing Liv Morgan with 2 face kicks.

So pretty much Ruby Riott is pretty pissed off along with a few others backstage and Brie is coping some major heat.

Best thing is, Brie Mode has been renamed by the fans as Botch Mode.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
So Brie Bella has botched again in consecutive matches, this time kicking Liv Morgan in the face and knocking her out. The Bella twins are so fucking bad. To sum up Brie over the last few weeks of botching.

1. 2 x Suicide Dive out side the ropes where she has hit the ropes causing her to crash straight down.

2. Kneeing Zelina Vega in the side of the head.

3. In the same match punching Ruby Riott in the face as well as KO'ing Liv Morgan with 2 face kicks.

So pretty much Ruby Riott is pretty pissed off along with a few others backstage and Brie is coping some major heat.

Best thing is, Brie Mode has been renamed by the fans as Botch Mode.
Brie retired a few years ago and should've stayed there.

The Bella's have it in terms of looks, but as I've always said, the two of them are nothing but ornaments to the WWE. The only reason they've gotten this far is due to them having relationships with 2 of the biggest stars in the company.

The fact that Nikki is a longer reigning champion than AJ Lee is absolutely pathetic, and it's all thanks to AJ's relationship with CM Punk. It just proves it's not what you know, it's who you know!

Wahesh

Reaction score
Throwback to one of my personal favorite ever Royal Rumble moments. I'll just leave this here 8-)

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Ok predictions time.

The Undertaker vs. Triple H

The Undertaker has to win this. If it's going to be his swansong match (although we've heard that many times before) you think he would win. Triple H seems to be the type of wrestler who wrestles big matches to lose these days - look at him vs Cena at the Greatest Royal Rumble - prime example.

John Cena and Bobby Lashley vs. Kevin Owens and Elias

I can't see Cena and Lashley lose this one unless they turn on each other, however Owens and Elias are going to be big stars in the future so it's probably a match to make them start an alliance of some sort.

Daniel Bryan vs. The Miz

Since DB retired, he hasn't really gotten into the title race. I think this match here is going to be that - they're going to start pushing him from here.

The Shield (Dean Ambrose, Roman Reigns and Seth Rollins) vs. Braun Strowman, Dolph Ziggler and Drew McIntyre Six-man tag team match

This is another one hard to predict. I think The Shield will win this however whether or not Braun will be champion heading into it is another question.

Ronda Rousey and The Bella Twins (Nikki Bella and Brie Bella) vs. The Riott Squad (Ruby Riott, Liv Morgan and Sarah Logan)

The Riots are nuffys. RR is huge and the Bella twins are loved around here so I reckon they'll win.

AJ Styles (c) vs. Samoa Joe

Considering this is just a glorified house show, I can't see the title changing hands, so whoever is champion heading into this will win. I predict that it will be Joe. I can't really see WWE booking Joe to lose in 2 straight PPVs to AJ.

Cedric Alexander (c) vs. Buddy Murphy

Hey, it's Melbourne and it's Buddy Murphy in front of his home crows. He'll win, it's as obvious as you'll get. It's the only reason why he's going. The Cruiserweight division shouldn't be too affected by this IMO.

The New Day (Big E, Kofi Kingston and/or Xavier Woods) (c) vs. Cesaro and Sheamus

I can't see the title changing hands so I'll go with the Champions.

Asuka and Naomi vs. The IIconics (Billie Kay and Peyton Royce) Tag team match

IIconics to win same as Buddy Murphy (even though they're Sydney girls)

Charlotte Flair (c) vs. Becky Lynch

Champion to win.
The Undertaker vs. Triple H

One or both will injure themselves during the match and require a hip replacement.

No contest

John Cena and Bobby Lashley vs. Kevin Owens and Elias

Meh….I’d care if I thought the more talented heel duo had a chance.

Jobby to win

Daniel Bryan vs. The Miz

Miz will cut a sick promo, Bryan will carry the match.

