Wouldn't be good to see the Nth Sydney Bears back in action the old days huh

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
The comp misses their colour combo. The next best combo to blue and white.

Last edited:

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The push to get rid of Sydney clubs could largely be seen to benefit the junior nurseries of the Roosters who stood to inherit the catchment area of the Bunnies.

So it's a shame that many clubs and fans lost their teams. A couple of my mates outright stopped supporting league when their NRL teams were pushed out.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I am of the opinion that if a club can't remain viable on it's own merits, without having to rely upon handouts by the league then they should go the way of the dinosaur or relocate and try to save their club and brand. On the question of the bears I would have liked the bears to have survived the cull and Manly to have been dumped but you can't have everything.

Last edited:

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The comp misses their colour combo. The next best combo to blue and white.
Yes the colour combo was good, so was the jersey, but you just can’t beat the blue an white of the doggies huh !!

racin jason

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can you join Nasheed? Please? There. I was nice about it......

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
potentially as a reinvention of the Bears based out of Gosford but even then, there are 3-4 more desirable expansion locations - 2nd Brisbane team, Perth, Wellington etc.

Belmore'sFinest

Waterboy
Reaction score
Bears have Matts, Ball, Jersey Flegg (up until this season) Harvey Norman Womens, NSW Cup and age development squads with the link to the Roosters and North Sydney Oval is still one of the best suburban grounds to visit and has its own leagues club and club collection that generates revenue. The club could return to first grade but not connected to the central coast. Rugby league fights with cricket, union and local council so I dont see them re entering the competition until they completely dominate the sports landscape.

steve1700

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They will only be back if central coast gets a team

steve1700

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bears have Matts, Ball, Jersey Flegg (up until this season) Harvey Norman Womens, NSW Cup and age development squads with the link to the Roosters and North Sydney Oval is still one of the best suburban grounds to visit and has its own leagues club and club collection that generates revenue. The club could return to first grade but not connected to the central coast. Rugby league fights with cricket, union and local council so I dont see them re entering the competition until they completely dominate the sports landscape.
North sydney council gave the lease to A league northern spirits and they what lasted 5 or so years