Wolves in sheep skin !

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A perfect example of this was recently in a story regarding Tony Williams commenting in support of Jared Hayne and he said some stupid things and was sacked by his club.

The media were running the story talking about Williams being a former teammate of Haynes but running a large pic of Williams in bulldogs kit even though the 2 were teammates at Parramatta not the bulldogs.

It’s not a big one but is an example of the media’s agenda against us...negative every chance they get
Same for Inu...

I’ve always assumed the hate came from our success in the 80s, sticking it to the then darlings of the league the Eels. That and us going with SL early

All those kids who hated us are now middle aged and in positions of power. And anytime they do bad stories about us translates into higher readership/clicks etc

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
We had our era. Moore was ok but he just ran it as a family thing. He set us up with a good leagues club that provided us finance that went further in the 80s than today. Coorey came in and made it rich!
We also had western sydney to choose from in juniors.
The area was aussie and leb. Football giants.
Now the aussies moved and we have chinese, bangladeshi, indian, people that dont follow footy. Also the days of assimilation are over. A leb, or any immigrant, in the 70s wanted to be part of australian life, they needed to be. Nowadays, a syrian refugee could waltz inti the area, get away with no english, live a middle eastern life happily. Shisha in the morning, shopping at middle east market in the afternoon and mosque and community events wherever he feels. There is no need to ever look at rugby league. its a parallel identity.
Sure, the syrian in my story might have kids who like the dogs, but the Sub continentals and asian kids probably wont. especially if we r losing
The area has lost alot of its footy culture is what i am saying.
We havent manged to carve out a partnership with regional australia. we had christchurch at one point (sbw) and south brisbane but it was a failure. Roosters however git the golden ticket of CC and melb got rural qld (slater).
we still have people here almost daily suggest 'lets get props from fiji'. Thats so ignorant of the fact the countries footballing size is less than that of the cronulla district, and its all rugby, and they are all wingers and as soon as they go good they just go back to rugby.

Gary mcintyre gave us success because he blatabtly cheated.
Our last era was beause we cheated.
our fond memories was the consequence of cheating, the hangover with a sweet taste of retaining our players.

We lost the dogs magic somewhere around the 99 season.

other clubs have emerged. one town teams. teams with big nurseries are getting better at harnessing talent.
the comp will be 18 teams before we know it so all things being equal thats still only a 7% chance of a permiership on any given year.

our rep is based on those that can remember the 80s, thry are fading. media personalities (who are supposedly shitting on us) are the only ones keeping this dogs of war reputation alive.
kids dont support us and see us as a terrorist club. people still joke about rape and coffs harbour (although thankfully thats subsuided) and any mystique we had has been scuppered by 5 years if straight failure.
its rare to see a cellar dweller of any team be shit for 5 years, and our supporters are hear talking about us being a powerhouse.
Fuck that was a lot of effort. Well done young grasshopper and good luck with your trial with the Mounties! When is it? Next pre-seaon right?

Anyway as immutable as the laws of physics is that:-

1. South Sydney suck balls.
2. South Sydney supporters are toothless hubcap stealing scum.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
It’s nowhere near as dramatic as some make out. Souths were tossed and re-admitted more than 20 years ago. Even with the Bulldogs not wanting them axed at the time, it happened anyway and then the NRL were slapped by the Federal Court to allow re-admission. Anyone who believes News and Nine blame the Bulldogs for that outcome today are wrong. News Limited exited their ownership of the game years ago and there’s been several CEO’s of the NRL and Nine since. Oh but it’s all Rupert Murdoch’s fault :tearsofjoy:.

When are people going to accept that we are the architects of our destiny and the many mistakes made over the last 8 or so years are what brought us to our knees. We will rise again and no publisher or broadcaster will stop that - who cares what sensationalist dribble they report - they’re just doing their jobs keeping ratings up and advertising dollars rolling in. Drink some truth serum kids, not the kool aid.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Forget the conspiracy theories. The club made shit decisions and put shit people in power. No one cares about what happened yesterday other than bulldogs fans. When the club starts making smart decisions things will go our way and no matter how much people want to talk us down it won’t matter. Look at the year of our last premiership as an example.

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Honestly- what positives are there to say??? We are currently on track to be the worst NRL team EVER. Let that sink in.. I think we’re getting off lightly to be honest. We deserve a lot more shit considering our diabolical last five years.

rissolerob

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Thought I read somewhere that the reason the media are anti Dogs is that after the super league fiasco the Dogs sued News Corp and won ( cannot remember what for) and since then News Corp have been undermining us.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Been saying for ever that Murdoch media are targetting us. They're no friend to our club and attack us at every opportunity.
A friend of mine's friend is a journalist at News Ltd, he once told him how much hatred is shown towards us from the so called journalists...It is astonishing.
Many years ago I rang The Daily Telecrap asking to speak to Drunken Rothfield about the negativity of their journalism towards Canterbury to my shock we did speak, he did complain about the abuse he copes from our fans, in return I said to him if you change your ways I am sure they would, then he continued on to say " I wish they all speak to me with respect like you did " sadly his colleagues and he didn't change their ways :rage:

