World team, featuring two bulldogs and 4 englishmen announced (merged thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MrCharisma

Four Great Britain players have been included in the Rugby League World magazine's team of the year.

Brian Carney, Keith Senior, Stuart Fielden and Andy Farrell were named in the fantasy team, selected by journalists from both hemispheres.

Lions captain Farrell comes into the team after already winning the world player of the year award.

Australian skipper Darren Lockyer was the only unanimous choice in the team at stand-off.

The world team was dominated by members of Australia's Tri-Nations-winning squad.

New Zealand's sole representative is forward Sonny Bill Williams.
World XIII

A Minichiello (Australia), B Carney (Great Britain), K Senior (Great Britain), W Tonga (Australia), L Rooney (Australia), D Lockyer (Australia), B Kimmorley (Australia), S Webcke (Australia), D Buderus (Australia), S Fielden (Great Britain), A Farrell (Great Britain), N Hindmarsh (Australia), S B Williams (New Zealand).

Last edited by a moderator:

Christabella

Reaction score
WTG Willie and Sonny, the wraps just keep coming for both of them :grinning:
Had you told either at the start of 2004 that they would be the best centre or lock in the world by the end and they would have thought you were insane.

M

MrCharisma

Yah kinda crazy... I expected Tonga to sit in P.L this season

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
MrCharisma said:
Brian Carney, Keith Senior, Stuart Fielden and Andy Farrell were named in the fantasy team, selected by journalists from both hemispheres.

Come on man what the F*** do British and Australian Journo's know about Rugby League??????

they are just going off what they heard from the ppl in the ESL that over rate them cause they didnt perform well as a team in the tri nations final!!!

A pommy commentator asked why they wont busting the line as regulary as the ESL?????
I can Answer that question for him!!!!
In the ESL they buy out 100's of Australian and Kiwi PLayers and mix them into their comp e.g Bai,Lautiti,McKenna,Best (back in aus) Mellor the list goes on!!!!

England do have good players but they need our washup's and stuff to help them with linebreaks and offloading and Go forward!!!

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Sorry MrC but im getting sick of the Poms talking up their Players!!!!!!!
they are good but not World best material!!!!
Im not arguing im stating a fact from a game I watched which you went to sleep 20 minutes into!!!!!

There is no way you can rate the Poms in the same league as the Australian's or NRL!!!
But I wont takeaway that they do have some tough and Talented players!!!

M

MrCharisma

How are they talking themselves up, it is clearing stating that they had 4 players out of 13 of the best Tri-Nations players.

And the irony in your responce is that your talking up Aussies. Hypocritical don't you think?

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
No Like I said im getting sick of the Poms Talking their **** up
Cleary they got axed!!!!
Im not looking for a fight im just looking for an end to those dirty filthbags who are scared of water to stop talking there players up who do not compare to our players!!!!
What your going to say Andy Farrell is better than Andy Ryan?????
Andy Farrell is good but the way you carry on about the Poms you may as well forget that you support the Bulldogs cause you favour the Poms the same as those Water Phoebic pom C***s

M

MrCharisma

There is a difference between loyality and blind loyality. I'm big enough of a person to say that Andy Farrell is better then Andy Ryan. The same way Craig Fitzgibbon and Nathan Hindmarsh are better then Andy Ryan.... does that make me a Rooster or Parramatta fan, No...

Give props when props are due!

As for the rest of the side, your telling me that

Sing and Meli are better then Carney?
Petro or Ryles are better then Fielden?
Berrigan or Vagana are better then Senior?

Because if you were, you clearly watched a different Tri-Series then the rest of the world.... perhaps you remembered a game you played on the Rugby League game on the PS2.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Dont get smart with me cause the poms are **** ****

M

MrCharisma

Why can't you admit even some of the Poms were at the same level as the Poms... **** even you came to me the after the Tri-Nations final and told me how great Fieldens tackle was.

That article says 9 out of 13 players were Australian... shouldn't you be happy with that considering Australia's poor series performance.

