Opinion Would you take a punt on Anthony Milford?

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
i reckon its all about the players
because the best coaches in the game lose when tje playerd are gone.
look at cleary and bennett and i bet that if Smith and Monster went down so will melb
The good coaches just get the good players (bennett) or have an eye for talent (Flanagan).
spell check or is that in punjab? please enlighten us

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Players are more important than coaches at the end of the day. Hasler looked like a masterclass when he had Barba in top form in 2012 and he does atm with Turbo again. Prior to that Brett Stewart, Jamie Lyon and etc made him look like a superstar coach.

You take the best player out of any squad and the coaches get exposed. Bennett at the Knights was an abysmal failure, Ivan Clearly is looking like a moron with his son now out, Trent Robinson is also looking like a goose at the Roosters with injuries mounting.

The only one is Bellamy and realistically he's held the same squad together for decades until they all retired and began handing of the reigns to their next generation, he hasn't had his squad torn apart neither has he had to deal with amazing injury problems in the past few years.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Just a suggestion but we all know the potential that Anthony Milford has and the only reason his reputation took a hit was because he was on a million dollars and wasn’t performing towards the end of his contract and could possibly benefit from a change…. Still only 26 would you take him on a reduced contract knowing that he could cover multiple positions?

No need for nasty comments please, just opinions.
No

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
“A smart club will sign Anthony Milford,”

“If I was coaching next year and I had a chance to sign Anthony Milford, I would take him, that’s the best reference I can give to any NRL club."

“In a good system where he is appreciated for what he brings, Anthony Milford is a wonderful player, there is no doubt about that," Bennett continued.

“But he needs to find a home that can benefit from what he brings and that club has to have a stable environment."

“He will find a club in the NRL, mark my words. He will have to take a major pay cut but it‘s not going to happen that he won’t get another contract," he said.

“I coached him for four years, I know better than most what he can bring.

“The important thing for Anthony, like many players, is having the right environment around him."

“He has football ability, he hasn’t lost that. He has got skills most people don’t have and his kicking game is much improved,"

“Anthony has more to offer, I really believe that. In the right club, Anthony will succeed.”

“I don’t know if Souths can fit him in, there has been no discussion at this stage but I won’t be here next year."

Bennett's two cents.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
“A smart club will sign Anthony Milford,”

“If I was coaching next year and I had a chance to sign Anthony Milford, I would take him, that’s the best reference I can give to any NRL club."

“In a good system where he is appreciated for what he brings, Anthony Milford is a wonderful player, there is no doubt about that," Bennett continued.

“But he needs to find a home that can benefit from what he brings and that club has to have a stable environment."

“He will find a club in the NRL, mark my words. He will have to take a major pay cut but it‘s not going to happen that he won’t get another contract," he said.

“I coached him for four years, I know better than most what he can bring.

“The important thing for Anthony, like many players, is having the right environment around him."

“He has football ability, he hasn’t lost that. He has got skills most people don’t have and his kicking game is much improved,"

“Anthony has more to offer, I really believe that. In the right club, Anthony will succeed.”

“I don’t know if Souths can fit him in, there has been no discussion at this stage but I won’t be here next year."

Bennett's two cents.
Pretty nice endorsement or is Bennett having a dig at his son in law for getting rid of Milf ?

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Pretty nice endorsement or is Bennett having a dig at his son in law for getting rid of Milf ?
he is taking another pot shot at the broncos