I am picking Bryan, but flip a coin

The Shield (Dean Ambrose, Roman Reigns and Seth Rollins) vs. Braun Strowman, Dolph Ziggler and Drew McIntyre Six-man tag team match

Match quality will drop significantly every time Strowman tags in (he’s such a ham and egger…. Switzerland has a better offensive game). They may tease Ambrose’s heel turn some more, but The Shield will get it together.

The Shield

Ronda Rousey and The Bella Twins (Nikki Bella and Brie Bella) vs. The Riott Squad (Ruby Riott, Liv Morgan and Sarah Logan)

I’ll probably take a pee break.

RR and the Bellas

AJ Styles (c) vs. Samoa Joe

Joe will grab a mic at some stage and say some creepy shit.

I’ll go with AJ, but title change not totally out of the question.

Cedric Alexander (c) vs. Buddy Murphy

Oi, Oi, Oi moment

Buddy Murphy

The New Day (Big E, Kofi Kingston and/or Xavier Woods) (c) vs. Cesaro and Sheamus

The New Day will make stupid jokes. I will morn for the days when they were heels and were entertaining.

New Day

Wahesh and Matsta will get chubbies.

I’ll go the Iconics due to home town advantage.

Charlotte Flair vs. Becky Lynch

They will try to book Becky as a heel….fans will still cheer her. Should be a good match!

Probably Becky, but title change not out of question.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Brie retired a few years ago and should've stayed there.

The Bella's have it in terms of looks, but as I've always said, the two of them are nothing but ornaments to the WWE. The only reason they've gotten this far is due to them having relationships with 2 of the biggest stars in the company.

The fact that Nikki is a longer reigning champion than AJ Lee is absolutely pathetic, and it's all thanks to AJ's relationship with CM Punk. It just proves it's not what you know, it's who you know!
They are both still better in ring than Strowman, tbh.

Wahesh

Reaction score
The only thing I'm really interested in about SS is to see how the 3 Aussies competing go (will be interesting to see if the IIconics win, no doubt they crowd will be cheering FOR them), and also interested in seeing the attendance number. The MCG easily has the capacity to break the WWE crowd record but doubt it will happen. When they had Global Warning back in 2002 it was a sellout (56,000+) but I'm not so sure it will happen in the MCG during a shitty PG era.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Probably the loudest set of boos since the RAW post Wrestlemania 33 when Roman Reigns said that it was "his yard" after beating the Undertaker.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score

Wahesh and Matsta will get chubbies.

I’ll go the Iconics due to home town advantage.
Indeed, it's a given!!

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Probably the loudest set of boos since the RAW post Wrestlemania 33 when Roman Reigns said that it was "his yard" after beating the Undertaker.
Yep, that was some of the best heat I've heard a crowd give for a while in WWE. You know your job as a heel is working when you catch that sort of heat.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
The only thing I'm really interested in about SS is to see how the 3 Aussies competing go (will be interesting to see if the IIconics win, no doubt they crowd will be cheering FOR them), and also interested in seeing the attendance number. The MCG easily has the capacity to break the WWE crowd record but doubt it will happen. When they had Global Warning back in 2002 it was a sellout (56,000+) but I'm not so sure it will happen in the MCG during a shitty PG era.
Those are two of the matches I’m least interested in, tbh. I don’t watch 205 and the Iconics match has had no build whatsoever.

I think it should be a good show. Better than global warming, which was really just a house show. SS will actually have matches where real feuds (aka DB vs Miz, AJ vs Joe, Becky vs Charlotte, the Shield vs Dolph, Drew and Strowman) have been built on tv. That’s why I’m not really interested in the matches with the Aussies. I think this show will be closer to what you get at an actual PPV than global warming was. They have done a pretty good job of treating it like a POV on raw and smackdown.

At very least it’s a good excuse to get away for the weekend!

Wahesh

Reaction score
Those are two of the matches I’m least interested in, tbh. I don’t watch 205 and the Iconics match has had no build whatsoever.

