The Consolidated WWE Superthread

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I just stream ppv,raw and smackdown and just skip passed the boring bits.
Wrestle mania went for over 4 hours but I probably watched under 2 hours of it?
5 hours, 10 minutes. Waaay too long.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Who the fuck can watch 6 hours of WWE in 1 day? I can't watch 3 hours with the amount of crap they show these days.
Last year, I tried to watch all of WrestleMania. I couldn't do it. I got to the main event (Taker vs RR) I just skipped to the end because I knew how it was going to finish.

This one... nope. I'll watch it for 2 hours over 3 days, or 3 hours over 2 days. No way am I going to be a sloth for 6 hours FFS.

Fuck I knew WWE was going to get to 6 hour PPVS one day but I never expected it to be this year FFS.

So everyone's aware, this is the future of the WWE:

Wrestlemania/SummerSlam (perhaps even Royal Rumble from now on): 6 hours
Other PPVs: 5 hours
Raw: 4 hours
Smackdown: 3 hours
NXT and other stuff: 2 hours.

Get ready guys, I'm guessing within the next 2-3 years this will be standard.

Wahesh

Reaction score
It's a scam to get people to subscribe to the network.
I will never subscribe. WWE is a cool time waster and can be fun, but nothing to spend money on. There are more important things to do with that money, like pay off my mortgage.

Wahesh

Reaction score
https://uproxx.com/prowrestling/triple-h-saudi-arabia-greatest-royal-rumble-no-women/

Triple H Finally Discussed The Greatest Royal Rumble’s Lack Of Women

From the first announcement of the huge Greatest Royal Rumble live event happening this Friday in Saudi Arabia, we all noticed that there were no women’s matches on the card, and given the sexist policies of the country where it’s taking place, nobody was very surprised. WWE, however, was frustratingly silent about the whole thing, going so far as to promote the event during women’s matches on RAW and Smackdown without so much as a “It’s too bad these Superstars won’t be there!”

Yesterday, Triple H himself finally spoke about the issue in an interview with the Independent. Whether you’re impressed with his response or not, it’s clear that he was aware of the criticisms and trying to be comprehensive in his response:

I understand that people are questioning it, but you have to understand that every culture is different and just because you don’t agree with a certain aspect of it, it doesn’t mean it’s not a relevant culture.

You can’t dictate to a country or a religion about how they handle things but, having said that, WWE is at the forefront of a women’s evolution in the world and what you can’t do is affect change anywhere by staying away from it.

While, right now, women are not competing in the event, we have had discussions about that and we believe and hope that, in the next few years they will be. That is a significant cultural shift in Saudi Arabia.

The country is in the middle of a shift in how it is dealing with that – the position is changing, and rights are changing, as are the way women are handled and treated in society. We think that’s a great thing and we’re excited to be at the forefront of that change.

Despite his use of “relevant culture” to mean “country where we can make money,” and his repetition of the ever-more-meaningless “women’s evolution” buzzword, there’s a degree to which he’s not wrong. Things really are changing all over the world, including the Middle East. As he goes on to point out, WWE just recently held the first women’s wrestling match in the United Arab Emirates.

The plan is apparently for WWE to keep doing shows in Saudi Arabia every year for years to come, and it seems entirely feasible that within a few years, they’ll manage to get some women on the card, and that this change would be less likely to happen if WWE refused to put on shows in Saudi Arabia. None of this has to do with any dedication to feminist principles on the part of WWE and Triple H. But they know their women’s division has become a draw, and they want it to be a draw everywhere.

The thing is, though, if you maintain goodwill with fans of women’s wrestling in this country by saying that you’re only doing shows in a country that doesn’t let women wrestle in the hope that in time they will, eventually you have to deliver on that. It’s possible that Saudi Arabia won’t let that happen, and then this controversy becomes a controversy all over again. Then of course there are the other problems with Saudi Arabia — for example if the women’s division is invited in the future, will that include Sonya Deville, WWE’s only current openly-gay performer? Those and other tough questions are bound to come up.

