Worrying signs

Status
Not open for further replies.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok now I’m probably feeling what everyone is atm and that is anger, confused and worried. Round 2 and not only have we conceded 66 points in 2 games but we have looked so bad in defence it’s a major worry...

I’ve never in my life as a dogs supporter seen so many long range tries in 2 games against us. It’s Fuken round 2 and players should be fresh not completely gased.

So people blaming frawley bla bla bla but people need to realise the kid is on bloody peanuts compared to our saviour foran. The guy has done nothing but short ball to a running defender and that’s it. His kicks land flush into someone else’s hands and his defence is a big worry. The drop ball at a crucial part of the game done it for me.

Our coach needs to wake the fuck up and realise that you can talk the talk but if you can’t walk the walk then get the hell out of here. He mentioned we will be competitive and we will bring back some of the dog of war. Hahahah yea right

Am I missing something or do we look to be the worst defence team in the comp and besides a few nice plays last week we look just as lost and bad in attack this week as last year. Sorry guys if I’m just talking crap but signs are bloody worrying and if things don’t change fast we will be wooden spooners this year.

So after round 2 if Bells are ringing then we have a long bloody season ahead of us.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The defence clearly has issues

We couldnt score a point with them down to 12 men and them losing Tupou and replacing him with a backrower

Our attack has issues also

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So basically everything is a problem lol .... some of my doggies supporters are like wait they need time... time for what? They can’t even get the simple things done right... and I forgot to add if it wasn’t for roosters sloppy ball handling at certain times it could have been a bloody 50+ hiding..

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
The defence clearly has issues

We couldnt score a point with them down to 12 men and them losing Tupou and replacing him with a backrower

Our attack has issues also
I agree with what you say, but when roosters did have 12 on the field we did score but was denied and there was a lot of time waisted through penalties and Cronk having a laugh with the ref.

terrylamb4lyfe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The worrying sign to me is how unintelligent our fanbase is to be honest.

I know, its just post game disappointment, but noone on this earth had us penned in as 2 and 0 after seeing our draw and the millions of other factors coming into 2018.

But lets just keep raging about bringing in clelland or whatever other desperate and retarded idea that would set us back even further comes up.

shaun5150

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Ok now I’m probably feeling what everyone is atm and that is anger, confused and worried. Round 2 and not only have we conceded 66 points in 2 games but we have looked so bad in defence it’s a major worry...

I’ve never in my life as a dogs supporter seen so many long range tries in 2 games against us. It’s Fuken round 2 and players should be fresh not completely gased.

So people blaming frawley bla bla bla but people need to realise the kid is on bloody peanuts compared to our saviour foran. The guy has done nothing but short ball to a running defender and that’s it. His kicks land flush into someone else’s hands and his defence is a big worry. The drop ball at a crucial part of the game done it for me.

Our coach needs to wake the fuck up and realise that you can talk the talk but if you can’t walk the walk then get the hell out of here. He mentioned we will be competitive and we will bring back some of the dog of war. Hahahah yea right

Am I missing something or do we look to be the worst defence team in the comp and besides a few nice plays last week we look just as lost and bad in attack this week as last year. Sorry guys if I’m just talking crap but signs are bloody worrying and if things don’t change fast we will be wooden spooners this year.

So after round 2 if Bells are ringing then we have a long bloody season ahead of us.

Dead on mate. We are in the shit. Dean must just think it will happen. David Penna was a shit player and is a shit coach.
Dead man walking here. Dead man walking here

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

I think you are writing us off after 2 games, which is as foolish as stating a team a certainty for the trophy after 2 games.
Yes we were shit today, and its hard to find positives, but it is only round 2 and we have a lot of positional changes in our squad.
We are not done for the season after 2 games against the two best teams in the comp, but we have a shit load of work to do if we want to be competitive this year.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We are in big trouble this year. Pay is a rookie first grade coach who doesn't have the experience to turn a bad run of form around. If confidence goes to rock bottom we could have a crisis once again.

Fruitty Pebbles

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I know, its just post game disappointment, but noone on this earth had us penned in as 2 and 0 after seeing our draw and the millions of other factors coming into 2018.

But lets just keep raging about bringing in clelland or whatever other desperate and retarded idea that would set us back even further comes up.
lol

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Haha totally agree. I know we have been shit, but people are vlaming the wrong people and definitely expecting too much.
Writing us off for the season after two games when we have probably had the biggest upheaval in our clubs history during the off season, is simply rediculous.
As you said, if we are being completely honest, no one expected us to win these games. I hoped, but i didnt expect it.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Dead on mate. We are in the shit. Dean must just think it will happen. David Penna was a shit player and is a shit coach.
Dead man walking here. Dead man walking here
I never understood the idea of Penna being on staff. Was hoping Pay would move him on.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Please I never said we should win... the way we are losing is not good. It’s not like we ain’t trying, we are and that’s the worrying thing. We ain’t losing by a try or 2 points. After the years we have had you should understand all we want as supporters is to be competitive and if we lose so be it but don’t tell me there was anything at all in that game that made you think oh wow we have potential to be a threat in a game this season let alone a threat for the premiership.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Our defence is Raiders like, thank Pay.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think you are writing us off after 2 games, which is as foolish as stating a team a certainty for the trophy after 2 games.
Yes we were shit today, and its hard to find positives, but it is only round 2 and we have a lot of positional changes in our squad.
We are not done for the season after 2 games against the two best teams in the comp, but we have a shit load of work to do if we want to be competitive this year.
No I’m not writing us off I’m saying signs do not look good and if something doesn’t change then yes this season will be a very long one.

66 points in 2 games and our attack today was so bloody bad. It’s becoming beyond frustrating. There are many aspects to the reason why someone can say we lose. But to lose by 30 or more points in 2 games does not show me we are competitive and does not show me we are dogs of war. I hope to god we turn things around and smash some teams but the writing is on the wall for everyone to see. We just don’t have the cattle and by the looks of it the coach has a funny way of doing things like interchange rotation and not using a fresh player on the bench

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
11 tries in 2 games FMD.. and I thought we were on the way up in 2018..
Well yeh ON THE WAY up, not beating top 4 teams in our first 2 weeks though. Remember Storm and Roosters finished first and second last year. We just arent up to that level yet. Not unexpected. It will PAY to be patient with our horror draw early on this season.

jon50n

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tolman again was just using up cap space and our 2 rep. forwards did not play like rep. players if we do not have go forward from them then our backs will find it hard to push forward! Mybe was good from the back but needs to work on his defence, same goes for Frawley some good plays but again defence BUT then again the whole side needs to work on DEFENCE!!! We had 2 or 3 trys today from our own half and again last week THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE! Pay said he wanted to bring back the DOGS of WAR and hurt the opposition but all I can see are the dogs of come in my kennel and score a fricken TRY because we cannot defend our line for S...T!!! Come ON Doggies, I know we have played the 2 heavy weights BUT at least show some heart and DEFEND!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.