Work... do you actually give a rats?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Your Mum

Jorgie
Reaction score
How much effort do you put in for work? how long do you take getting ready in the mornings and what beauty regime do you not leave the house with?

Ive noticed some girls have to straighten their hair and must do their make up and their clothes for work cost more than some dresses i'd only wear out.

I get out of bed at 7:40 and leave at 8:00. Personally I dont give a rats. If i rock up to the office with mismatched clothes that dont fit me. I usually have bed hair everyday. Ill wash it before bed and rock up to work the same way it looks when i wake up in the morning. If i wear make up its because i want something to do on the train ride to work so i apply it on the train lol.

what do you do?

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Takes me around 25 mins to get ready. Not much to do other than dress and wash up lol. Food is already ready via mum :p

Leesee

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
wake up at 0540. bus leaves at 0555. tie my hair into a messy bun while still lying in bed (no need to brush it...detracts from the effect lol), grab the nearest pair of jeans and a tshirt i can find, roll out of bed and pretty much into them, grab my lanyard, put eye drops in, and walk out the door.

i can't actually try to make myself look good for work...and that's purely for safety reasons.

[DoGgIeS FaN]

jesusfreak.
Reaction score
i wake up at 7:50 for school and leave at 8:00
dont wear make up.. dont fix my hair lol.. unless its an absolute shocker

but for work sometimes i try.. only cause i dont have to wake up as early. my make up is usually still on from the night before lol.. thats does the job
hahaha man im lazy lol

~stacie

Michael Ennis ♥
Reaction score
sarah im with you with the school bit.
wearing make up to school is soo pointless?

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
My ex of 10 years ago = 1hr and 15 mins !

Up at 6.15 - Out the door 7.30 with toast in hand !

Madness I tells ya !

[DoGgIeS FaN]

jesusfreak.
Reaction score
sarah im with you with the school bit.
wearing make up to school is soo pointless?
yepp theres no one good there hahaha jks

ohh but its funny cause all the girls in like year 8 and 9 are constantly in the bathroom reapply make up and fixing there hair.. im like are you for real?? its school brooo

Rani

True Blue
Reaction score
I'm up at 6, shower have a cup of coffee and get ready to leave home at 7.30 to be at work at 8. Since my job involves me dealing with clients, i need to be dressed professionally and look presentable, so hair is done and light makeup is applied.

~stacie

Michael Ennis ♥
Reaction score
[DoGgIeS FaN];1831652 said:
yepp theres no one good there hahaha jks

ohh but its funny cause all the girls in like year 8 and 9 are constantly in the bathroom reapply make up and fixing there hair.. im like are you for real?? its school brooo
LOL yes! they do that @ my school too, im like: GO AWAY! you're @ school ffs!
ergh, gosh i hate juniors ;):p
hehehehehe!

Leesee

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
hmmm i will sometimes get dressed up, but only for meetings with the director and when i go to other facilities.

other than that, i try to be as ugly as i can lol

BulldogStar

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm up at 6, shower have a cup of coffee and get ready to leave home at 7.30 to be at work at 8. Since my job involves me dealing with clients, i need to be dressed professionally and look presentable, so hair is done and light makeup is applied.
100% with you on that!!

I think the job you have depends on how much effort you put in. If i want to work in Marketing, and Public Relations i will have to spend time looking presentable as it is you that sells the company.

-Kurry-

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wake up about 45-30 mins before I have to leave. Purely because I like pottering around in the morning, eating breakfast slowly, letting my dogs out and having a smoke as i watch the news bulletin.
In regards to the getting ready, as i receptionist i do try and get nice and dressy, put makeup on...but the hair is so stubborn, it wont look nice in any other style than just let down and alone, so i just bruch it or run fingers through it.

I envy those women who look flawless for work, with a slick up-do with not one hair out of places and perfect makeup even at the end of the day. Mather****ers, i look like a messy by the end of the day i always feel so shabby going home!

Your Mum

Jorgie
Reaction score
lol at the school girls in the eastern suburbs.

fake tans, knee high socks, ghd hair and make up that has taken me 23 years to master, they have going on everyday.

purpleskittles

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I don't put any effort in at all! Some days I will be lucky to run a brush through my hair. I work with clients but they don't care either and they are from some big reputable companies. They know i deliver and deliver well with my work so not once have they made comments about my "presentation". Our previous designer however - had a lot of complaints about her unprofessional appearance - oh and she put in loads of effort for work.

=Sarah=

Long live MJ
Reaction score
it takes me 30 mins 2 get ready... that includes breakfast.

i work at a coal mine so yeah... no effort needed hahaha!

DoggyGirl

>Sylvana
Reaction score
i'm with Rani on this. I'm up at 7.15 leave home 8.20am start 8.30am :grinning:. Hair touched up as it's normally done beforehand and Make up is done every single day. If it means being late to work then so be it, no excuses. lol. strict working hours don't exist though, as long as job's done. breakfast at work before first client

-Kurry-

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i'm with Rani on this. I'm up at 7.15 leave home 8.20am start 8.30am :grinning:. Hair touched up as it's normally done beforehand and Make up is done every single day. If it means being late to work then so be it, no excuses. lol. strict working hours don't exist though, as long as job's done. breakfast at work before first client
Makeup is a necessity! I prefer going to see people who work with clients who look presentable.

If im running late ill just put my makeup on at work (ill put foundation on before i leave though). Nothing annoys me more than when its so busy in the morning i have to face patients without makeup :o

Kim Possible

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I've gotten rather slack for school haha, wake up at 8.15, or 8.20 like this morning, get dressed and all that crap, brush my hair, get my **** together and i'm out the door in 15 mins? I sometimes wear eye makeup but thats like once a blue moon haha, and only really wear foundation if i'm feeling self conscious.

Status
Not open for further replies.