Votes: 24 24.2%
  • No

Votes: 74 74.7%

• Total voters

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Absolutely not.
I like the guy, but he has nothing to offer on the field, anymore.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Like many jobs people get, sometimes the opportunities just come up out of the blue.

I'm retired, and was approached by an acquaintance, now a good mate, who invited me to do some part time work for him as a tour guide.
Rail history is my hobby, and Scott runs tours of countries where all travel, where possible, is done by rail. He needed a Swiss expert, and I just happen to know a bit about Swiss trains. So, I wound up hosting two tours a year around the Alps by train.

I go there in April and September. They are good times to travel, because it's outside the peak tourist seasons - so no crowds. I also host a tour of Outback Qld, going out to the dinosaur sites at Winton, and riding the classic Guflander and Savannahlander trains - both of which will test the fillings in your teeth.

In March I take people around Tasmania to look at the remnants of railways down there. I was doing two tours a year of Japan, but at 71, I need to slow down a bit -and the long haul flights are mind numbingly boring. The money's good, though.

If you want advice on Switzerland, I'm very happy to help you.
Wow good stuff mate. Good on you.
I’ll remember that if I ever get the chance to go

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No. Not even worth 100 k. Constantly injured is disruptive we gain no Rythym

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not even as a ball boy as he would injure himself placing the ball on the sideline and seek compo from the club.

mr j

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Foran thinks his best days still are ahead of him so throw him an open cheque book :p

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The dust is settling and KF is facing the reality of an early comeback and another possible injury or a Billy Slater time out with the second surgery and rehab. The difference is Billy Slater is a Storm, QLD and Aussie Legend and still under contract with the Storm. Kieren Foran was on top of the world in 2011 but has been a basket case since and currently enjoying the contract of a lifetime with us.

Sooner or later with the right people talking to him he should see the gravity of his situation and hopefully be more open to sensible discussion about the way forward.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Is that even a logical question?

Okay, some posters say offer him 250k on a new contract but would the NRL even consider that? Remember the big ripples when St Merge signed Gasnier to a 50k contract. Pretty sure that it was reported at the time of that little gem then that the NRL would need to approve that type of deal and as is their want they would probably say that here it is not commensurate with his experience and representative record etc.

I can't locate the information but surely they can't dictate a contract for that amount if offered is not one that could not be registered. As long as he gets more than the minimum the only objection that the NRL could possibly raise would be his ranking within the top 30 players.

There are portions of the standard playing agreement dealing with health and injury etc which are interesting reading in particular those dealing with termination due to health risk, termination due to incapacity etc.

https://www.nswrl.com.au/siteassets/documents/nswrl-standard-playing-agreement-.pdf

For mine I wouldn't bother. Good luck to him if he believes he could play another 2-3 years but we would more than likely see the same scenario repeated again where he misses the greater part of the season due to injury. If a club can get value from him good on them because really we certainly haven't.

Whichever way the future rolls his days of a nice cosy contract are over.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The issue will be out of Foran’s hands. The seriousness of this current shoulder injury requiring 2 procedures to the most unstable joint in the body compounded by the complex interplay of his existing injuries neck, lower back & knees; the decision will be made by medical professionals factoring in his quality of life post football.

That is true but it will still not solve the problem of whether or not his wage is included in our cap. Will have to prove beyond doubt that this injury is a new one not connected in anyway with those that came before or we are still stuck paying him out his full amount under our cap for 2020 whether that be less the 350k discount from the NRL for being injured during a rep match.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Cant believe this is even a thread... Nothing but a death pit of frustration.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Wouldnt want him on 1K a year. The disruption he causes being out so much in a key position is worse than not having him at all. He has a football brain though, happy for him to do some coaching role, but want him out of our team ASAP, hes an anchor.

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No. The bloke should be paying us to resign him given how much dough we have coughed up for him to sit at Maccas whilst we play.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Ok don’t shoot I agree he is a bit of a basket case but a gun for the rare games he actually plays

An article suggested due to his injuries he may only get 300k would you roll the dice at that price ?
I'm not even sure how this is the question.

I can not come up with any rational argument for why anyone would vote yes to keeping FOran (even on cheap salary). The club needs to sever ties immediately and move on.