Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
AJ is my brothers mate they played footy together and hang out good kid too

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
But the cattle. I cringe remembering certain people on here insisting no one could do better than Pay.
What's conveniently forgotten is what Pay achieved with our cattle at the back end of the last 2 seasons. Yes we know you hated Pay, but seriously the Titans had massively underachieved the last 2 seasons considering their roster.

Yes credit to Holbrook for the way he's got them playing. What would Holbrook have achieved with our roster? We will never know. All I know is that we've moved onto Barrett now who has swiftly let 8 players know they are not part of his long term plans.

The Titans look potential top 4 material for next year. Dare I say we are still 2 seasons away from top 8. Why? Because from what we have and who we know for sure so far who's coming officially, Barrett still doesn't have the cattle yet.

So do we blame Pay or Des or both for what our team looks like? We had bid for Korisau, Tedesco, Fifita, Mitchell, Ramien and others, securing none.

It wont stop me though going to ANZ today to cheer on our boys who finish their season from hell knowing that thanks to last weeks effort we don't have the spoon. That honor goes to the most powerful team in the comp who have clearly shown everyone how to completely fuck up your roster even worse than what we've achieved to do. I also go to farewell the departing players who have pulled on the Blue and White and busted their ass for us over the years.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
What's conveniently forgotten is what Pay achieved with our cattle at the back end of the last 2 seasons. Yes we know you hated Pay, but seriously the Titans had massively underachieved the last 2 seasons considering their roster.

Yes credit to Holbrook for the way he's got them playing. What would Holbrook have achieved with our roster? We will never know. All I know is that we've moved onto Barrett now who has swiftly let 8 players know they are not part of his long term plans.

The Titans look potential top 4 material for next year. Dare I say we are still 2 seasons away from top 8. Why? Because from what we have and who we know for sure so far who's coming officially, Barrett still doesn't have the cattle yet.

So do we blame Pay or Des or both for what our team looks like? We had bid for Korisau, Tedesco, Fifita, Mitchell, Ramien and others, securing none.

It wont stop me though going to ANZ today to cheer on our boys who finish their season from hell knowing that thanks to last weeks effort we don't have the spoon. That honor goes to the most powerful team in the comp who have clearly shown everyone how to completely fuck up your roster even worse than what we've achieved to do. I also go to farewell the departing players who have pulled on the Blue and White and busted their ass for us over the years.
Very true. We did the EXACT same thing as the Titans when we had nothing to play for in 2018 and 2019. No credit was given to the coach then but when someone else does it the are coach of the century haha fools

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
We used to have one of those didn't cost us much was home grown. his name was Ben Barba.
And never been the same since.. what a player, and what a fucking waste... should of stayed with us and things would be very different for himself and us, all the what if’s aye... oh well, 2021 is the next phase, new era.!!

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
It wont stop me though going to ANZ today to cheer on our boys who finish their season from hell knowing that thanks to last weeks effort we don't have the spoon.
Same and well said.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

One thing we should all be able to agree on is: that if Pay was sacked in favour of Holbrook then we wouldn't have been sweating on Cowboys winning this week as we would have already avoided the spoon weeks prior

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
One thing we should all be able to agree on is: that if Pay was sacked in favour of Holbrook then we wouldn't have been sweating on Cowboys winning this week as we would have already avoided the spoon weeks prior
It’s all hypothetical and what ifs but we came 12th the past two years. Titans got the spoon last year

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don't remember winning games 36-6 under Pay and the Titans have won 5 in a row. From the eye test they look genuinely good and well coached, whereas we were still grinding out results in our late season wins under Pay 12-6 and 10-4 and still looked clunky in attack...

The Titans look like a well balanced, well coached and exciting team in attack and defence. Which illustrates the great job Holbrook has done in a short period of time. He was always an infinitely better coach than Pay.

Anyway, it's a moot point. I'm happy with Barrett and think he'll do well. But I'm happy to see Holbrook do well and prove how good a coach some of us thought he was.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I don't remember winning games 36-6 under Pay and the Titans have won 5 in a row. From the eye test they look genuinely good and well coached, whereas we were still grinding out results in our late season wins under Pay 12-6 and 10-4 and still looked clunky in attack...

The Titans look like a well balanced, well coached and exciting team in attack and defence. Which illustrates the great job Holbrook has done in a short period of time. He was always an infinitely better coach than Pay.

Anyway, it's a moot point. I'm happy with Barrett and think he'll do well. But I'm happy to see Holbrook do well and prove how good a coach some of us thought he was.
I agree with most of what you’ve said but difficult to compare rosters, salary cap constraints etc too. Holbrook is definitely more experienced and has the Titans looking great. Not sure why they couldn’t have done it earlier in the season though

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I agree with most of what you’ve said but difficult to compare rosters, salary cap constraints etc too. Holbrook is definitely more experienced and has the Titans looking great. Not sure why they couldn’t have done it earlier in the season though
In the first season with any coach it takes time to figure out what lineup works best, to get the players used to playing your way, to get rid of bad habits etc.. Especially with a wooden spoon team like them..

Either way, Holbrook deserves credit and I'm sure with the signings they've made they'll make the 8 or better next season. Anything less would be an underachievement.

Hopefully Barrett has as much or a bigger impact than Holbrook, which I'm confident he can.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
In the first season with any coach it takes time to figure out what lineup works best, to get the players used to playing your way,ti get rid of bad habits etc.. Especially with a wooden spoon team like them..

Either way, Holbrook deserves credit and I'm sure with the signings they've made they'll make the 8 or better next season. Anything less would be an underachievement.

Hopefully Barrett has as much or a bigger impact than Holbrook, which I'm confident he can.
Agreed. Do you think Barrett will get that grace period on the kennel if we start bad next year? Holbrook wouldn’t have either

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Agreed. Do you think Barrett will get that grace period on the kennel if we start bad next year? Holbrook wouldn’t have either
Haha. I think he will for sure as almost all fans are happy with his appointment and realise how crap we've been for three seasons. Holbrook would have been afforded the same benefit of the doubt..

A lot of people were dubious about Pay but I think most fans were pretty patient with him for the first season. It wasn't until late in the first season and then the next season and a half after that until people could see he wasn't the right option and wanted someone else..

Then again if the club announce some good signings soon that make us much more competitive talent wise, then people's expectations will be higher. But with any coach they need at least half a season before they can properly be judged.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Haha. I think he will for sure as almost all fans are happy with his appointment and realise how crap we've been for three seasons. Holbrook would have been afforded the same benefit of the doubt..

A lot of people were dubious about Pay but I think most fans were pretty patient with him for the first season. It wasn't until late in the first season and then the next season and a half after that until people could see he wasn't the right option and wanted someone else..

Then again if the club announce some good signings soon that make us much more competitive talent wise, then people's expectations will be higher. But with any coach they need at least half a season before they can properly be judged.
You have more faith in some people here than me mate haha. There are definitely more signings to come. It’s so exciting having a full cap and money to spend. Bring on 2021

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You have more faith in some people here than me mate haha. There are definitely more signings to come. It’s so exciting having a full cap and money to spend. Bring on 2021
Haha. Maybe.. I was patient with Pay early on and I'll be patient with Barrett too. Some key signings along with the coaching overhaul will have most people being positive and optimistic heading into next season.

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pays better

Where the fuck are the numpties who were defending pay?
ikr he has much better cv as an assistant in NRL, killed it in super league , and they pay apologists didn’t want him . Out of everything that has gone last few seasons . Not signing Hoolbrook by far the biggest fuck up . Knows how to coach players , can recruit (look next season ) and can spot talent , brought in Fogarty from qld cup