Status
Not open for further replies.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Rugby League evolved from Rugby Union
Rugby Union evolved from Soccer

So soccer is, quite literally, the grand-daddy of Rugby League ;)
Yeah but that's the same as saying you evolved from the apes. Doesn't mean you gotta love bananas.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
FORMER Roosters hardman Willie Mason has issued an almighty spray aimed at his old boss Nick Politis over the club’s pursuit of Cooper Cronk.

Pearce is reportedly livid at Cronk’s pending arrival at Bondi, which would likely push him out of his halfback position.

In the past 48 hours it’s been reported Manly has already began discussions with Pearce, while Newcastle coach Nathan Brown revealed his interest in the NSW Origin playmaker.

League legend Mark Geyer told Triple M’s Grill Team on Thursday why the Roosters shouldnt sign Cronk.

And Mason took the criticism a step further when he called out Roosters boss Politis in an impressive rant on SkipiTV.

He claims it is Politis who is driving the Cronk pursuit, but coach Trent Robinson will be the man left answering the questions if the deal goes sour.

“Robbo will be at the coal face, but with that club Nick Politis makes every single big move,” Mason said.

“(Politis) won’t face any cameras. He will sit there and make these moves and everyone else has got to deal with it.”

Mason says when he signed with the Roosters in 2008 the entire deal was done through Politis. It was all Politis he signed us all. Me, Braith, Nate, Shrek, SBW. He wanted us to bring our Bulldog culture to Bondi. He tried to get Israel Folau, Thurston, and he nearly got me before I joined the Bulldogs. He also made a play for Wayne Bennett and Craig Bellamy. Politis once said at our end of year function, he wants to make the Roosters the Real Madrid of the NRL.

Now he fears the pursuit of Cronk could tear the culture of the club apart.

The ramifications of Cronk’s signing are already being laid bare with the news of Pearce wanting out.

Cronk brings another level of experience and leadership with him, but Mason fears it could mean nothing if his arrival pushes other players out.

Mason says other Roosters players may not respect Cronk as much if his signing costs them Pearce.

“I’m not sure how he’s going to put himself in that locker room, enforce himself and tell Friendy (Jake Friend) and those other guys that are going to have in the back of their head ‘you’re only here because you flicked one of my best mates’,” Mason said.

“We’ve heard rumours Pearce wants out ... maybe Friend wants out? It could start a revolt.

“That playing group has been together for about six or seven years, the main playing group — Friend, Pearce, Boyd Cordner.

“They’ve won premierships together, so when you slide in there like Cooper Cronk is now, it’s just the worst situation for him.”
Politis trying to bring our Bulldogs culture to the Rotters Ha Ha Ha, it's the fans who make the club what it is and develope the club culture.
Our culture is made up of down to earth hard working people from many ethnic backgrounds who get their buzz by belonging to a certain group in this case a football team.
The Rotters culture is based on the ego of a few multi millionaires who have nothing to struggle for, therefore need to be the very best with the poor man's toy "football" to keep their ego's inflate, since by outspending them they know that they can beat the poorer people.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Politis trying to bring our Bulldogs culture to the Rotters Ha Ha Ha, it's the fans who make the club what it is and develope the club culture.
Our culture is made up of down to earth hard working people from many ethnic backgrounds who get their buzz by belonging to a certain group in this case a football team.
The Rotters culture is based on the ego of a few multi millionaires who have nothing to struggle for, therefore need to be the very best with the poor man's toy "football" to keep their ego's inflate, since by outspending them they know that they can beat the poorer people.
Roosters culture = sipping on a soy decaf latte after shopping at Peter's of Kensington!

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Roosters = A richmans play thing ( in this case Politis )

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Take that, you cap juggler.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I would usually agree with you guys about a situation like this but Roosters don't owe Pearce anything. They have given him chance after chance. And tbh for a 240 game halfback that has played for NSW and on close to a million, he has only kicked ONE field goal to win a match and that was this year, he isn't a match winner and Cronk is.
I don't buy the 'they have him chance after chance' it's the roosters culture of cocaine on board clubs partying etc that he was brought up in... the only reason he wasn't sacked for indiscretions is because he's a big name... SKD was moved on because they knew they were keeping Gordon and getting Tedesco...

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I love soccer. I hate Rugby though.
I wasalways this way, but i have grown to appreciate the game a bit more since im here in france. They play a diferent brand of rugby, and i think the refs have a slightly different interpretation of the rules. The game seems to flow a lot better.
But two of my mates here played rugby all of their younger years and i watch with them, so perhaps their love for the game rubbed off a bit too.
I did laugh however when i showed them them a replay of SOO 1 this year and they still thought rugby was a better game. Lol

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Roosters = A richmans play thing ( in this case Politis )
Sounds like a very disturbing video I saw once a long time ago..............................................................

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
It'll get interesting when Politis kicks the bucket, or is no longer medically able to be Chairman.

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
W.Mason was a cancer at the Roosters. The shitiest buy in the last 25 years. He’s got the shits with Politis because he was punted for being a turd. Played well at the Dogs but rubbish everywhere else.

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
W.Mason was a cancer at the Roosters. The shitiest buy in the last 25 years. He’s got the shits with Politis because he was punted for being a turd. Played well at the Dogs but rubbish everywhere else.
With the exception of his first game against us .... traitor!

~c.

Status
Not open for further replies.