I think it should be a good show. Better than global warming, which was really just a house show. SS will actually have matches where real feuds (aka DB vs Miz, AJ vs Joe, Becky vs Charlotte, the Shield vs Dolph, Drew and Strowman) have been built on tv. That’s why I’m not really interested in the matches with the Aussies. I think this show will be closer to what you get at an actual PPV than global warming was. They have done a pretty good job of treating it like a POV on raw and smackdown.

At very least it’s a good excuse to get away for the weekend!
I wouldn't watch it if the Aussies weren't in it though. I boycott most PPV's these days because they are boring. I'm only interested in this one because it's here. I do like the real feuds happening mind you, but I've been wanting to see Aussies in a PPV for a long time and to have 3 of our own at our first PPV here in a long long time is something special that I wouldn't want to miss. I can't wait to see how the crowd react to them. I don't watch 205 Live either.

Wahesh

Reaction score
https://lordsofpain.net/the-rock-set-to-become-wwe-champion-in-2019/

The Dirty Sheets is reporting that the Saudi General Sports Authority, the main sponsor for the WWE events in Saudi Arabia, are ready to offer The Rock a sum of 20 million dollars to appear at an event in 2019 as WWE champion.

Speculation is that The Rock is set to face Roman Reigns for the WWE Title at Wrestlemania 35. The Dirty Sheets is also reporting that the WWE have offered The Rock 4 million dollars to take part in Wrestlemania 35 and Summerslam 2019.

With a combined payout of 24 million dollars on the table for three events, one has to think that The Rock becoming WWE champion in 2019 is a likely reality.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I wouldn't watch it if the Aussies weren't in it though. I boycott most PPV's these days because they are boring. I'm only interested in this one because it's here. I do like the real feuds happening mind you, but I've been wanting to see Aussies in a PPV for a long time and to have 3 of our own at our first PPV here in a long long time is something special that I wouldn't want to miss. I can't wait to see how the crowd react to them. I don't watch 205 Live either.
Fair enough. I don't really give a hoot about the Aussies, tbh. I'm most excited to see the Shield, Dolph and Drew, Daniel Bryan, the Miz, Becky Lynch, AJ Styles and some good heel promos from Elias and KO. I watch most Raws and PPVs these days.....my bro has Fox and the network

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
https://lordsofpain.net/the-rock-set-to-become-wwe-champion-in-2019/

The Dirty Sheets is reporting that the Saudi General Sports Authority, the main sponsor for the WWE events in Saudi Arabia, are ready to offer The Rock a sum of 20 million dollars to appear at an event in 2019 as WWE champion.

Speculation is that The Rock is set to face Roman Reigns for the WWE Title at Wrestlemania 35. The Dirty Sheets is also reporting that the WWE have offered The Rock 4 million dollars to take part in Wrestlemania 35 and Summerslam 2019.

With a combined payout of 24 million dollars on the table for three events, one has to think that The Rock becoming WWE champion in 2019 is a likely reality.
Oh, ffs....why build up your actual roster, when you can just call in a friggin' part timer. The product would be so much better if they'd give slots like that to emerging talent on the current roster and stopped pandering to Saudi Arabia for the easy money. Hopefully Rocky says no.....I don't know if 20 million would cover the Rock's asking price for one of his shitty movies, these days. I loved him back in the day, but there's no way in Blue Hell he should ever wear a major championship again unless he comes back full time.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Oh, ffs....why build up your actual roster, when you can just call in a friggin' part timer. The product would be so much better if they'd give slots like that to emerging talent on the current roster and stopped pandering to Saudi Arabia for the easy money. Hopefully Rocky says no.....I don't know if 20 million would cover the Rock's asking price for one of his shitty movies, these days. I loved him back in the day, but there's no way in Blue Hell he should ever wear a major championship again unless he comes back full time.
I don't think it will happen for a few reasons:

- Filming 5 HUGE movies in and around 2019
- Continuously filming Ballers (TV Series)
- The the highest paid/busiest actor in the world

The only reason I think he might return is that there is a rumor that he won't be in Fast and Furious 9 due to his feud with Vin Diesel, and also that his character retired from DSS in FF8... so if that frees up his schedule a little he might very well return.