Worst/Least Favourite Holiday Destination

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
What's the worst holiday/destination you've ever had?

Mine has to be San Francisco without a doubt. Been once in 2008 and hated it. I liked Alcatraz but between the streets literally lined with homeless people and/or junkies and the shit weather, I'd never go back. LA is also shit. Nothing there. Anaheim was good, though.

Yours?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
LA is fucking rubbish. Redfern with some palm trees.

Can't believe Texas and California are in the same country.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
What's the worst holiday/destination you've ever had?

Mine has to be San Francisco without a doubt. Been once in 2008 and hated it. I liked Alcatraz but between the streets literally lined with homeless people and/or junkies and the shit weather, I'd never go back. LA is also shit. Nothing there. Anaheim was good, though.

Yours?
It's full of what?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I haven't really travelled much outside of Australia, but still.

BEST (overseas): Fiji (Tokoriki and Yasawa-i-rara)
WORST (overseas): None as I've never really beel outside of Aus/Fiji.

BEST (local): Port Douglas / Dorrigo-Bellingen / Casuarina
WORST (local): Overnight stopovers in Taree, Gladstone, Mackay were pretty shit. Longer than overnight though Surfers Paradise would have to be up there.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good thread.

Blue mountains is terrible. Nothing to see there, terrible hotels, bad food.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Best: Barcelona. Freaking loved it. It's such a vibrant city that's active 24/7 (yes even La Ramblas as 2:00am). Visiting Camp Nou added to the experience as well as the other areas including shops at Catalonia Square, Port Vell, La Sagrada Familia, and St. Josephs Marketplace... not to mention authentic Paella.

Lebanon also, freaking awesome. There's to much to do in that country despite how small it is. Despite what you see on the news, it's what you don't see that makes it so special. Come night fall, enter sin city. They know how to party over there. 6:00am and the sun starts to rise... the clubs are still pumping. There's just not stopping them from having fun. Don't get me starts on the food... eat until you pop.

Worst: Italy. No doubt. Italy. Freaking hated it. Sorry to my brother @south of heaven and any other Italians on here, but I couldn't stand how hot it was. Dry heat, nothing else. It's worse when you're stuck in Venice and can't get back to your hotel and the rest of civilisation because you're on a freaking water city. Florence... nothing in that city except leather and art... and I have a 0% care factor for either. Rome and Vatican City were good as they have history to them, but... I freaking don't get what the fascination is with Florence and Venice.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Definitely LA. Completely rubbish city. After I complained everyone said, "but you have to check out the beaches". So I checked out the beaches. Sydney has better beaches. San Fran was pretty crap too.

Fiji is another one. Probably went at the wrong time of year but everything was dead and all we got in the streets was Indians either trying to sell us junk or they'd just hiss at us. Dead serious. The Indians would literally stop, look at you and hiss. The resort was great though.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I stopped in shepparton one night, fucken hole in the ground. I’ve never felt more unsafe. The whole town was like a rehab facility.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Good thread. Blue mountains is terrible. Nothing to see there, terrible hotels, bad food.
Depends where abouts you go and what you want to do.

There's some stunning scenery and bushwalks around the area, plus upper mountains and beyond are Jenolan Caves, etc.

But if you don't like bushwalking (or having to trek to get to some stunning sites), it can be one of those "been there, done that" places.

Fiji is another one. Probably went at the wrong time of year but everything was dead and all we got in the streets was Indians either trying to sell us junk or they'd just hiss at us. Dead serious. The Indians would literally stop, look at you and hiss. The resort was great though.
Did you end up in/anywhere near Suva? If you cruise ship tri to Fiji, that's often where you end up.

Suva would be like the equivalent of going for a nice holiday to Mt Druitt ... pretty junky.

Nadi can be a little like that as well (like holidaying in Parramatta), but it's the outer islands (Mamanucas, Yasawas, etc) where Fiji truly shines.

Denarau Island is like Surfers (manmade island with resorts everywhere) but nothing special.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Good thread.

Blue mountains is terrible. Nothing to see there, terrible hotels, bad food.
Been to Eagleview, not bad if you want peace, but fkn boring in between sessions lol

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Depends where abouts you go and what you want to do.

There's some stunning scenery and bushwalks around the area, plus upper mountains and beyond are Jenolan Caves, etc.

But if you don't like bushwalking (or having to trek to get to some stunning sites), it can be one of those "been there, done that" places.

Did you end up in/anywhere near Suva? If you cruise ship tri to Fiji, that's often where you end up.

Suva would be like the equivalent of going for a nice holiday to Mt Druitt ... pretty junky.

Nadi can be a little like that as well (like holidaying in Parramatta), but it's the outer islands (Mamanucas, Yasawas, etc) where Fiji truly shines.

Denarau Island is like Surfers (manmade island with resorts everywhere) but nothing special.
Yep. Ended up hanging around Suva and stuff. Probably should have hit the islands.

Mr Shhh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I once spent a night in a phone booth near Blacktown RSL after 14 schooners. That was kinda nice.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Collinsville , QLD

every one is related to each other in that town and i shit you not , all the locals look similar for obvious reason.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Collinsville , QLD

every one is related to each other in that town and i shit you not , all the locals look similar for obvious reason.
That's a bit racist saying they all look alike

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Can't agree with the hate for L.A.. It was the best place I've been to, polite people, nice beaches and universal studio's is the best place in the world!

The worst place I've ever been to is bombay when I was 6.. The stench of cow dung and exhaust fumes throughout the entire city. The sweat dripping off the bell boys . The taxi driver who almost drove us over a cliff.. No offence but it was hell on earth

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
If I said that all the bengali in Parramatta look the same it would come across as racist
no it won't.

Bengalis do look the same, they don't look like arabs, chinese , Africans or anglos.

so yeah they do look the same and its not racist.