WTF !!!! We paid the same for Napa as the Bunnies are paying Cody Walker

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Multiple reports that Walker is currently on 650K. About to be upgraded but I can't understand why we didn't sign him the last time he was off contract which was only a few years ago.

To think we signed a useless c..t like Napa for virtually the same money as we could have signed one of the best halves in the comp is just infuriating frankly.

While personally I don't particularly like Walker for his dirty play, personality and rough head I could have probably coped seeing him in a Dogs jersey being a dickhead to opposing teams.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It happens in footy you’re going to make shit deals every now and then. I don’t really see the point going over things like this over and over. The contract is finished the vast majority of the people involved in it are long gone. I’m not sure what you want to achieve here with this post?

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
The real head scratcher is we paid 650k for having a Napa, but were only willing to fork out 400k for the best backrower in the comp....then we let him go.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Player salaries reported in the media should be taken with a grain of salt. It's not something that players or clubs publicize freely. So the media are very much in the dark about it. No point in having your head explode about a rumour.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It happens in footy you’re going to make shit deals every now and then. I don’t really see the point going over things like this over and over. The contract is finished the vast majority of the people involved in it are long gone. I’m not sure what you want to achieve here with this post?
Yeah I understand what you mean about old news but I always presumed Walker was on much more. To think about his impact on a game and that he is getting the same as we paid Napa for zero effort / effect for 3 years is just ridiculous and makes me angry to tell the truth.

Shows our former leaders just had no f..king idea

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
Multiple reports that Walker is currently on 650K. About to be upgraded but I can't understand why we didn't sign him the last time he was off contract which was only a few years ago.

To think we signed a useless c..t like Napa for virtually the same money as we could have signed one of the best halves in the comp is just infuriating frankly.

While personally I don't particularly like Walker for his dirty play, personality and rough head I could have probably coped seeing him in a Dogs jersey being a dickhead to opposing teams.
Cody Walker is an absolute c**t.

I can't stand looking at his moron head - imagine having to look at the c**t every time Dogs played

battered sav

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Well I think if you are going to criticise the way nrl players look then by all means knock yourselves out. But before doing so it is only fair for all on here to have a crack at your head as well. Then at least you'll appear less like an angry troll.

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
Well I think if you are going to criticise the way nrl players look then by all means knock yourselves out. But before doing so it is only fair for all on here to have a crack at your head as well. Then at least you'll appear less like an angry troll.
Not just that. He's dirty, niggling and a bad sport etc etc. His appearance just completes the package. He can play on his day but overall wouldn't want him anywhere near the Dogs.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's no way Cody Walker is on what the media are reporting. That'd be sans brown paper bags and authorised TPAs. I'd be amazed if he's on anything less than $850k a season.

As for Napa, the irony is that Napa had the best seasons of his career with us, equalling the amount of tries scored with us in a single season, comparted to an entire Roosters career. But after 2 injuries in quick succession he was never the same again. Shame really, but a long run with injuries can dent a players confidence, and some never regain it.

Hopefully RFM doesn't suffer the same fate.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
think about how Payne Haas feels earning $500K a season with the Broncos as compared with -->

* David Fifita is on $1.1 million
* Corey Oates is on $520K
* Joseph Tapine is on $610K
* Luke Thompson is on $725K
* Tevita Pangai Jr is on $750K
* Andrew Fifita is on $850K
* Aaron Woods was on $600K this season
* Tino Fa'asuamaleaui is on $700K
* Jarrod Wallace is on $600K
* Jake Trbojević is on $900K
* Martin Taupau is on $800K for 2022
* Addin Fonua-Blake is on $850K
* Tohu Harris is on $700K
* Matt Lodge was on $750-800K at the Broncos
* Thomas Flegler is on $600K
* Tyson Frizell is on $700K
* David Klammer is on $800K
* Jordan McLean is on $660K
* Jason Taumalolo is on $950K
* Reagan Campbell-Gillard is on $750K
* Junior Paulo is on $610K
* Russell Packer was on $750K this season

just happens in a restrictive salary cap game that clubs gamble on young players, overpay ageing stars, and let gems walk out the door

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
think about how Payne Haas feels earning $500K a season with the Broncos as compared with -->

just happens in a restrictive salary cap game that clubs gamble on young players, overpay ageing stars, and let gems walk out the door
You forgot Elliots 850k

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Add Josh Hodgson on that list for $900k in season 2022

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's no way Cody Walker is on what the media are reporting. That'd be sans brown paper bags and authorised TPAs. I'd be amazed if he's on anything less than $850k a season.

As for Napa, the irony is that Napa had the best seasons of his career with us, equalling the amount of tries scored with us in a single season, comparted to an entire Roosters career. But after 2 injuries in quick succession he was never the same again. Shame really, but a long run with injuries can dent a players confidence, and some never regain it.

Yep just like Latrell turned down $1.2 mill at the tigers to sign a $700k contract at South’s.

BulldogsNRL

Kennel Established
Reaction score

yes he equaled the amount of tries he scored with the roosters for us in 3 GAMES and we struggle to score tries