Wooden spooners bulldogs 2021

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We might be lucky to beat the tigers twice but yeah can’t see it happening.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's not our first and it certainly will not be our last.....so who cares!!! Coming last is like being in first place from the back of the pack. It's a poor mans trophy :grinning:

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
We have probably deserved it at least once over the last few seasons and we definitely earned it this year. If you told me we would only get one spoon since 2017 knowing everything till now I’ll probably have taken that.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
To be fair avoiding the spoon might also be one of the worse things to happen to us because it'll give Barrett and our management a false sense of security and might even trigger them to make some re-signings that shouldn't happen.

At the end of the day coming 2nd or 16th at the end of the season means very little difference. No one remembers anything except the premiership winners. (Us in 2012/14 vs Us in 2004)

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have probably deserved it at least once over the last few seasons and we definitely earned it this year. If you told me we would only get one spoon since 2017 knowing everything till now I’ll probably have taken that.
Agreed 100%.

In each of 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021 we have looked specials to get the spoon half way through season.

We made good late runs in 2018 and 2019 but that was only when the pressure was off. It took a diabolical season last year from Brisbane to steal the spoon from us but that wont happen this year.

You get what you deserve and with our recruitment, retention and player development over the past 5 years we deserve the spoon.

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep sad but true..

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well the only way out of this shithole of the bottom of the ladder is if our fuckin players pull their socks up and get 3 wins lets hope that happens and brisbane dont win a game but for my prediction we are wooden spooners 2021
I like other kennelers thought we would improve this season but was wrong, we deserve the spoon after what the team has served up this season and the players should be ashamed from getting the spoon.
And even though Gus told players they will be given until the end of the season to prove that their deserving of a contract extension the majority of players have not improved one bit

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well the only way out of this shithole of the bottom of the ladder is if our fuckin players pull their socks up and get 3 wins lets hope that happens and Brisbane don't win a game but for my prediction we are wooden spooners 2021
Probably has to be 4 games because of our poor +/-

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like other kennelers thought we would improve this season but was wrong, we deserve the spoon after what the team has served up this season and the players should be ashamed from getting the spoon.
And even though Gus told players they will be given until the end of the season to prove that their deserving of a contract extension the majority of players have not improved one bit
Yup, you just can't coach the stupid out of some players!

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just to help convince some of those hanging on till the death.. The Broncos should win at least 1 of there last five games meaning we will need to win at least four of our last five games and make sure our for and against improves dramatically..

Embrace the SPOON.. It's ours.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well the only way out of this shithole of the bottom of the ladder is if our fuckin players pull their socks up and get 3 wins lets hope that happens and brisbane dont win a game but for my prediction we are wooden spooners 2021
No!!!! We F..kn deserve it!!! We probably even deserved it last year but c'mon we have had this coming and the reality of failure is what I hope fuel's the fire in years to come. We have to take ownership of where the club has come from and where we are today.

It is simple. We are the worst team in the comp and if the wooden spoon is what we deserve then I'll take it with honour and cop whatever shit comes my way by my mates and other fans.

If we are going to accept future Premierships in all it's glory, then we have to accept last placed Wooden Spooners equally....thanks to the rubbish this inept team has given us.

Last edited:

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Wooden spoons need to be inserted up their asses, and not allowed to remove till pre season.