Would you take Maguire if he bought Jackson Hastings with him ?

ricko_29

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Baz thought Hastings sucked at manly so he must be right, right!?

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Anyone watching Hastings right now v Manly……ummmm
Hastings is playing with a foot injury. Had it recently cleaned out and dropped kicking duties. It has impacted his game immensely. He would be great partner for Burton..

Dapper Dog

Deitz-ciple
Reaction score
"After reportedly making a big play for Luke Brooks in the off-season, the Knights have now set their sights on Jackson Hastings.
The Sydney Morning Herald reported the Knights have had discussions about luring Hastings to Newcastle for 2023.
Hastings is currently on a deal worth $375,000 in 2022, but that increases to around $500,000 next season
"

I don't see us landing him... but if the numbers are true, $500K would only be a tiny fraction more than what we're allegedly paying for Flanno, and the upgrade in playmaking ability would be huge.

I think it would be dumb for Tigers to release him, but they already have Brooks and Doueihi in their halves, with Madden as back-up. Doueihi can play fullback/centre, but you'd think Laurie is a lock for fullback, and they'd be straining their cap if they had their "star-signings" in Gildart and Naden playing reserves. So it is at least plausible that they consider releasing Hastings (but then you wonder why they even signed him at all...).

The real question then is whether any other team out there would want Flanno... it really seems like the only option is Flanno Snr getting a coaching gig and then taking Kyle in.

berryboy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'd prefer to stick with Potter and give Flanno a bit more time at 7.