Would anyone be interested in Bryce Cartwright on contract based on redemption??

Would he be a good pick up??

• yes

Votes: 12 15.2%
  • no

Votes: 67 84.8%

• Total voters

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Im pretty sure I can guess the response to this as most posters on the kennel prefer to whinge and bag players rather then look for potential positives, but let's see how this goes anyway.
I think that given he has been released and presumably paid out, he would be worth a punt for the right price, in order to redeem himself and get his career back on track. The guy definitely has some skill, and potentially some history with Barrett at the Panthers or Manly??? With an attacking game plan, which we all hope that Barrett will bring, he could potentially be a good fit.
I know he has some defensive/attitude issues, but he could be a good pick up on a modest contract.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I still remember commentators consistently talking him up when he was at Penrith, despite the fact he consistently made multiple dumb errors most games and offered very little.

I believed then that he was massively overrated, and everything that's happened since then has only confirmed this to be true.

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hell no.
Asiata /hethrington / jensen or teripo -prop
Leutele for centre
Clifford 6 or sailor for 6 or 1
Hooker is going to be our issue

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bulldogs are happy to flick Foran who probably provided our most try assists this year (no figures so it’s just a guess).

based on that, it’s a big NO for Cartwright or Bird for mine.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
He is a cat, we are dogs. No fit.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Absolutely not. Plus we just signed Waddell who also plays second row.

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
To me, he looks like he is the type of player that causes issues at clubs...

So, its a NO from me.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Hell nah... Already stocked in back row, rumour of Doorey being courted elsewhere by Nasheed (as he's off contract i believe it). Sign this flog and say goodbye to Topine imo

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im pretty sure I can guess the response to this as most posters on the kennel prefer to whinge and bag players rather then look for potential positives, but let's see how this goes anyway.
I think that given he has been released and presumably paid out, he would be worth a punt for the right price, in order to redeem himself and get his career back on track. The guy definitely has some skill, and potentially some history with Barrett at the Panthers or Manly??? With an attacking game plan, which we all hope that Barrett will bring, he could potentially be a good fit.
I know he has some defensive/attitude issues, but he could be a good pick up on a modest contract.
If we can get him for reasonable money$400k,would b a handy pick,he can play in the forwards,has played a lot of footy in the halves,and able to cover a number of positions

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I still remember commentators consistently talking him up when he was at Penrith, despite the fact he consistently made multiple dumb errors most games and offered very little.

I believed then that he was massively overrated, and everything that's happened since then has only confirmed this to be true.

Commentators have a tendency to talk up players in most sports. It annoys me when cricket commentators talk up a guy like Glenn Maxwell who can win or lose you a game on any given day. Same with Bryce Cartwright. I think we have enough back rowers so Cartwright is a big no for me.