Would you - Mal Meninga for coach?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bbyss

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think Des is a good coach and ref's kill our momentum evey time we get on a roll.......

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
It has to be Jimmy Dymock next in line. He has been waiting patiently and loyally for a while now.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
My mum could coach that Queensland squad.

No.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Wow and Souths roster this year is much worse then 2014 and look how they are going. The coach wasn't the reason.
Lol the coach is always the reason.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Even Mal has stated he is not a coach....origin players don't need coaching, he managers the players, get them in the right mind set etc. they may have the odd game plan if there is a glaring weakness but that's it

week in week out, forming a structure and getting players up for it 24 weeks straight is something he cant do

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind this idea either. Not a meat head and has the ability to inspire and get players to follow him.

I think he will end up in commentry though.
I rate Brett Kimmorley as well. No idea why he isn't coaching our lower grades.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
They had 3 top players in inglis Burgess and teo plus very strong in the rest of the squad.
Our roster was better.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I rate Brett Kimmorley as well. No idea why he isn't coaching our lower grades.
Kimmorley is terrible. All his opinions are terrible. Do not want him anywhere near our club.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Kimmorley is terrible. All his opinions are terrible. Do not want him anywhere near our club.
Yeah Kimmorley only wanted to use our club as a honey pot in his last years playing - thought he was inline for a 10 plus year big coaching payday after he finished playing. I never liked him and he makes it clear that he doesn't like us and that makes me confirm my original feeling that there is something about this bloke I don't like.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Yeah Kimmorley only wanted to use our club as a honey pot in his last years playing - thought he was inline for a 10 plus year big coaching payday after he finished playing. I never liked him and he makes it clear that he doesn't like us and that makes me confirm my original feeling that there is something about this bloke I don't like.
As I said before I think Ennis will make a great coach when he retires.

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
Hasler is fine - He's one of the top coaches in the NRL I don't understand why people constantly want him gone because I gusarantee you there will be buyers remorse with whoever we bring in.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The only coach for the dogs is Ennis when he retires lol
Hey don't joke, Ennis would probably turn out to be one of the better candidates to coach one day. He has a very good understanding of the game and when he commentates and appears on NRL360 he knows the game very tactically. On the other hand I would love to have some one like Mathew Johns at the helm. He was an understudy to Craig Bellamy and they had nothing but high praise for him.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Certainly not saying i want him at the helm with the doggies but i think Matthew elliot is rather unlucky not to have a coaching gig, better than a number of current coaches getting around. Same thing with Ivan Cleary

habibsta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Dymock
>>>>>>>>

Cleary

Not much else Daley or ex bulldog Hagan wouldn't be bad

Status
Not open for further replies.