In the meantime, the Saudi Arabian sausage party that is the Greatest Royal Rumble happens this Friday, whether we like it or not.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Is that the World Title belt for misogyny? Lol
Yeah this whole thing is shit. In an era were WWE is pushing forward for female wrestler gender equality, they take one of their flagship PPVs to a country that is so backwards thinking, that women have no rights whatsoever. Which genius came up with that idea???

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Yeah this whole thing is shit. In an era were WWE is pushing forward for female wrestler gender equality, they take one of their flagship PPVs to a country that is so backwards thinking, that women have no rights whatsoever. Which genius came up with that idea???
Probably one of the geniuses in the accounting department....although apparently they have been selling tickets for the price of red frogs at a school canteen or giving them away.....so I don't see how saudi Arabia is a great revenue stream for them anyway. They should just say sorry, if you won't buy into all of what were doing, we won't sell to you. I love Royal Rumbles and think it will actually be a pretty cool event but the fact a country that won't embrace the business in its entirety and all of its performers and still gets to host an event like that pisses me off. Poor form WWE. It would be funny if Ronda Rousey came out as a surprise entrant at number 50 and won! :P

Wahesh

Reaction score
Well pretty stupid storylines from the WWE. Roman Reigns lost to Brock Lesnar at WM... so what warrants him getting a rematch at GRR? Also... Samoa Joe came out on Raw and said he'll be waiting for RR at Backlash... that tells us that Joe will be feuding by RR, almost assuring us that RR will lose at GRR because if Brock Lesnar lost, then Lesnar would use his rematch clause at backlash.

Honestly they're making their storylines so ridiculously predictable.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I will never subscribe. WWE is a cool time waster and can be fun, but nothing to spend money on. There are more important things to do with that money, like pay off my mortgage.
I just watch Raw and Smackdown on Foxtel and then usually live stream the PPV and anything else. Found a pretty good free live stream site that has not only WWE stuff but also has Impact, Ring of Honor and Lucha Underground.

On another note my highlight of The Greatest Rumble was Titus O'Neal tripping over while running to the ring and sliding in under it. I laughed so hard.

Wahesh

Reaction score
I just watch Raw and Smackdown on Foxtel and then usually live stream the PPV and anything else. Found a pretty good free live stream site that has not only WWE stuff but also has Impact, Ring of Honor and Lucha Underground.

On another note my highlight of The Greatest Rumble was Titus O'Neal tripping over while running to the ring and sliding in under it. I laughed so hard.
Hey man, I haven't watched GRR yet so I'm not viewing any posts in this thread until then - just letting you know I'm not dogging you bro ;)

Wahesh

Reaction score

Man I died laughing at that part LOL. I loved the replays they showed them about 5 times lol.

Did you notice no title changes? Makes me think it was all a house show-type PPV. Too long too, I watched it over 2 days.

I just realised how boring it was as there were no promos or sivas to look at

Wahesh

Reaction score
Another thing... the internvals were meant to be 90 seconds. Did anyone else think they appeared way shorter than that? They appeared to be 60 seconds at times.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Backlash seemed to be as boring as bat shit.

1P Ruby Riott (with Liv Morgan and Sarah Logan) defeated Bayley
2 Seth Rollins (c) defeated The Miz Singles match for the WWE Intercontinental Championship
3 Nia Jax (c) defeated Alexa Bliss Singles match for the WWE Raw Women's Championship
4 Jeff Hardy (c) defeated Randy Orton Singles match for the WWE United States Championship
5 Daniel Bryan defeated Big Cass by submission
6 Carmella (c) defeated Charlotte Flair Singles match for the WWE SmackDown Women's Championship
7 AJ Styles (c) vs. Shinsuke Nakamura ended in a no contest for the WWE Championship
8 Braun Strowman and Bobby Lashley defeated Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn
9 Roman Reigns defeated Samoa Joe Singles match

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Backlash seemed to be as boring as bat shit.

