Would anyone be interested in Bryce Cartwright on contract based on redemption??

Would he be a good pick up??

• yes

Votes: 12 15.2%
  • no

Votes: 67 84.8%

• Total voters

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Hell no.
Asiata /hethrington / jensen or teripo -prop
Leutele for centre
Clifford 6 or sailor for 6 or 1
Hooker is going to be our issue
If those were the signings we're going to make then next year is going to be our issue.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Based on what we do have, carty shits all over our forwards which makes our outlook even more depressing.
On his day, Carty can be a freak but way too inconsistent

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No. The way he plays you can tell he's not interested in playing.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Commentators have a tendency to talk up players in most sports. It annoys me when cricket commentators talk up a guy like Glenn Maxwell who can win or lose you a game on any given day. Same with Bryce Cartwright. I think we have enough back rowers so Cartwright is a big no for me.
The Big Show should be talked up after winning the deciding one dayer overnight :grinning:

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we can get him for reasonable money$400k,would b a handy pick,he can play in the forwards,has played a lot of footy in the halves,and able to cover a number of positions
He can't tackle

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If we can get him for reasonable money$400k,would b a handy pick,he can play in the forwards,has played a lot of footy in the halves,and able to cover a number of positions
I was thinking more along the lines of $250-300k. I dont think he will have too many options, hence the low figure.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Commentators have a tendency to talk up players in most sports. It annoys me when cricket commentators talk up a guy like Glenn Maxwell who can win or lose you a game on any given day. Same with Bryce Cartwright. I think we have enough back rowers so Cartwright is a big no for me.
I bet you’re a big fan of Chris Lynn too!

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Wouldn't pick him if he was free.

We need that 30 man roster place.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hell nah... Already stocked in back row, rumour of Doorey being courted elsewhere by Nasheed (as he's off contract i believe it). Sign this flog and say goodbye to Topine imo
Now your a Nasheed believer?? Hahahaha

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Im pretty sure I can guess the response to this as most posters on the kennel prefer to whinge and bag players rather then look for potential positives, but let's see how this goes anyway.
I think that given he has been released and presumably paid out, he would be worth a punt for the right price, in order to redeem himself and get his career back on track. The guy definitely has some skill, and potentially some history with Barrett at the Panthers or Manly??? With an attacking game plan, which we all hope that Barrett will bring, he could potentially be a good fit.
I know he has some defensive/attitude issues, but he could be a good pick up on a modest contract.
Nasheed here, why would he have been paid out? At least beyond this years salary which may have been a gesture. He quit.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nasheed here, why would he have been paid out? At least beyond this years salary which may have been a gesture. He quit.
The story I read states he was released. Hence paid out. It didnt suggest it was by his request.

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’d say yes if cheap enough. The guy had huge potential...but never really got there.

Maybe Barrett could get the best out of him for a season or 2.

HAve to be a performance based contract