Opinion Would you scrap the bunker and bring back refs call/benefit of doubt

Eesma

Kennel Established
Reaction score
In this day and age, you need to be an elite sport to pull in big money from sponsorships and broadcast deals. It can't be an elite sport with games decided by benefit of the doubt. There needs to be precision. The bunker SHOULD help achieve that. The problems are consistency and communication. They need to make it clear exactly how they intend to officiate and then they need to uphold those standards. That's not happening right now.

foREVerA7X

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I dont understand why the bunker officials are constantly changing? Why can't they employ a team who sit in that bunker and officiate every game. There is no need more a mobile bunker, it can all be operated out of NRL HQ.

If you have the same team week in, week out, then surely you eliminate the grey area of interpretations as it's the same team.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Rorts and stupidity will be rorts and stupidity, no matter what bullshit system is used.
Agree, the game has just turned to shit in general, with or without the bunker still too many stoppages an infringements. And as always.. no common sense. It’s a joke and NRLOL is definitely the term now.!!

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
The problem is human error, I actually want the bunker checking everything. The amount of decisions we'd get wrong without the bunker would be ridiculous.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with the bunker.

Just the dickheads in charge of it.

They need better training.

Greenmachine121

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Hitler had a bunker …. That’s all I’m saying

I think the main issues are the obstruction rule , decoys , hands in the ruck , high tackle rulings , random six agains , players diving , play the balls and Ben Cummings hair

Last edited:

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I dont understand why the bunker officials are constantly changing? Why can't they employ a team who sit in that bunker and officiate every game. There is no need more a mobile bunker, it can all be operated out of NRL HQ.

If you have the same team week in, week out, then surely you eliminate the grey area of interpretations as it's the same team.
Best thing idea I've heard

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with the tech, it's the fukwits they consistently pick to use it. Politics, agenda, betting and just plain useless blind fuks. Goes the same for the ref's on field. Actually be professional, neutral and have double the ranks required so their accountable and can be dropped. I actually like an idea of 3 different officials in different boxes away from eachother and each make a decision that lights up on the screen. Majority decision rules.

Malla

Reaction score
Bunker is not the problem, if anything we don't use the tech enough.

The problem is there are so many rules, so many different interpretations of the rules and we are not actually using the bunker the way we should.

I find it absolutely hilarious when guys like Kent and Anasta go on national TV and say blow the bunker up, let the ref make the decision, we can live with a couple mistakes here and there lol.

Also what we are seeing this year is a downstream impact from Vlandys making sudden changes to the rules last year. It's going to get worse before it gets better. It is only a matter of time before a rule/ref blunder costs a team the premiership.

GTOWN

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It is only a matter of time before a rule/ref blunder costs a team the premiership.
Could happen I suppose… something like a ref calling 6 again then changing his mind?