News Worth a crack? Albert Hopoate Axed

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It’s a pass for me too. 2 knee recons if that’s true doesn’t fill me with confidence.

Rockdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If he comes for nothing and try’s to impress for a year in regies and gets through a season injury free, he could earn a contract for 22.

SLushY

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yeah ever since I versed him I rated him, honestly can be something special with the right coaching. I'd get him especially if he's cheap.

MitchNewton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can't see why we shouldn't get him here to train / trial over the pre-season with a view to maybe getting a development spot or reserve grade contract.
Don’t think he’s looking for that type of contract especially when he’ll have no issue finding a new club in the full time squad

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
There's not much risk to a signing like this. He'd probably cost 75k or less as a Reserve Grader and has some serious upside based on his juniors form before his injuries.

Best case he stays healthy and improves, worst case he doesn't improve, doesn't look up to the NRL or he gets injured and released. Either way it's a low risk move.

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd sign him, he does have potential and he's better than a fair few back we've have and had. He's young as well and he's a hopa could turn into a star with the right coaching!

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
There's not much risk to a signing like this. He'd probably cost 75k or less as a Reserve Grader and has some serious upside based on his juniors form before his injuries.

Best case he stays healthy and improves, worst case he doesn't improve, doesn't look up to the NRL or he gets injured and released. Either way it's a low risk move.
It's a stupid move cause he wants to do his mission which starts in 22 if things go to plan (Pandemic and all). That means for 2 years he isn't playing footy and no guarantee he goes to us afterwards or comes back the same player. You want someone who is either ready for first grade which he isn't, or we can develop which we won't have him long enough to do. I'm sure he will get a contract, but not as a first teamer, just a depth signing somewhere.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Ill take anyone over meaney for the 1 jersey at this point, my mother would be more effective breaking tackles
2020 Season Meaney = 66 tackle breaks.

Go Dogs

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It's a stupid move cause he wants to do his mission which starts in 22 if things go to plan (Pandemic and all). That means for 2 years he isn't playing footy and no guarantee he goes to us afterwards or comes back the same player. You want someone who is either ready for first grade which he isn't, or we can develop which we won't have him long enough to do. I'm sure he will get a contract, but not as a first teamer, just a depth signing somewhere.
I didn't realise he hadn't done his mission yet. That changes things.

Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

Try $350k pa is what the dogs have supposedly offered Hopoate

Manly's offer was $250k and they wouldn't budge

Big John doing the negotiating

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Try $350k pa is what the dogs have supposedly offered Hopoate

Manly's offer was $250k and they wouldn't budge

Big John doing the negotiating
$350k wtf ... idc how good analysts think this kid will be, that's ridiculous $$$

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
What depth do we have in the backline with Holland and Montoya gone from the club and Reimis now gone as well. It couldn't do any harm signing him as long as the dollars are sensible.

Take it with a grain of salt but someone with info on Manly told me he didn't want to do a mission any time soon (but that was mid year, things could have changed).