News Worth a crack? Albert Hopoate Axed

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He was a star coming through juniors apparently. Can play fullback. Would come cheap too. If we're parting ways with his bro Will soon though it might make it difficult and I presume he has the same manager.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He looked out of his depth in NRL and has had two knee reconstructions but he does have the fact Des and Crusher have cut him loose working in his favour and we all know how that normally turns out.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
All depends on why he got cut... If the circumstances are all good it's only logical to grab him to replace a slot in The backline on a yearly contract.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
He looked out of his depth in NRL and has had two knee reconstructions but he does have the fact Des and Crusher have cut him loose working in his favour and we all know how that normally turns out.
In most games he looked slow and ordinary but he did dominate Nick Meaney when they played the dogs - Meaney was dropped after that game i think

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He does have potential, so we need him? No..!!

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good If Cheap!!!
Not sure if possible, but would be ideal on a development contract although I'm sure there will be some other interest in him - Tigers need a fullback although they just got Laurie from Panthers, Sharks might have a dig, Broncos still haven't settled on a 1.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If he is keen to come on a one year min contract, yes absolutely, get him in, lets see what he can do. Hopefully Cup gets a full season next year.

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
To be honest I only want him at Canterbury if he has some speed about him. How is he in that department anyway?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Did A. Hopoate get axed/cut? I'm pretty sure he was off contract and he got little to no game time, doesn't make their 17, and his preferred position is fullback where he's behind Tommy Turbo (wasn't even played there over Garrick and Funa). I feel like A. Hopoate didn't want to re-sign at Manly anyways. I'm pretty sure his dad made it pretty clear he and his son weren't happy there.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Does he play on Sundays?

Has he done his mission yet?
He hasn't done his mission, and wants to. Which means at best you develop him for one year, and hope he comes back in good fitness afterwards. I'm not sure that Will ever came back as the same player. He seemed to lose a lot of speed in that time out of the game while doing his mission.

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We've already got too many churchies and they all seem to lack aggression. Like others have said he is keen to do the 2 year mission like Will, plus he seems fairly injury prone already. Pass.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
He hasn't done his mission, and wants to. Which means at best you develop him for one year, and hope he comes back in good fitness afterwards. I'm not sure that Will ever came back as the same player. He seemed to lose a lot of speed in that time out of the game while doing his mission.
Well I'd pass on just that fact alone.

Rockdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He got cut cause he tried to finger Des’s asshole.