Opinion Would be a good idea to have some sort of Pacific Cup Tournament at the end of each year?

Would it be a good idea to have some sort of Pacific Cup Tournament at the end of each year?

• Yes

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • No

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters

BulldogsNRL

Kennel Established
Reaction score
would it cause it could be like a round robin were

Samoa
Tonga
Fiji
NZ
PNG
And any other pacific nations compete for a trophy at the end of each year were they do the same thing at each game like in rep round

This would allow players to be able to represent their country and for the fans to get behind them and most importantly

The refs put their whistles away and let the players go at each other for 80 minutes

BulldogsNRL

Kennel Established
Reaction score
And maybe at the end the winner gets a shot to play like Australia

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah I enjoy the Pacific Island games... they play with heart because it's their countries pride at stake.

BulldogsNRL

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I would like to see it cause the fans love it and most importantly we can watch the players bash each other for 80 mins

BulldogsNRL

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I might leave line NZ out cause this was an idea for developing nations and NZ have a big enough basd

BulldogsNRL

Kennel Established
Reaction score
You could if you wanted to I’d give the nations teams in like QLD Cup like PNG have and have this lead into NRL teams to allow them to become stronger as a team and you might find the good players going back to other nations

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
3 stand alone rep weekends in a row mid-season.

3 men’s Origin games, 3 women’s Origin games and have 2 Four Nations tournaments. Division 1 and Division 2.

For the first year Division 1 will be NZ, Tonga, Fiji and NRL All-Stars (anyone not involved in Origin or any other nation in tournament).

Division 2 will be PNG, Samoa, Cook Islands and Lebanon.

Team that comes last in Division 1 gets relegated the next season. Division 2 winner gets promoted the next season.

Means a total of 6 games per weekend.

Friday has 1 game from Division 1. Saturday has 1 game from Division 1 and both Division 2 games. Sunday 4pm shows the Women’s Origin game with the Men’s Origin game at 8pm.

Full schedule of games for Fox and 9 to show with all the best players playing.

SKY-DOG

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think the NRL season is way too long, clubs only winning half of games make the top 8 is a joke.
Reduce the rounds and top 6 qualify for finals, maybe with reduced rounds the games will mean a lot more and put more pressure on sides to win and take every round seriously.

For the reduced rounds the NRL should stop round games during State of Origin series.

For the Pacific cup maybe at the end of season,

Fiji
Tonga
Samoa
PNG
NZ Maori
Australia Indigenous

The big boys Australia, New Zealand, England have a series at the same time.
6 pacific teams all play each other once, if they all play at the same venue it will be good for crowd numbers.

Week One - 3 pacific games then Australia vs NZ for the closing match.
Week Two -3 Pacific games then New Zealand vs England.
Week Three - 3 pacific games then Australia vs England.

Week Four
Finals example Australia vs New Zealand and third place England vs the first place winner of the Pacific comp.

Ewan McGrady

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great idea. That way we could get some more off season injuries!