Official Woolford leaves the Dogs

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
You will crack the divinci code sooner than working out that mystery. He must of eaten Pays sandwich accidently.
And Hasler's...seems such an inept decision. We struggled for points and plain as day lesser players who def couldn't, and can't even now, execute were given support and several chances. Maybe it was an attitude thing, cos his tendency to move up early out of the line could have been fixed by any competent fg coach.

I didn't think he was a world beater, or Woolford either, but if you have average players already in those positions, and you're looking for a win, surely someone who has some spark should be tried.

Shades of the lack of vision with letting Cook go and that disappoints when the guys know the systems and the club....especially with our current dummy half's lack of vision and skill.

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And Hasler's...seems such an inept decision. We struggled for points and plain as day lesser players who def couldn't, and can't even now, execute were given support and several chances. Maybe it was an attitude thing, cos his tendency to move up early out of the line could have been fixed by any competent fg coach.

I didn't think he was a world beater, or Woolford either, but if you have average players already in those positions, and you're looking for a win, surely someone who has some spark should be tried.

Shades of the lack of vision with letting Cook go and that disappoints when the guys know the systems and the club....especially with our current dummy half's lack of vision and skill.
I don’t get it myself. I’m baffled also. However Pay is very well versed in regards to the Junior talent floating around as he has been a coach at Jnr Club and representative level for many years, so I can only draw an assumption that he’s got a few you beaut Jnrs lined up who are strides ahead in the talent pool.

I also believe that every player manger has opened their books and is offering all of their young talent to us, so we must be spoilt for choice (with regards to fringe first graders and young talent) at the minute.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

Woolford stated that leaving was his decision. He told the club earlier in the season that he didn't want another contract 'cause he wanted to go to England for family reasons.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Lichaa is a fucking cockroach... will survive anything the lucky bastard

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
If it was a survey amongst fans who would be the better option Woolford or Sereyaro.

I think the Segeyaro thing is a no go but I like Woolford better as Segy is frantic but Woolford has good composure and seems to have better direction.. hoping we keep him on

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Please tell me it's not between Lichaa and JMK for next season
Afraid so by the looks of it. When is a Dogs coach going to fully realise the value of a good dummy half who can pass and kick...will we ever see another one in our lifetime? :grinning:

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Nice so we’re now stuck with the worst rake in the comp

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I thought our club wanted to sign the best young talent?

Woolford definately has talent

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I thought our club wanted to sign the best young talent?

Woolford definately has talent
It may be a case of him just wanting to be closer to family as stated above. It isn't the end of the world. But I hope we've got someone else lined up. It seems like maybe they were grooming nu brown for hooker through this season. And with a good offseason in the gym maybe JMK will have more impact. He wasn't brilliant this year,but nor was he bad. He just got monstered on occasion by bigger players. I'd still persist with him at hooker if we don't sign anyone else. If nothing else he's pretty durable and looks like he wants to be involved.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think it’s time to invest some time in nu brown.
Get hetho down here, for the pre season.
I can’t take another year of lichaa and JMK.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Young hooker in Jersey Flegg (Ryan Gray?) is apparently very good.
Ryan Gray is very good, as is the the HM dummy half Danny Ghantous and both very different types / styles of players. Not saying they will play first grade but they have been very good in their age groups.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Nu Brown couldn’t take Lichaa’s jersey when it was ripe for the taking. That’s what concerns me. Was that Pay’s fault? I don’t know.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nu makes too many dumb errors