1P Ruby Riott (with Liv Morgan and Sarah Logan) defeated Bayley
2 Seth Rollins (c) defeated The Miz Singles match for the WWE Intercontinental Championship
3 Nia Jax (c) defeated Alexa Bliss Singles match for the WWE Raw Women's Championship
4 Jeff Hardy (c) defeated Randy Orton Singles match for the WWE United States Championship
5 Daniel Bryan defeated Big Cass by submission
6 Carmella (c) defeated Charlotte Flair Singles match for the WWE SmackDown Women's Championship
7 AJ Styles (c) vs. Shinsuke Nakamura ended in a no contest for the WWE Championship
8 Braun Strowman and Bobby Lashley defeated Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn
9 Roman Reigns defeated Samoa Joe Singles match
Backlash was terrible. The only decent match IMO was Seth Rollins vs The Miz. Most of it i found boring. I think it was just a throw away ppv because of post Mania and having The GRR in the middle of it all set it up to not have much substance with proper feuds and match making. Also not a great start for the first duel brand ppv.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Backlash was terrible. The only decent match IMO was Seth Rollins vs The Miz. Most of it i found boring. I think it was just a throw away ppv because of post Mania and having The GRR in the middle of it all set it up to not have much substance with proper feuds and match making. Also not a great start for the first duel brand ppv.
Sounds like I missed out on nothing. Apparently fans were leaving during the main event. Reigns is so boring and couldn't pull a good promo to save himself. It is absolutely pathetic that they have the resources to get out of this slump but they're not smart enough to utilise their talents well enough.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Sounds like I missed out on nothing. Apparently fans were leaving during the main event. Reigns is so boring and couldn't pull a good promo to save himself. It is absolutely pathetic that they have the resources to get out of this slump but they're not smart enough to utilise their talents well enough.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah that's what i was reading too. I like Roman Reigns but they keep pushing him too much and people are tired of it. He either needs to have a heel turn which i think would do so much more for him in respect to he gets booed terrible now being a face mose well use that to get heat as a heel. I reckon an arsehole Reigns would be great. Biggest problem is Vince see's him as a face and face of wwe but at the moment it just turning everyone off him and it's been like that now for 2 years or so.

It's now Money in the Bank season so be interesting to see who end up qualifying as they have just started with the elimination matches at Raw today. I'd like to see Elias or Braun Strowman get a chance at winning MITB case. The woman's MITB i have no idea who you'd have. I'm liking Ruby Riott at the moment she is a decent wrestler but not sure if wwe are ready to push her yet.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Yeah that's what i was reading too. I like Roman Reigns but they keep pushing him too much and people are tired of it. He either needs to have a heel turn which i think would do so much more for him in respect to he gets booed terrible now being a face mose well use that to get heat as a heel. I reckon an arsehole Reigns would be great. Biggest problem is Vince see's him as a face and face of wwe but at the moment it just turning everyone off him and it's been like that now for 2 years or so.

It's now Money in the Bank season so be interesting to see who end up qualifying as they have just started with the elimination matches at Raw today. I'd like to see Elias or Braun Strowman get a chance at winning MITB case. The woman's MITB i have no idea who you'd have. I'm liking Ruby Riott at the moment she is a decent wrestler but not sure if wwe are ready to push her yet.
Yes I know. It's boring. They need to reunite The Shield in order to get fans onside with Reigns but Ambrose is going to be out for another 4-5 months or so. I think it's time to drop Reigns to maybe IC/US title level for a while then bring him back up later. Others like Ziggler and Curtis Axel not to mention Curtis Hawkins and Fandango need to go. They are nothing and just low-carders now.

What about our girls... Billie Kay and Peyton Royce :hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes: How freaking hot did they look when they helped Charlotte get dethroned. Man... I wouldn't mind them 2 attacking me if you catch my drift ;)

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Those Aussie girls are annoying AF.

Why did they get rid of Emma? She has more class and looks more believable as a female ass kicker than these 2.
I guess just WWE mismanagement at its finest again?