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
A friend of mine's friend is a journalist at News Ltd, he once told him how much hatred is shown towards us from the so called journalists...It is astonishing.
Many years ago I rang The Daily Telecrap asking to speak to Drunken Rothfield about the negativity of their journalism towards Canterbury to my shock we did speak, he did complain about the abuse he copes from our fans, in return I said to him if you change your ways I am sure they would, then he continued on to say " I wish they all speak to me with respect like you did " sadly his colleagues and he didn't change their ways :rage:
because imagine how many called to threaten him with a bomb etc

kudos for giving it a go though

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We had our era. Moore was ok but he just ran it as a family thing. He set us up with a good leagues club that provided us finance that went further in the 80s than today. Coorey came in and made it rich!
Now the aussies moved and we have chinese, bangladeshi, indian, people that dont follow footy. Also the days of assimilation are over. A leb, or any immigrant, in the 70s wanted to be part of australian life, they needed to be. Nowadays, a syrian refugee could waltz inti the area, get away with no english, live a middle eastern life happily. Shisha in the morning, shopping at middle east market in the afternoon and mosque and community events wherever he feels. There is no need to ever look at rugby league. its a parallel identity.
Sure, the syrian in my story might have kids who like the dogs, but the Sub continentals and asian kids probably wont. especially if we r losing
We havent manged to carve out a partnership with regional australia. we had christchurch at one point (sbw) and south brisbane but it was a failure. Roosters however git the golden ticket of CC and melb got rural qld (slater).
we still have people here almost daily suggest 'lets get props from fiji'. Thats so ignorant of the fact the countries footballing size is less than that of the cronulla district, and its all rugby, and they are all wingers and as soon as they go good they just go back to rugby.

our fond memories was the consequence of cheating, the hangover with a sweet taste of retaining our players.

other clubs have emerged. one town teams. teams with big nurseries are getting better at harnessing talent.
the comp will be 18 teams before we know it so all things being equal thats still only a 7% chance of a permiership on any given year.

our rep is based on those that can remember the 80s, thry are fading. media personalities (who are supposedly shitting on us) are the only ones keeping this dogs of war reputation alive.
kids dont support us and see us as a terrorist club. people still joke about rape and coffs harbour (although thankfully thats subsuided) and any mystique we had has been scuppered by 5 years if straight failure.
its rare to see a cellar dweller of any team be shit for 5 years, and our supporters are hear talking about us being a powerhouse.
What a crock of shit. Put your one tooth back in and fuck off back to Redfern Oval.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not sure about us not signing the "death warrant" as being the reason they hate us. After all souths are the medias little darling.. i think they just hate the area, and the people who live in it.
South are now the media's little darling only after the Gladiator had taken over !!!

Last edited:

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score

There is a huge Polynesian community in western & south Western Sydney and that makes up almost 30% (PI & Moari’s) of the NRL players so the opportunity for the club to target these talented kids and have strong juniors is still very much there cuzzie.

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
this is likely untrue.

if they wanted us gone we would have been gone long ago.
we get alot of positive comments in the media too
Oh piss off you Nashit stain! The man made an informed, intelligent thread and you just brush it off with your rubbish comment! Can some mod please just ban this fool for good so she can go and support her beloved South Sydney once and for all and free our forum from his drug induced shite!

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It’s nowhere near as dramatic as some make out. Souths were tossed and re-admitted more than 20 years ago. Even with the Bulldogs not wanting them axed at the time, it happened anyway and then the NRL were slapped by the Federal Court to allow re-admission. Anyone who believes News and Nine blame the Bulldogs for that outcome today are wrong. News Limited exited their ownership of the game years ago and there’s been several CEO’s of the NRL and Nine since. Oh but it’s all Rupert Murdoch’s fault :tearsofjoy:.

When are people going to accept that we are the architects of our destiny and the many mistakes made over the last 8 or so years are what brought us to our knees. We will rise again and no publisher or broadcaster will stop that - who cares what sensationalist dribble they report - they’re just doing their jobs keeping ratings up and advertising dollars rolling in. Drink some truth serum kids, not the kool aid.
The rules were...It was a must to have the signatures of every other club in the comp in order to sack a club from the competition, by not signing that document Canterbury not only they kept the door ajar for South's re-entry they also publicly supported their fund raising events, this was acknowledge by none other than South Sydney club prior to the 2014 GF.
I am not and will not blame our misfortunes on a single organization or event but you can bet you bottom dollar I do know enough to not look into anyone or anything through rose glasses :tearsofjoy:

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think it's just scum Journalist like Paul Kent. Noticed that he never attacks his mates Ricky Stuart and Des Hasler? Just Google all kent articles about Stuart and Hasler and you'll see what I mean.

He has targeted us ever since we sacked Hasler.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
The rules were...It was a must to have the signatures of every other club in the comp in order to sack a club from the competition, by not signing that document Canterbury not only they kept the door ajar for South's re-entry they also publicly supported their fund raising events, this was acknowledge by none other than South Sydney club prior to the 2014 GF.
I am not and will not blame our misfortunes on a single organization or event but you can bet you bottom dollar I do know enough to not look into anyone or anything through rose glasses :tearsofjoy:
I know that’s true, hence why I said the Dogs did support Souths at the time the NRL wanted them out.

It's also one of the reasons there is reciprocal member entry to both clubs home games when we play each other even today.

But 20+ years later the suggestion that News and/or Nine maintain a vendetta against Belmore is not true in my view and various conversations I've had. But I don't support conspiracy theories generally - because there's usually no evidence to back them up.

Last edited:

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it's just scum Journalist like Paul Kent. Noticed that he never attacks his mates Ricky Stuart and Des Hasler? Just Google all kent articles about Stuart and Hasler and you'll see what I mean.

He has targeted us ever since we sacked Hasler.
Yep he wrote an article this week about how the Raiders problems are not Ricky Stuarts fault. When every other team goes through a losing streak the coach always gets blamed but not the Raiders because his mate Ricky is the coach.....fucking hypocrite