Willie Mason gives Politis a Spray

Status
Not open for further replies.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
FORMER Roosters hardman Willie Mason has issued an almighty spray aimed at his old boss Nick Politis over the club’s pursuit of Cooper Cronk.

Pearce is reportedly livid at Cronk’s pending arrival at Bondi, which would likely push him out of his halfback position.

In the past 48 hours it’s been reported Manly has already began discussions with Pearce, while Newcastle coach Nathan Brown revealed his interest in the NSW Origin playmaker.

League legend Mark Geyer told Triple M’s Grill Team on Thursday why the Roosters shouldnt sign Cronk.

And Mason took the criticism a step further when he called out Roosters boss Politis in an impressive rant on SkipiTV.

He claims it is Politis who is driving the Cronk pursuit, but coach Trent Robinson will be the man left answering the questions if the deal goes sour.

“Robbo will be at the coal face, but with that club Nick Politis makes every single big move,” Mason said.

“(Politis) won’t face any cameras. He will sit there and make these moves and everyone else has got to deal with it.”

Mason says when he signed with the Roosters in 2008 the entire deal was done through Politis. It was all Politis he signed us all. Me, Braith, Nate, Shrek, SBW. He wanted us to bring our Bulldog culture to Bondi. He tried to get Israel Folau, Thurston, and he nearly got me before I joined the Bulldogs. He also made a play for Wayne Bennett and Craig Bellamy. Politis once said at our end of year function, he wants to make the Roosters the Real Madrid of the NRL.

Now he fears the pursuit of Cronk could tear the culture of the club apart.

The ramifications of Cronk’s signing are already being laid bare with the news of Pearce wanting out.

Cronk brings another level of experience and leadership with him, but Mason fears it could mean nothing if his arrival pushes other players out.

Mason says other Roosters players may not respect Cronk as much if his signing costs them Pearce.

“I’m not sure how he’s going to put himself in that locker room, enforce himself and tell Friendy (Jake Friend) and those other guys that are going to have in the back of their head ‘you’re only here because you flicked one of my best mates’,” Mason said.

“We’ve heard rumours Pearce wants out ... maybe Friend wants out? It could start a revolt.

“That playing group has been together for about six or seven years, the main playing group — Friend, Pearce, Boyd Cordner.

“They’ve won premierships together, so when you slide in there like Cooper Cronk is now, it’s just the worst situation for him.”

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I like how Willie said the Roosters brought all those players from us because they wanted to bring OUR culture to bondi. Fuck off Politis u can't buy culture, just goes to show how good the culture was at the Dogs back in the day. Hopefully we get back to it.

Also i hope this whole deal backfires on the Rooster big time then i can say...that's what u get!!

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Yes he is.. unfortunately I cant like my own post but some of Willies quotes are GOLD.
Yep he's a good commentator in regards to off field issues which impact on field performance... gives a good insight into the clubs he has played for and how they tick. He always has interesting things to say and he doesn't mince words.

Last edited:

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Politis wants the Rorters to be the Real Madrid of the NRL......what with, LOL? Two hundred closet supporters?
Wasting your time and money Nick!!!!
You should join with Manly since you both want to BUY premierships!!

Last edited:

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I like how Willie said the Roosters brought all those players from us because they wanted to bring OUR culture to bondi. Fuck off Politis u can't buy culture, just goes to show how good the culture was at the Dogs back in the day. Hopefully we get back to it.

Also i hope this whole deal backfires on the Rooster big time then i can say...that's what u get!!
Thats why I dont get how our own fans In our forum stated they would cheer the Rorter$ come finals time..

If as fans we should dislike any team its the Rorters with Parra Dragons for historical geographical reasons

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I agree, I am no Pearce fan but it's not right what Politis is doing. Pearce has a premiership, 10 years and about 240 FG games at the Rorters and this is your treatment??

bulldog butch

Kennel Established
Reaction score
just with regards with Willie mason, I always thought of him as a bit of a tosser over the years especially when he left the dogs. I live in the country, and guess after hearing about him in the media all the time, that's what gave me the impression...... anyways I went to brookie to watch a dogs game in willies last year at manly.... the dogs won and after the game we went to where the buses were waiting for the players.... all the players were great with the crowd waiting for them, signing autographs and pics etc before getting on the buses..... but Willie stayed back by him self and he was so good! talking and joking around with all different groups of people and supporters... he was so relaxed and easy going.... I no I'm off topic but I have so much respect for him after that night......

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
just with regards with Willie mason, I always thought of him as a bit of a tosser over the years especially when he left the dogs. I live in the country, and guess after hearing about him in the media all the time, that's what gave me the impression...... anyways I went to brookie to watch a dogs game in willies last year at manly.... the dogs won and after the game we went to where the buses were waiting for the players.... all the players were great with the crowd waiting for them, signing autographs and pics etc before getting on the buses..... but Willie stayed back by him self and he was so good! talking and joking around with all different groups of people and supporters... he was so relaxed and easy going.... I no I'm off topic but I have so much respect for him after that night......
Could be wrong but I think Mason is one of those last brigade with character. In the PC word that now dominates certain elements now look to supress anyone that is not a correct robot. Once upon a time he would have been branded as an aussie larrikin perhaps? I always liked Mason, memories of him with the fro and of course a premiership. Watching that show he does of late where they don't hold back is refreshing. I am anti PC myself, it's stolen the Aussie fair go attitude.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I would usually agree with you guys about a situation like this but Roosters don't owe Pearce anything. They have given him chance after chance. And tbh for a 240 game halfback that has played for NSW and on close to a million, he has only kicked ONE field goal to win a match and that was this year, he isn't a match winner and Cronk is.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I thought he came across really well in Hells Kitchen too. The GF final result was dodgy and his team lost, but he came up with a pearler when questioned by Marco Pierre White he replied haven't lost a grand final yet.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I would usually agree with you guys about a situation like this but Roosters don't owe Pearce anything. They have given him chance after chance. And tbh for a 240 game halfback that has played for NSW and on close to a million, he has only kicked ONE field goal to win a match and that was this year, he isn't a match winner and Cronk is.
I agree

You'd have to be a really really thick backroom staff or player who wouldn't want Cronk just to appease Pearce.

I'm sure the players themselves know that with Cronk they have a much better chance at winning the premiership.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Politis once said at our end of year function, he wants to make the Roosters the Real Madrid of the NRL.
Pffft... let them be the Fake Madrid scum of the NRL. We'll be the better team, Barca!

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agreed. I just find the way Rorters do business is shit.

With Bouris on the board, wouldn't surprise me if that Mosman mortgage has an interest rate starting with a 1...

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

With Bouris on the board, wouldn't surprise me if that Mosman mortgage has an interest rate starting with a 1...
Bouris is a dodgy fucker... Yellow Brick Road is a dodgy as fuck company, which is finally getting clamped down on (a bit) after years of dodgy and poor work

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score

That dodgy jahesh grew up in Punchbowl, deep into the heart of Bulldog territory. She should be one of us, thankfully he's not.

Status
Not open for further replies.