Would the Broncos "throw" this match?

bulldogfan1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Manly and Parra play this Friday night at 6pm.

If Manly win they stay 5th or even if they lose but lose by less than 12 points, they will stay at 5th.

So if Manly remain at 5th they will play the 8th placed team.

If Broncos lose, they will drop to 8th unless the unlikely result of a Sharks/Tigers draw, then they miss the semis.

One would think Brisbane would much rather play Manly at Brooky without Turbo and Joel Thonpson than go to Bankwest where Parra are otherworldly, especially as it will be absolutely packed. Brisbane also got spanked by Parra earlier in the season at Bankwest.

Surely Brisbane would much rather play Manly than Parra.

Interesting to see what happens as the Manly Parra game is on Friday night and we are on Saturday twilight game.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
No chance. if they lose, then they can still miss the 8.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
To even entertain the proposition in the original post would be ridiculous.

As if professional teams even pay consideration to these what if scenarios.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
No way if they win they are 100% in the eight if they lose there’s a chance they could miss. It’s a small chance but you never know.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How could you get any team of proud young athletes to all throw a game and expect to keep it quiet?

bulldogfan1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Draws in the 10 minute golden point era are highly highly unlikely

tnt

Waterboy
Reaction score
Broncos will be playing to winScreenshot_2019-09-02-15-08-09-28.jpeg

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Broncs won't get a chance to throw the game, our doggies will sort them out...
Fuck I hope you are right!! My son is a gronks supporter and I’ve already dusted off the head gear and mouth guard for this match lol

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Manly and Parra play this Friday night at 6pm.

If Manly win they stay 5th or even if they lose but lose by less than 12 points, they will stay at 5th.

So if Manly remain at 5th they will play the 8th placed team.

If Broncos lose, they will drop to 8th unless the unlikely result of a Sharks/Tigers draw, then they miss the semis.

One would think Brisbane would much rather play Manly at Brooky without Turbo and Joel Thonpson than go to Bankwest where Parra are otherworldly, especially as it will be absolutely packed. Brisbane also got spanked by Parra earlier in the season at Bankwest.

Surely Brisbane would much rather play Manly than Parra.

Interesting to see what happens as the Manly Parra game is on Friday night and we are on Saturday twilight game.
I would buy everyone on the kennel a beer if broncos got smashed and knocked out of semis . Music to my ears baby

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Broncs won't get a chance to throw the game, our doggies will sort them out...
Good on you champ for showing that support
I’ve been on holidays throughout Europe for a month and still followed the mighty dogs,I must be crazy !
Definitely attending our last game to cheer on our team
Hasn’t been too shabby overall

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They will want to take as much momentum into the finals as possible.. No way the Broncos throw this game

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Let's say we win against the Broncos... I reckon there'd be some subconscious attempt from the Sharks and Tigers to agree on a draw and both make the 8.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Parra have not beaten a top eight team since round 15 which was Manly. So their place in the eight is not because they are worthy of it but because all the other teams are just as bad as them if not worse.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tommy turbo aside, I would think playing at brookie is worse than playing at bankwest. Although it's in Parramatta, I wouldn't call it a suburban ground with big home crowd advantage like brookie.

We beat parra there, I don't see them making a big run in to the finals to be honest.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
How about this Hypothetical assuming we win. Sharks and tigers draw (tank). They both jump the Gronks and do away with a Qld game. A win win for both the Sharks and Tigers. Only if we win. I know i know, get of the pipe.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Let's say we win against the Broncos... I reckon there'd be some subconscious attempt from the Sharks and Tigers to agree on a draw and both make the 8.
That's my theory Raysie. Im sorry i didn't see your post. Would be the best scenario.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Would be awesome to knock the Gronks out of the 8... No Queensland team in the finals lol