Would you take Maguire if he bought Jackson Hastings with him ?

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Would you want Hastings over Hughes? Or Moses? Hastings isn’t bad, but not hard to look good in a very bad team.

Over the last few years the club has tried to money ball it’s way out of this mess and the way I see it more than half our team that will be in our next premiership window would have not played a FG game today. We need to find the next Hughes/Moses etc, that will be with us for +10 years.
I was pumping Hughes tyres long before he hit form and most on here were adamant he was ordinary and only decent because he was in the storm system lol. If we were ever to get Hughes I'd want him to be our fullback tbh.

Moses would be awesome as well and give us an excellent goal kicker, but in big moments he is prone to choking and will cost a fortune. So it would be a big risk/reward play.

I just feel we've been a rudderless ship for years and Hastings knows how to direct a team around the park and would provide us the most value in the short term.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Have you watched tommy? He’s been terrible one of their worst players drops it nearly every touch. I laugh at my tigers mate he’s always going off about him haha
Hasn't played this year

GreenTurd

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hasn't played this year
I’m not sure if he has or hasn’t this year but I watched a lot of tigers games he played and he hasn’t played good at all. Bad with and without the ball I’d seriously rather Holland or Montoya

mr j

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I was pumping Hughes tyres long before he hit form and most on here were adamant he was ordinary and only decent because he was in the storm system lol. If we were ever to get Hughes I'd want him to be our fullback tbh.

Moses would be awesome as well and give us an excellent goal kicker, but in big moments he is prone to choking and will cost a fortune. So it would be a big risk/reward play.

I just feel we've been a rudderless ship for years and Hastings knows how to direct a team around the park and would provide us the most value in the short term.
Hastings is still on contract for next year. If we were going to sign someone who’s currently on a contract Hastings wouldn’t be anywhere near the top of my list. Don’t understand all this love for Hastings.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Madge at the warriors would be perfect. Maybe he can take some of our rejects.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Anyone watching Hastings right now v Manly……ummmm

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Absolutely NOT, trash talk.. we want our MIGHTY BULLDOGS back where we belong. And it won’t Happen with all these shit coaching suggestions… and the fact we still haven’t heard anything is annoying.!! We need experience, and proven, I can say it time an time again. Flanno is the man to lead us out of this ugly big hole we have been in for many many sad years!!!

foREVerA7X

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I retract my earlier statement about being very on the fence if Madge came with players...

No I'm waaaay over it and walking in the opposite direction.

I know the job for us is a massive task and will more than likely require an experienced task master, I sorta feel that the way the game and personalities of this younger crop, maybe a different direction may work?

Who the Fuck knows....

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
As a united fan the name ‘Maguire’ haunts me don’t need one at the dogs to.

Last edited:

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Would you eat a shit sandwhich if it had a wagyu steak on it? No? Because Hastings is barely a flank steak