WORST Bulldogs team 1996-2020

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
You put a lot of effort on here to try and be funny man.. fucken too much time on your hands
Firstly who's being funny?

Secondly. 'Too much time on your hands'.
Are you the type of guy that goes to Bondi on a packed Sunday afternoon after breakfast at a cafe, following with a nice 2 hour slap session And 8 dolllar pub feed before a bus home?

Of course I have time on my hands atm. We all should. You should too. What a dumb comment.

Check yourself.

A

Alexander the Great

The world is falling apart and lockdowns about to happen. We all going to have plenty of time haha

Offensive considering we are in isolation

You put a lot of effort on here to try and be funny man.. fucken too much time on your hands

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Some additions ..
Kane Cleal
Charlie Leaeno
Brad Morrin
Aaron Groom
Yileen Gordon
Always makes
Me laugh what kind of pleb defender from another nrl side let Yileen Gordon make the 20 line breaks he did

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Le temaari n Nick Kouparitsis were pretty average, Dallas Mcilwain,

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
TK is a forum that loves a dumb thread from time to time (some of which are excellent btw), but this one is a contender for most pointlessly dumb of all time. Some of our dumb threads are like a cheese and banana toastie, they look and sound like they might be awful, but once you try them out they are surprisingly good. This thread is like a camel turd on a rice cake, it looks awful, and the more time you spend near it the worse it gets.

1. Why would any fan rip into their own club this way? This only adds to the mounting evidence that you are actually a bucktoothed Souffs fan
2. You name four premiership winning players
3. Ten of the players you named played for their country
4. You made a rule of 50 games, and then broke it repeatedly. Chase, Brenko, and Sue haven't even played 50 club games for us, let alone 50 games for the Bulldogs NRL team.
5. You then went ahead and criticised other people for nominating players with less than 50 games.
6. A number of the players you picked are out of the position they played most for us; Perrett, Hickey, and Perry.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Firstly who's being funny?

Secondly. 'Too much time on your hands'.
Are you the type of guy that goes to Bondi on a packed Sunday afternoon after breakfast at a cafe, following with a nice 2 hour slap session And 8 dolllar pub feed before a bus home?

Of course I have time on my hands atm. We all should. You should too. What a dumb comment.

Check yourself.

Okay weirdo
Lol

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
I have been getting a lot of messages recently in response to the best team of the last 25 years, naturally asking for a worst team option.
So here it is.
This is my only rule.
They must have been playing at least fifty games for the Bulldogs, this can be started before 1996 but would have to have continued last the 1996 barrier (1995-1997 sting for example).
So you can't have two game nuffbags like the Polish guy who got axed his first touch 10 years back and never was seen again. All players (except Lichaa) would therefore have some degree of NRL skill.

1. Sam Perret
2 Hazem El Masri
3. Chase Stanley
4. Brenko Lee
5. Marcelo Montoya
6. Ben Roberts
7. Moses Mbye
8. Sausauso Sue
9. Michael Lichaa (c)
10. Dean Pay
11. Jarrod Hickey
12. Adam Perry
13. Reni Maitua
COACH: Kevin Moore!
sorry I am struggling to find a bench spot.
Max here.. Dean pay ? Reno Maitua ? Hazem el masri? Fuck you are dumb for even writing that, hazem won us so many games from scrambling defence and a1 goal kicking, watch the game v the knights think it was 2001, Reni Maitua was a beast , and pay from all accounts was a great forward

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
1. Why would any fan rip into their own club this way? This only adds to the mounting evidence that you are actually a bucktoothed Souffs fan
2. You name four premiership winning players
3. Ten of the players you named played for their country
4. A number of the players you picked are out of the position they played most for us; Perrett, Hickey, and Perry.
1. Have you only discovered the Kennel yesterday? 91% of threads are the fans ripping into the team. There's not one player or manager who hasn't been criticised. Just this week I have even seen Jackson, Holland and Reimis criticised heavily.
1.5 I have never hidden I am also a Souths fan. The reason why you mentioned Souths is because I told you all. I like them equally in different ways. I follow Souths in terms of winning, grand final aspirations etc and their heritage and everything else I like the Dogs. More in an empathetic fashion. Two different clubs with two different attractions.
If it makes you feel better, if dogs played Souths in a grand final this year I would support dogs because 2014 was Souths turn and we are due.

2. just because a player won a premiership doesn't mean they are good? Every team, due to salary cap, has a certain combination of marquee players, mid tier players and salary cap fillers. Some teams reduce the mid tier and go harder on the marquee element (risky because of injury) and increase salary fodder at mid tier expense. Others, like Gus Gould Panthers era, like to load up on mid tier. me every club plays it different. Dogs tend to go heavy on the mid and fodder without the marquee element and that's why we lose.
Point is, premierships mean nothing in terms of player talent. Unless you're the marquee, which none of the players in this thread are.
3. Playing for Samoa and countries like this is equal to playing reserve grade. Especially in the nineties and 00s. The wests winger Donovan played for Russia when they were belted by 100. Is he good?
4. Perret played most of his games at Fullback for us. At least half. And I never said you had to pick for position. You pick to win. Perry has good leg drive and isn't as bad as Lichaa so I have moved him to the second row. Hickey was floating between lock, prop and second row.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Dean pay didn't play for us past 1995, according to your own rules he shouldn't even be in your team.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Max here.. Dean pay ? Reno Maitua ? Hazem el masri? Fuck you are dumb for even writing that, hazem won us so many games from scrambling defence and a1 goal kicking, watch the game v the knights think it was 2001, Reni Maitua was a beast , and pay from all accounts was a great forward
Dean Pay- everyone told me he was shit. I had him in my best of team but my liquid mind listeners to the criticism. We suroeinglg don't have many players who played 50 or more games is it's a fine line.

reni Maitua- wasn't that good. Just a utility stitch up where we are short job. He only played so many games because he played for free almost. He was min wage and that was great with a superstar team. Salary cap restraints and good players and all that. Doesn't mean he was that good.

