Opinion Would you scrap the bunker and bring back refs call/benefit of doubt

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I reckon its live play with the refs call only unless the captains challenged is used, and give each side 3 per game which is still heaps less than most games of bunker involvment.

If its a try then the team scored against has up until the goal kick is placed which will give coaches about 30+ seconds to look at a replay and send a challenge message to the players to challenge if they want it to go to the bunker.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In instances where a try cannot be confirmed by video ref, the benefit should go to the attacking team (after all they've done all the work to get to the line and get over it).

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with the tech, it's the fukwits they consistently pick to use it. Politics, agenda, betting and just plain useless blind fuks. Goes the same for the ref's on field. Actually be professional, neutral and have double the ranks required so their accountable and can be dropped. I actually like an idea of 3 different officials in different boxes away from eachother and each make a decision that lights up on the screen. Majority decision rules.
There was a reason why The General walked away from it.

Always a Bulldog

Greenmachine121

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I guess we can’t expect perfection , so if the ref bottles it and makes the incorrect we have to live with it
Been that way all the time I played , yeah it sux to cop a bad call
What are you gonna do …. Ima go get the papers get the papers

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Personally think they need to bring back the second ref to solely the police the ruck. Seeing far too much shit going on in there at the minute. We’re also seeing so much time lost to CCs because refs aren’t picking up the illegal acts.

And to avoid the issue of players saying there’s inconsistencies in the policing of the 10 within the same game - keep one the permanent ref - and the other is solely the ruck ref.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Personally think they need to bring back the second ref to solely the police the ruck. Seeing far too much shit going on in there at the minute. We’re also seeing so much time lost to CCs because refs aren’t picking up the illegal acts.

And to avoid the issue of players saying there’s inconsistencies in the policing of the 10 within the same game - keep one the permanent ref - and the other is solely the ruck ref.
No way, the game is better with 1 ref.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The problem is human error, I actually want the bunker checking everything. The amount of decisions we'd get wrong without the bunker would be ridiculous.
Bunker has its own issues but yes the scary thing is it highlights how many times the refs get it wrong each game..

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

agree

also can’t believe I’m going to defend the bunker but the commentators are the worst and make out the refs have made huge blunders when … a ) commentator has no clue on the rule. Observed this on too many occasionns… b) a 50/50 call make out a huge blunder … at the end the of the day .. biggest issue officiating is the consistency between teams in ruck .. riff ‘ storm ‘ roosters / souths and manly get away with murder
the other issue is the obstruction rule and that’s more To do with the rules they have to apply