Wrong ruling for me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
Mbye touches his shoulder as he runs to rightly continue to contest and he upset his momentum? Zero effect on his momentum and his line!

These refs hide between a ruling that was put in place with a very clear intent. The intent is; you do not hinder a player without the ball, unless you're directly contesting for the ball. He was not hindered - touching his shoulder from the side and lightly behind had no impact whatsoever - and more likely would have helped him. If Mbye wanted to impede him, he would have grabbed or tackled him - nothing like that happened.

So yes he was penalised and technically should have been, but the intent behind the rule, that the rule is meant to serve, is completely lost in translation and common sense is meant to circumvent situations where the rule does not match the intent that the rules were creating for!

"The play did not impede his attempts to get to the ball by Mbye’s actions and from the touch of his shoulder" could have been easily stated and accepted - but no, let's just ruin a game with inept officiating yet again.

While to me Sutton is biased for me, orgasming on the result, any ref would have probably still ruled in the same way.. This game can be very cruel at times.

Having said that, we did not play to win, we only played to compete. Dumb decisions throughout the game and voodoo curse like mistakes! Frustrating!

Summary: Dumb Dogs + Dumb Refs = Another Dumb Loss

Last edited:

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
The nrl uses these "exotic" penalties to swing the game in favour of the betting agencies.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Mbye touches his shoulder as he runs to rightly continue to contest and he upset his momentum? Zero effect on his momentum and his line!

These refs hide between a ruling that was put in place with a very clear intent. The intent is; you do not hinder a player without the ball, unless you're directly contesting for the ball. He was not hindered - touching he shoulder from the side and lightly behind had no impact whatsoever - and more likely would have helped him. If Mbye wanted to impede him, he would have grabbed or tackled him - nothing like that happened.

So yes he was penalised and technically should have been, but the intent behind the rule, that the rule is meant to serve, is completely lost in translation and common sense is meant to circumvent situations where the rule does not match the intent that the rules were creating for!

"The play did not impede his attempts to get to the ball by is actions and touch of his shoulder" could have been easily stated and accepted - but no, let's just ruin a game with inept officiating yet again.

While to me Sutton is biased for me, orgasming on the result, any ref would have probably still ruled in the same way.. This game can be very cruel at times.

Having said that, we did not play to win, we only played to compete. Dumb decisions throughout the game and voodoo curse like mistakes! Frustrating!

Summary: Dumb Dogs + Dumb Refs = Another Dumb Loss
Correct ! Agree with you .

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
The nrl uses these "exotic" penalties to swing the game in favour of the betting agencies.
you really think so? I think it would not be the NRL but perhaps certain refs that want a better lifestyle and a larger retirement fund.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
To be honest I don’t think the refs know all the rules themselves. If they did they wouldn’t need the bunker. 30 years ago I knew all the rules. Today hit and miss

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
these gentle shoulder grabs happened every single game and never get penalised.

Refs were looking for a reason to blow a penalty as they did the entire game.

All Hail Mitch

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
By the letter of the law the last penalty, and binning, is hard to argue with. Unfortunately there's always been players who will take advantage of this.

Even though I was quite miffed at the loss, it wasn't the last call that had me livid. It was the rest of the disgraceful performance by the Sutton clan. An absolute travesty.

I hate blaming the refs for a loss, and the Dogs did not help their cause at times, but there were many appalling calls in the game. Morris running a player off the ball, Priest being call offside on the chase when he was about the only one bloody on side, and the clean sheet for the Broncos on the second half.

Disgraceful.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
By the letter of the law the last penalty, and binning, is hard to argue with. Unfortunately there's always been players who will take advantage of this.

Even though I was quite miffed at the loss, it wasn't the last call that had me livid. It was the rest of the disgraceful performance by the Sutton clan. An absolute travesty.

I hate blaming the refs for a loss, and the Dogs did not help their cause at times, but there were many appalling calls in the game. Morris running a player off the ball, Priest being call offside on the chase when he was about the only one bloody on side, and the clean sheet for the Broncos on the second half.

Disgraceful.
Agree thought the dogs were better though especially the changes pay made. Oh yeah u forgot the knock on Sutton said went back, that was a beautie

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Definitely dumb dogs. After tonight I’m convinced Pay can’t coach this mob. I’m not sure anyone can. The chemistry is all off and nobody is prepared to do the dirty work or take control. No dominant player in any of the 1,6,7,9 positions.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can be sure at some stage this year a more obvious takeout this year will go unpunished.

With the way our season is going it will go against us as well.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
What about Bmoz penalty to even the score?
yeah that was immediately after that knock on (never called) from the broncos winger .

both penalties back to back by the far the worst of the night.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Definitely dumb dogs. After tonight I’m convinced Pay can’t coach this mob. I’m not sure anyone can. The chemistry is all off and nobody is prepared to do the dirty work or take control. No dominant player in any of the 1,6,7,9 positions.
Really I would love to see your reaction at work when nothing goes your way.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Bottom line is.
If the players gave Sutton a chance to penalise us and gift the game to Brisbane with a penalty goal you better believe Sutton is going to take it.
Mybe's play was rather stupid.
Shouldn't of let the ball bounce and Hopoate was in front of Boyd anyway.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
yeah that was immediately after that knock on (never called) from the broncos winger .

both penalties back to back by the far the worst of the night.
Fuck I’m furious bro I feel like hulk smash.

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was a penalty unfortunatly. My question is wether they were entitled to send it up stairs. I thought they could only send it upstairs for try scoring movements. Clearly a no try and clearly no potential for a penalty try. So why are they entitled to go up stairs?

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Fuck I’m furious bro I feel like hulk smash.

I want to punch someone in the head so much , first time in my life I felt like throwing my remote to the TV.

fuck either I am getting old or this cheating is getting way over the top for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.