Would Melbourne Storm keep Craig Bellamy as a coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
after being the head coach for Storm for next five years , and in 2022 the club ...

- will have the worst halves in the comp
- will have the worst hooker in the comp
- will have the dead set average fullback and back line in the comp
- will be over the cap

Would he still keep his job at Melbourne Storm, despite him taking Storm to numerous premierships, Grand finals, making the top 8s every year, etc etc?

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Btw OP forgot to mention that this is a hypothetical...

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No... Storm don't accept mediocrity. He'd be out the door after 2 poor seasons in my opinion.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
after being the head coach for Storm for next five years , and in 2022 the club ...

- will be over the cap

Would he still keep his job at Melbourne Storm, despite him taking Storm to numerous premierships, Grand finals, making the top 8s every year, etc etc?
I'm not sure how you come to the assumption they'll have th he worst players in all the mentioned positions, but the big question mark over Bellamy will be how he manages to overcome the loss of his dynamite spine. Right now you could argue that Hasler earned his reputation by providing a structural platform for guys like Brett Stewart and Foran to shine from. You can't really judge Bellamy on his ability to coach until he's without those hugely influential players.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
all i am saying is , IF this scenario happens , would bellamy keep his job at storm despite his phenomenal record.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If he missed the finals for 1 year and the 2nd year nothing improved the storm would sack him, but I think Bellamy would resign before it came to that.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Why we talking hypotheticals on a Storm coach in a Dogs forum? Maybe this should be placed elsewhere unless we signing Bellamy

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Why we talking hypotheticals on a Storm coach in a Dogs forum? Maybe this should be placed elsewhere unless we signing Bellamy

replace
bellamy with des
storm with dogs
now with 2012
2022 with 2017

relevant enough?

GUSLER

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We've been making the 8 for the majority of the last 50 years, and winning GF's along the way. Des has not surpassed the majority of bulldogs coaches int the last 5 decades. In fact, the last time we missed the top 4 in 5 consecutive years was in the 70's. Des is actually one of the worst performing coaches we've had in a long time. His record is nothing special - the past 6 years has been 1st,7th,6th,5th,7th and prob 14th...

Its a myth that his record speaks for itself. His record has been above average.

GUSLER

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The longer he stays with us, the worse his record and legacy becomes.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

- will be over the cap

Stupid question because Hasler hasn't won us a ccomp. We haven't won one in 13 years. If Hasler had won us 3 comps no one would be asking for his head right now.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Who cares what that cheating scab club do. I hate them. I hate that cheat grub coach and I hate how it's all forgotten that he cheated and built everything he had from CHEATING.

To answer your question, probs not.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Stupid question because Hasler hasn't won us a ccomp. We haven't won one in 13 years. If Hasler had won us 3 comps no one would be asking for his head right now.

not a stupid question, If Bellamy himself can not survive after 5 years of rot that too after winning premierships, minor premierships , making the 8 and stuff then how can Des claim the highest salary in league for having the worst halves, worst hooker, no fullback, zero recruitment and sqaud over the cap after 5 years of total control.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
not a stupid question, If Bellamy himself can not survive after 5 years of rot that too after winning premierships, minor premierships , making the 8 and stuff then how can Des claim the highest salary in league for having the worst halves, worst hooker, no fullback, zero recruitment and sqaud over the cap after 5 years of total control.
If Hasler had won those 2 gf's that he lost for us he could come last 3 years straight and I wouldn't care.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bellamy would put his hand up and say I need a new c challenge or I'm taking a break. Unlike Des the arrogant and delusional! In an interview today he stated the following -

"The group here is very united - we know it's been an up-and-down year - but we are six wins from making the finals," Hasler told reporters.

"The players want to work really hard for the fans - who (the season) has been pretty tough for."

Hasler admitted the board was unhappy with the Bulldogs' results in 2017 but was hoping the situation would improve in the last six rounds.

"(Results) always going to be raised (by the board) but we'll try to make the most of (the season) now," he said.

"You always want to ensure that you are getting the results.

"At the end of the day it's a result-driven business and making finals."

He still thinks we can make the finals! And then he states it's about making finals! Not winning a grandfinal, just making the finals!

Welcome to 2 more years at least of mediocrity!

Status
Not open for further replies.