Opinion Win lose or draw

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Morris bros were moved on for cultural reasons as were others.
Yes they are above and beyond better players than anything we have atm. Yes we are going to sorely miss their experience and physical presence. No we should not have re-signed either of them.

It is for the coaches to analyse performance and impart critical review not for a few of the loudest personalities to undermine the coaches.

Some of these players have accepted lesser wages to escape a negative team environment which they are largely responsible for creating.

Fuck em I say

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Morris brothers seem like pretty ok guys, family guys, never in the media for the wrong reasons.
I think it's a poor reflection on the administration/coach if they were unhappy. I don't think they would whinge and undermine people if it was all sunshine and lollipops.

This should of been worse case scenario for our team this year, which if Morris's are apparently on min wage, why not give them two year min wage or a role for the club on better pay for the next year??

1.Meaney/Hoppa
2.Brett Morris same price as Crichton
3.CHN,Josh Morris,K Holland,Hoppa
4.CHN,Josh Morris,K Holland,Hoppa
5.R Smith

I mean this looks VASTLY stronger already, this was simple, a no brainer.
Not to mention Danny Levi released for free and playing for free, straight swap for Lichaa or no Klemmer.
If you get my gist/context this is basically a free backline, ie:same price we have without even having Levi.
We should of NEVER let Klemmer go without suitable (player and transfer) compensation. This is a joke and I'll never agree, sorry.
The Knights were DESPERATE for him and they'll now make the 8 because of his contribution.
I am now starting to grow more concern about the direction of the club.

PS-Although the Anderson's appear to be doing a good job I have no doubt Chris has some input to the roster. Why would he sit idle and watch the worse number 9 in the history of NRL destroy what small chance we have of winning a game. I gotta say recruitment/retention so far under new admin doesn't fill me with much confidence.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I still can't believe we didn't agree to the Morris boys for two years, especially Josh.
Brett was injured a lot but at the right money? Is it true he is playing at the Roosters on the NRL minimum wage?
As for Josh he is a better centre than anyone we have ar centre, certainty true for this season.
Minimum wage for an NRL player is $105k, does anyone really think he is playing for $20k per game? I for sure don’t.

Go Dogs

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
I still can't believe we didn't agree to the Morris boys for two years, especially Josh.
Brett was injured a lot but at the right money? Is it true he is playing at the Roosters on the NRL minimum wage?
As for Josh he is a better centre than anyone we have ar centre, certainty true for this season.
No body knows the real in and outs but if we have to many back ended deals than we couldn't re sign them esp if the club struggles with to get tpa in.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ehat i heard last year from some players at the open days was the Morris boys were the most popular in our squad.. and led by example at training..

They were also popular with the younger players for advice..

They were highly respected amongst the group which is in contrast to a few posts on here blaming them for a 'bad culture'..

Is it up to the coach to create the culture anyway? Ask Bellamy..

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He took the job knowing the risks.

The roster was better when he walked in, and it is now significantly worse. He has recruited a number of players and most of them are playing Kebab Cup.

This is the roster he has settled on. Out of 30 it features maybe 3 or 4 players who would be able to appear in the best 17 of the top 4 sides.

Last season was a write off we were told. We get that. We’ve moved on they said. We recruited Cogger, Meaney and a bunch of other plodders and that was supposed to turn our season around.

The effort from the group was appalling and reminded me of the weak surrenders in 2008.
Are we just going to ignore the major salary cap issue we had last year and are still dealing with? We simply weren't in a position to sign big names for this year.

Vek

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Pay decided rather than wielding the axe after a single game, that instead he would give the players a chance to turn things around after last week.

I think that's fair given everything that went on just before last game.

If they don't fire this week though I'd be expecting changes.
#bringthemadness

jokes....#bringthespoon