Opinion WOW A.J BRIMSON

spscand

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
2012 Barba... haven’t had a player with xfactor an speed like him since then, been a very long 9 year wait.!!!
Yep!
And people can't accept how good he was!

If he wasn't a total **** of a human, I wouldve thrown the bank to keep him. Unfortunately he turned out to be a ****. However, I don't blame him entirely. He was given EVERYTHING in 2012, and as young player who had nothing before that, he did not know how to deal with it. I blame the NRL and the media as equally for ruining him.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We used to have one of those didn't cost us much was home grown. his name was Ben Barba.
He is the most naturally gifted player I've ever seen. There isnt a single fullback around now that was as dynamic and complete as him. His defence was so underrated too, you could make a whole highlight video of his try saving tackles, his playmaking was really coming along too. 22 tries that year.

If he kept his life in order we would have won a premiership. People underestimate his influence to the Cronulla side that won it in 2016, he one of their most important players in the grand final.

I wonder if he is done with footy for good, 31 years old and would need to get his ban overturned.

Last edited:

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yep!
And people can't accept how good he was!

If he wasn't a total c*** of a human, I wouldve thrown the bank to keep him. Unfortunately he turned out to be a c***. However, I don't blame him entirely. He was given EVERYTHING in 2012, and as young player who had nothing before that, he did not know how to deal with it. I blame the NRL and the media as equally for ruining him.
People dont understand the pressures that come with the game. He was literally crowned as the face of the game in 2013 just before all the allegations came out. His face was being printed on every billboard and I dont think he was equipped to deal with it. Even when he won the Dally M you could sense his shyness and nervousness during the speech.

A

Alexander the Great

Agreed. Do you think Barrett will get that grace period on the kennel if we start bad next year? Holbrook wouldn’t have either
I give him two years. If things don't change after the second year we have failed. First year will be tough. Second year im hoping we have a better squad.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I give him two years. If things don't change after the second year we have failed. First year will be tough. Second year im hoping we have a better squad.
Two years? I'll give him two halves. If he can't win one of the halves then sack him and bring in Tim Sheens the following week.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
What's conveniently forgotten is what Pay achieved with our cattle at the back end of the last 2 seasons. Yes we know you hated Pay, but seriously the Titans had massively underachieved the last 2 seasons considering their roster.

Yes credit to Holbrook for the way he's got them playing. What would Holbrook have achieved with our roster? We will never know. All I know is that we've moved onto Barrett now who has swiftly let 8 players know they are not part of his long term plans.

The Titans look potential top 4 material for next year. Dare I say we are still 2 seasons away from top 8. Why? Because from what we have and who we know for sure so far who's coming officially, Barrett still doesn't have the cattle yet.

So do we blame Pay or Des or both for what our team looks like? We had bid for Korisau, Tedesco, Fifita, Mitchell, Ramien and others, securing none.

It wont stop me though going to ANZ today to cheer on our boys who finish their season from hell knowing that thanks to last weeks effort we don't have the spoon. That honor goes to the most powerful team in the comp who have clearly shown everyone how to completely fuck up your roster even worse than what we've achieved to do. I also go to farewell the departing players who have pulled on the Blue and White and busted their ass for us over the years.
Yes, Pay was a great coach. He was able to get a team with nothing to play for to win a few games at the back end of 2 seasons, what an achievement.

Problem is no other rugby league team agrees with you. There were vacant coaching roles open after Pay left - who was lining up for his services, where was his name mentioned. Not even his staunchest supporters in the media who kicked up a fuss about his sacking/quitting mentioned his name becuase they would have been laughed at.

And you're absolutely wrong that I hate Pay - I hate what happened to the team under Pay, but some of you need to take the rose coloured glasses off and forget about the 90's and see what he's acheived as a coach - which is a 30% win ration, no club would accept that and no amount of excuses you make will cover that up.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Good mate. That’s 50 more games than he’d usually get with some here

mikey

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Can we offer him a Laundy pub or 2 & be our fullback
Have liked him for years.adds real spark to there attack.the titans will play semi final football next year.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Bennett has a 3 year contract.
If we make the 8 by 2022 it will be an achievement.
2021 is going to be another painfull kick in the balls.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Brimson to Belmore make it happen if Meaney doesn't make the switch.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
And never been the same since.. what a player, and what a fucking waste... should of stayed with us and things would be very different for himself and us, all the what if’s aye... oh well, 2021 is the next phase, new era.!!
If everything I've heard about his behaviour behind the scenes is true, he was toxic to the team due to ego. Add to that his rubbish with the epic bender crew, allegations of spousal abuse etc. I'm not convinced that any club was ever going to nullify his tendency to pull weapons from his personal arsenal to shoot himself in the foot.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Agreed. Do you think Barrett will get that grace period on the kennel if we start bad next year? Holbrook wouldn’t have either
I think the kennel has about two dozen people who might give Barrett time to settle in and work with the squad before turning on him if we don't get immediate results. A huge portion of members here are overly dramatic and lack the ability to connect with reality.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I think the kennel has about two dozen people who might give Barrett time to settle in and work with the squad before turning on him if we don't get immediate results. A huge portion of members here are overly dramatic and lack the ability to connect with reality.
Well said mate