I don't care if you and everyone else here don't think I'm a Bulldogs fan or a loyal one, but the fact of the matter is that I'm not blind. I support my Bulldogs to the death but I'm not stupid enough to argue our players are better then everyone elses. I can say that Sherwin isn't the best halfback in the game. I know there are people who have a higher work rate then Ryan, I can admit that Karmichael Hunt was the real rookie of the year... but at the end of the day. I still wear my blue and white jersey, I still chant Bulldogs songs and I still call The Kennel home.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Im not Arguing sick of the Poms talking their crap up!!!!
and yes that was me who said Fielden made a great tackle!!!
But Remember I said he was ****ed after that and had nothing left!!!
He used all his energy and stamina to stop Sing from making the scoreline 50-0 instead of what it was!!!!
Yes England have 3 or 4 good Internationals but they have a hell of a lot more work to do than just rely on 4 Internationals who are coming upto their last 2 maybe 3 years of their footy career minus Fielden

*Karlz*

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Reaction score
Christabella said:
WTG Willie and Sonny, the wraps just keep coming for both of them :grinning:
Had you told either at the start of 2004 that they would be the best centre or lock in the world by the end and they would have thought you were insane.
I know, its pretty cool though. Id like to see that tam play ;)

Anastabation

Reaction score
MrCharisma said:
Why can't you admit even some of the Poms were at the same level as the Poms... **** even you came to me the after the Tri-Nations final and told me how great Fieldens tackle was.

That article says 9 out of 13 players were Australian... shouldn't you be happy with that considering Australia's poor series performance.

I don't care if you and everyone else here don't think I'm a Bulldogs fan or a loyal one, but the fact of the matter is that I'm not blind. I support my Bulldogs to the death but I'm not stupid enough to argue our players are better then everyone elses. I can say that Sherwin isn't the best halfback in the game. I know there are people who have a higher work rate then Ryan, I can admit that Karmichael Hunt was the real rookie of the year... but at the end of the day. I still wear my blue and white jersey, I still chant Bulldogs songs and I still call The Kennel home.
Poor tournament? The only difference in the regular rounds between australia and england was the fact australia drew with new zealand and england beat them by 2 points... hardly enough evidence to create a rift between australia displaying a poor performance and england having a great one. (nb: the new zealand draw was held in nz, the great britain win was held in england). Not to mention we were the first team through to the final! And then of course we won the final by 40 points! If thats a poor australian performace I'd to to see... or should I say, I'd love to see - a good one.

M

MrCharisma

Considering last year GB went down 3-0 in the Tri-Series, I'd say this was a good performance!

Australia also only scrapped over GB in Game 1 so I wouldn't be gloating.

A draw with NZ, a loss against GB and got 24 points put on them against France... I wouldn't say it was a good run for this 'almightly' Australia side.

Anastabation

Reaction score
MrCharisma said:
Considering last year GB went down 3-0 in the Tri-Series, I'd say this was a good performance!

Australia also only scrapped over GB in Game 1 so I wouldn't be gloating.

A draw with NZ, a loss against GB and got 24 points put on them against France... I wouldn't say it was a good run for this 'almightly' Australia side.
Well I always thought Australia was lucky in the tri series, atleast thats what you've always said. Australia may have played poorly in the context of how good they actually are but over all they had a better series than GB.

roc-a-fella

Not impressed..
Reaction score
MrCharisma said:
Give props when props are due!

As for the rest of the side, your telling me that

Sing and Meli are better then Carney?
Petro or Ryles are better then Fielden?
Berrigan or Vagana are better then Senior?

Because if you were, you clearly watched a different Tri-Series then the rest of the world.... perhaps you remembered a game you played on the Rugby League game on the PS2.
I agree with ya when ya say give props when props are due m8 i like that one...but in saying that...
I reckon Matt Sing is way better then Carney
I reckon Civenoceva, Ryles, O'Meley and old bastard Webcke are better then Fielden
& I reckon Vagana is better then Senior...

Willskii

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
well i think civo desevres the spot before Fielden, civo played really well this series. K senior, i personally thought he did CRAP all in the try series, picked up like one try thats all i can remember the one it got HANDED to him by Hill. Farrell yeah he desevres a spot but there could be an arguement to put Ryan or Fitz there. We all know the Poms are biased, it is obvious in the commentary and there commentray really cheeses me off, i hate there bias and there accents. Not my thing, not downgrading poms but just don't like those commentators accents, and also a question why do lots of poms lisp?

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
The World's best 13:

1.Luke Patten
2.Hazem El-Masri
3.Jamaal Lolesi
4.Willie Tonga
5.Matt Utai