Worst start in 47 years bulldogs under fire after horror start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I have realised we are too worried about scoring every set rather than setting up a platform to score

Over reliance on Foran to do everything, makes our attack easy to read

Our bench is piss fucking week

Bench rotation is even worse, eg taking Lichaa off at 60min mark to put JMK on who doesnt do anything different.

Frawley needs to go, we need a 5/8 who will run to the line, take pressure off Foran.

As good as Morris boys, Hoppa are, they are no match for the likes of Latrell, Manu, munster, chambers, fergo, ado carr, vunivalu, tedesco. And thats just our first 2 opponents. We need youth speed and aggression.

Pay needs to bite the bullet and give youngsters a chance to see what they have to offer for the future. We seriously wont win premiership this year, yes we might make semis etc, but we need to build for future. But at same time we have fuck all replacements in the backs available.

This is Des' fucking shit legacy of a team, so im giving Pay some slack this year. But he seriously needs to fire a rocket up the teams ass. Otherwise we could be 0-11 with all the top teams we arw playing

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
I still don't understand his logic. Our bench lacked punch against the Storm and we needed better go forward while our starting 13 matched up well and gave us the room to play. Pay then...

1. Weakens the starting 13 with the relegation of Fualalo and promotion of Elliot.
2. Replaces a middle forward with an edge forward.
3. Only plays using 2 forwards off the bench all night.
4. Rotations are completely all over the place and make no real sense.

It's an absolute mess. No way would you see Bellamy relegating players from his 13 and promoting players off the bench that didn't perform in an attempt to strengthen his bench. Tolman and Elliott simply have to be dumped, no point in trying to fit them into the side.

It's time to promote the likes of Tualau, Ogden, To'omaga, etc. They're forwards with physical presence, leg drive and pace. Tualau at the very least should have atleast been in the side round 1, no idea what he has done wrong. Played well off the bench last year, performed well in the trials yet he can't even make the 21 lol. Just give them the chance to develop so we're in a better positon moving forward.
All correct but the issue starts with our front row not delivering from kick off. Klemmer and woods aren't laying the platform.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Worst bench selection and use of bench i have ever seen by a coach..

Frawley needs to go ASAP end of story. Actually there are so many issues with this

get rid of pedestrian Holman and start planning to clean out and recruit a decent halves partner for for an and some mongrel mobile forwards and some fast outside backs....pay doesnt have the cattle....but he needs to get his bench right

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He is shit and doesnt offer anything at all to the team. His position takes away an opportunity for someone else to get their chance like Tualau and Toomaga etc etc
Tualau and To'omaga are props. Elliot is a lock / Backrower.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
still way too early in the season and Pay's tenure as coach to make any pronouncements as to the quality of the team and his abilities

but these two opening games have been very disheartening even taking into account the quality of the opposition

soft and stupid

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd honestly move Jackson to lock, he has always been more suited there and he looks to be struggling on the edge this season since he's bulked up. He has also never been the that good at running lines outwide, time to give Fine or Martin a chance on the edge.

8. Woods
9. Lichaa
10. Klemmer
11. Fine/Martin
12. RFM
13. Jackson

14. Fualalo
15. Tualau
16. To'omaga/Ogden
17. JMK/To'omaga/Ogden

Tolman not required, can play reserve grade and bulk up if he wants a crack again, same as Elliott. I can't stand their hitups, constantly dominated at contact. Need to give these other guys a crack, they're stronger, faster, have some leg drive, etc. Hopefullt they aim up today.
Id like Jackson to move to lock also. But not this year because we dont have an edge backrower to take his spot. Next year im all for moving Jackson to lock if we buy 1 of either Lowe Papali or Kausfai.

For this year id just keep the starting pack the same as rd1 and just add 2 big middles to the bench.

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We were 0-2 at same stage last year against the same sides. The storm game we were pretty even with them and had the lapses in defence that cost that game. Last night roosters first try came from a lucky bounce and was a 100m runaway try. We were given a howler of a decision from the video ref that most are saying was the wrong call. Another roosters try came from 2 forward passes in the movement. Our forward we’re very down last night (not one running for 100m)We also had a short turnaround between Perth and last night
Don’t get me wrong the defence needs to definitely improve but give it time

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We were 0-2 at same stage last year against the same sides. The storm game we were pretty even with them and had the lapses in defence that cost that game. Last night roosters first try came from a lucky bounce and was a 100m runaway try. We were given a howler of a decision from the video ref that most are saying was the wrong call. Another roosters try came from 2 forward passes in the movement. Our forward we’re very down last night (not one running for 100m)We also had a short turnaround between Perth and last night
There is defenniately plenty of positive around, especially for a rookie and team playing against two teams who will surely be vying for the premiership. The key thing is here is we learn and excel. In Steve Folkes first yr we were 1-5 and after a inconsistent yr we finally hit our straps in rnd 21 to somehow make the GF. I'm not saying we will make the GF but it shows how things can suddenly turn around for squads one they gel.

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pay needs to bite the bullet and give youngsters a chance to see what they have to offer for the future. We seriously wont win premiership this year, yes we might make semis etc, but we need to build for future. But at same time we have fuck all replacements in the backs available.
Make the semi's?
Not being antagonising but I just wanna know what 8 teams we're better than?
Bout to watch Souths game so they may be as bad as us or might improve from last week but I think we're easily the worse team of the two weeks so far. This is just my un-biased opinion. I've watched every game so far and we definitely have the least amount of strike power.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Cmon guys we won the coin toss and I'm sure they'll all get a participation trophy in september/october

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Tualau and To'omaga are props. Elliot is a lock / Backrower.
Exactly. You nailed it on the head. Elliot is taking the spot of a prop who should be in there instead of him. Tolman doesnt cut the mustard, and the 2 i mentioned are perfect players to continue the pressure

Dog Till I Die

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
bulldogs need a total makeover from the horrible kia sign to the out of date fossils in the team, stale
That's what happens when a cheap n cheery car maker sponsors you.
If they're not laughing at Tolman running at them, then it's the KIA emblem.
The fuck were Marketing thinking. Get a real car to sponsor you!

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have realised we are too worried about scoring every set rather than setting up a platform to score

Over reliance on Foran to do everything, makes our attack easy to read

Our bench is piss fucking week

Bench rotation is even worse, eg taking Lichaa off at 60min mark to put JMK on who doesnt do anything different.

Frawley needs to go, we need a 5/8 who will run to the line, take pressure off Foran.

As good as Morris boys, Hoppa are, they are no match for the likes of Latrell, Manu, munster, chambers, fergo, ado carr, vunivalu, tedesco. And thats just our first 2 opponents. We need youth speed and aggression.

This is Des' fucking shit legacy of a team, so im giving Pay some slack this year. But he seriously needs to fire a rocket up the teams ass. Otherwise we could be 0-11 with all the top teams we arw playing
Talking about Foran, how slow is he? He has lost his pace. Did you see when he tried to chase down Keary? He can't even stride out any more and has no running game. For a million dollar halfback who can't run and doesn't have a long kicking game that's just a waste of money. That's why we need a five eighth to compliment him with a a running game. Need to give Cleeland a go!

silva

Utility
Reaction score
We performed a lot better last year against those teams while we got towelled up this yr. Considering we finished 11th last yr...things not looking good. We are the worst team in the comp atm.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Well at least ISM Bulldogs won me some money

Olive is fast ...we lack speed in first grade

Also the number 15 was impressive

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This tough start might be what we need though. Time to freshen up the team and make changes that would never have happened under Hasler

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
what happens if the tigers start 2-0 against our same opponents ffs

Status
Not open for further replies.