Social Media Willie Mason wants Dogs to sign Segeyaro

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Hed be a great option off the bench..would be a great signing

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t want him, think we need a hungry player like Reece Robson or how ever it’s spelt someone who wants to cement their spot

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We still have no one i could classify as a hooker. None of them can get the ball out crisp and fast enough. Id get him for sure if no one else is coming this year. Dump olive

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since when did reece robson and brailey sign with the club ? Did i miss something ?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Club already explore the option and ended in a "thanks but no thanks" to his manager. Deemed him too high risk a player with his past incidents and who he keeps company with. We did our due diligence and Greenberg got a baby boner.

Seggy will stay at the Sharks and sign to a Newtown Jets contract with potential to be promoted to Top 30 if a space is available. That's how the Shonky Sharks will swing this one, and it's been planned before Bazza leaves I reckon (hence his jumping ship).

Eels his likely destination, barring the board not getting involved.
Eels apparentely have signed Matt McIllwrick from Souths.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The ship has sailed with Segeyaro. We need to chase a long term solution like Robson or Brailey etc..

Plus, who needs the baggage and drama that comes with Segeyaro? He probably has ten other videos out there that would end his career any second if released.

Willie is probably looking out for his snorting buddy.

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Should this have read 'Willie Mason trying to be relevant again'? But more to the point, the answer is no.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Short answer is yes for 12 months. Then throw enough to get either Blayke or Robson for 2020.

Segeyaro is available as sharks are forced to play 350 under cap now and in all honesty he is better then any option we have for the season. Minimal contract for 12 months we have nothing to lose and a chance to improve while going for our 2020 target. I’d be doing all I could to get b Smith from storm signed for the future and push him seek a release with the option for us to make it work ASAP as if we had him and Lewis and if Meaney kicks on we finally got some quality in spine especially if Foran can be healthy and if not his money is enough to replace him with star caliber player when his done

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
A year or 2 ago I would of had to agre with mason... don’t get me wrong , he would be great value off the bench For cheap, good wild card to play!! but his time has passed to be honest.

Also he would not fit the culture pay is trying to rebuild here either, better left alone at this stage.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Last I heard the dude was working as a barista in kogarah. So I think most likely the Cronulla deal fell through or is still pending.

We did seem interested for a while. But for us to pull out of the chase that long ago and he remained unsigned for so long I guess there was more to it then unable to find a spot or cap space. So I have full confidence in the clubs decision to pass him up even though he is a way better hooker then we have at the club.

We are building a fresh culture and I guess pay and the front office decided he doesn’t fit in so I’ll accept that.

cLEBrity

Mujnoon
Reaction score
The bloke needs to pull his head in, he hangs out with a bad group of people, i have seen numerous videos of him and other grubby NRL players, the guy is toxic. Dont let him any where near our club

silva

Utility
Reaction score
The bloke needs to pull his head in, he hangs out with a bad group of people, i have seen numerous videos of him and other grubby NRL players, the guy is toxic. Dont let him any where near our club
Half of NRL players are grubs. Doesn't mean he cant play

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Segeyaro is the type of player you sign mid season when your 1st choice hooker is injured and won’t return until round 23

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1 yr deal i would be ok. The less I see of lichaa in 1st grade the happier i am

iDoggiesFan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Club already explore the option and ended in a "thanks but no thanks" to his manager. Deemed him too high risk a player with his past incidents and who he keeps company with.
What past incidents are you actually referring to? Constantly hear about these ‘issues’ but aside from supposedly consorting with criminals about 4 years ago, I can’t recall hearing anything else.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we have signed Robson then our top priority should be Tevita Pangai Jr. in 2020 the majority of our side will be off contract and we’ll be able to reshape our roster