Wish me luck - Tanks Coaching Thread

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Hey guys, started our debut with a win. Tank Jnr got a strong try pulling 4 kids over the line. It ended up 5-4, we were down 3-1 at HT and 4-3 at 3/4 time.

Highlight for me was my boy palming off a bigger kid and offloading to his team mate for a try.
Awesome stuff mate, congrats to you and jnr :grinning:

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Coaching now, well done, forget the red cordial, sugar is so bad for kids, I would loved to of coached.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Just remember Coach CK's advice ... "they can't run without heads !" ... and ya can't go wrong.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Another game, another win. This time we beat the Sharks 12-5. My boy got his first hat trick, my 2nd best player got a hat trick, and everyone else scored a double. I think Tank Jnr will be the next Andrew Ryan the way he fends off tacklers, half of them he put them on their arse lol

2-0 baby! Lol

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Lmao I like her spin on things!
Sounds like the kids are going to have a fun year .

Go the maulers!
That's why they are winning, because I try to make it fun for them.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That's why they are winning, because I try to make it fun for them.
Exactly! But not very coach knows how to do that, probably why a lot of kids who used to love footy end up at soccer .

However my sons team had a parent shitfight last year because the team wasnt winning enough amongst other stuff and half of them went to other clubs.
as a result there was no team at the club this year which was a shame because the boys were really starting to gel.

my son didnt want to change clubs or play union or 'soccer' so is busy doing mixed martial arts till next season.. i actually miss it a lot

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Tank .. your team could have beaten our NSW Cup side today, and pretty sure your little bloke could outplay Cleeland in the halves.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Tank .. your team could have beaten our NSW Cup side today, and pretty sure your little bloke could outplay Cleeland in the halves.
Fkn lol, but it breaks my heart to lol at that.

Speaking of Tank Jnr, I forgot to add that the Sharks coach didn't believe he was 5 years old the cut **** lol my reply was "Yeah, id be upset too if my team got carved up" lol didn't swear because the kids, it was fucking hard to bite my tongue lol

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Good luck dude.

I have one son plays for the Devils and one for Toonie. Obviously older. Our paths may cross one one day at a park.

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Love this thread, brings back memories when I first took my kid to play his first game. Wish you and your boy all the best....and the milfs too. Lol

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
all the best to tank + tank jnr!

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
I’m not going to say good luck. Just going to say have fun while it lasts mate.

My son played in our local Comp (tigers) and I was an assistant coach (fitness). Had a ball coaching him. As soon as he started to show promise I challenged him to get a spot in the Bulldogs junior comp because it was superior and they really hammered in defence which he needed to improve. He trialed for the Bulls and got in playing 5/8 mostly playing up against Jayden Okanbur and others that progressed to SG ball abd Flegg. But then his coach start getting too hard on the kids swearing and singling players out and he chucked in the towel. It stopped being fun and started being all about winning as they were very successful. A lot of kids that are talented drop out around 14-16 even if they have a chance of making it. It’s around the time girls, parties and unfortunately drugs start showing up too so sport for most of them takes a back seat.

So like I said enjoy it while it last. I used to get more pumped about going to watch my son play footy and coaching him than watching the Bulldogs on the weekend. I never imagined he’d quit. I honestly thought he was going to be a Bulldog one day and so did he. He wanted nothing more. But things change so enjoy!

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Another game, another win.

Our victims were Girraween and demolished them 16 tries to 6.

My boy got 6 tries, 2 offloads for tries and about 30 tackles for the Man of the Match medal.

They had a monster Islander boy playing for then but my team dominated him.

Kids are loving it more and having fun and playing like little professionals lol

3-0
36 tries for
17 tries against.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Another game, another win.

Our victims were Girraween and demolished them 16 tries to 6.

My boy got 6 tries, 2 offloads for tries and about 30 tackles for the Man of the Match medal.

They had a monster Islander boy playing for then but my team dominated him.

Kids are loving it more and having fun and playing like little professionals lol

3-0
36 tries for
17 tries against.
Omg that's so exciting!! Makes me want to come n watch too