Hazem- already proven he was rubbish. Hopeless. YES HE COULD KICK GOALS. He was also slow, small and couldn't strike. Look up the maths. He's myth.
Put it this way,
If he couldn't kick, and wasn't Muslim Lebanese, he would not be eligible for this team by the rules as he would likely not have played 50 games. Would have had a Scott Minto career. He was saved by Halligan, who pulled him out of reserve grade (he was falling) and taught him how to kick.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Fuck me cmon. One year off.
A nightclub with a 100 person restriction will still let 105 in.

Even a policeman catching someone doing 54 in a 50 zone isn't going to book him.

don't be so anal. We are in a crisis and you're trying to look for small errors and technicalities? Get a grip you toilet duck.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dean Pay- everyone told me he was shit. I had him in my best of team but my liquid mind listeners to the criticism. We suroeinglg don't have many players who played 50 or more games is it's a fine line.

reni Maitua- wasn't that good. Just a utility stitch up where we are short job. He only played so many games because he played for free almost. He was min wage and that was great with a superstar team. Salary cap restraints and good players and all that. Doesn't mean he was that good.

Hazem- already proven he was rubbish. Hopeless. YES HE COULD KICK GOALS. He was also slow, small and couldn't strike. Look up the maths. He's myth.
Put it this way,
If he couldn't kick, and wasn't Muslim Lebanese, he would not be eligible for this team by the rules as he would likely not have played 50 games. Would have had a Scott Minto career. He was saved by Halligan, who pulled him out of reserve grade (he was falling) and taught him how to kick.
Haha fuck me dead I gurantee you don’t know shit, you know all 3 played for NSW? hazem scored in 2004 grand final, and known for his reads , the game he debuted for nsw he scored all their points im pretty sure, Reni Matua was a legend for us, he linked up witn our backs so good, instrumental in the year we won .. dean pay was a beast, Phil Gould spoke about him in great praise, mate don’t disrespect bulldogs legends

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Have you only discovered the Kennel yesterday? 91% of threads are the fans ripping into the team. There's not one player or manager who hasn't been criticised. Just this week I have even seen Jackson, Holland and Reimis criticised heavily.
1.5 I have never hidden I am also a Souths fan. The reason why you mentioned Souths is because I told you all. I like them equally in different ways. I follow Souths in terms of winning, grand final aspirations etc and their heritage and everything else I like the Dogs. More in an empathetic fashion. Two different clubs with two different attractions.
If it makes you feel better, if dogs played Souths in a grand final this year I would support dogs because 2014 was Souths turn and we are due.

2. just because a player won a premiership doesn't mean they are good? Every team, due to salary cap, has a certain combination of marquee players, mid tier players and salary cap fillers. Some teams reduce the mid tier and go harder on the marquee element (risky because of injury) and increase salary fodder at mid tier expense. Others, like Gus Gould Panthers era, like to load up on mid tier. me every club plays it different. Dogs tend to go heavy on the mid and fodder without the marquee element and that's why we lose.
Point is, premierships mean nothing in terms of player talent. Unless you're the marquee, which none of the players in this thread are.
3. Playing for Samoa and countries like this is equal to playing reserve grade. Especially in the nineties and 00s. The wests winger Donovan played for Russia when they were belted by 100. Is he good?
4. Perret played most of his games at Fullback for us. At least half. And I never said you had to pick for position. You pick to win. Perry has good leg drive and isn't as bad as Lichaa so I have moved him to the second row. Hickey was floating between lock, prop and second row.
nagweed is a flog and knows fuck all about our team

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Haha fuck me dead I gurantee you don’t know shit, you know all 3 played for NSW? hazem scored in 2004 grand final, and known for his reads , the game he debuted for nsw he scored all their points im pretty sure, Reni Matua was a legend for us, he linked up witn our backs so good, instrumental in the year we won .. dean pay was a beast, Phil Gould spoke about him in great praise, mate don’t disrespect bulldogs legends
dont tell me what I do and don't know! I'm one of the biggest bulldogs fans you Will have the pleasure to know.
I think you are forgetting the golden rule of the thread.
There's a fifty game minimum.
So of course, Lichaa aside, you are going to get players in the team that aren't that bad. It's why players like Perry are there and not Fred Briggs.

the bulldogs have been loyal to their players in general so the sample size is very small.

yes El Masri has some good reads. Sometimes he had too go for the intercept because players like tanielea Tuaki would have been too much for him. And he got the intercept often. Full Credit to him.

Now see my side of the argument.
When he took those intercepts on the 10 m line. He got pulled down on the halfway line. No other winger for us except for Goodwin and old 29+ Halligan would NOT have scored that try with clear space, from the wing position.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hahahahahahaha toilet duck. Haven't heard that one before. Can I use it?
Fuck me cmon. One year off.
A nightclub with a 100 person restriction will still let 105 in.

Even a policeman catching someone doing 54 in a 50 zone isn't going to book him.

don't be so anal. We are in a crisis and you're trying to look for small errors and technicalities? Get a grip you toilet duck.