Will these people always be a bum?

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was talking to this younger couple recently.. everytime I spoke to them they said they were always working, multiple jobs and saving to buy their first house.. I thought to myself, they may look mediocre but they seem to have their heads screwed on correctly, doing their best to save up and buy a house.

This went on for a few months..

Then all of a sudden I see them both driving a Mercedes... Each... Not top of the range, but maybe worth $50-60k each.

It seems to me they decided to "show up" and impress people rather than keep saving for the house.. throw their deposit off a cliff

I know it's hard to get into the market but you gotta keep trying.. can't just get a knock back from the bank and then say, ok I'm out I'll go buy the best car I can and "show up" today but be a bum for the rest of their lives..

It's like this couple we're slowly climbing a mountain, step after step , inch by inch but then just turn around and in a moment of madness leap off into the abyss .. into the rough? just give up.

Those Mercedes will depreciate and be worth nothing soon and then what do they have to show for themselves? Just to "show up" for 5 mins today and be someone in a Mercedes? Life is not a 5 minute walk.. I just shook my head.

Will they always be bums? Do you know people that will always be a bum?

Last edited:

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Why are they bums? Bums are those like me suckered into buying a home and paying back the bank hundreds of thousands in interest.

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
I was talking to this younger couple recently.. everytime I spoke to them they said they were always working, multiple jobs and saving to buy their first house.. I thought to myself, they may look mediocre but they seem to have their heads screwed on correctly, doing their best to save up and buy a house.

This went on for a few months..

Then all of a sudden I see them both driving a Mercedes... Each... Not top of the range, but maybe worth $50-60k each.

It seems to me they decided to "show up" and impress people rather than keep saving for the house.. throw their deposit off a cliff

I know it's hard to get into the market but you gotta keep trying.. can't just get a knock back from the bank and then say, ok I'm out I'll go buy the best car I can and "show up" today but be a bum for the rest of their lives..

It's like this couple we're slowly climbing a mountain, step after step , inch by inch but then just turn around and in a moment of madness leap off into the abyss .. into the rough? just give up.

Those Mercedes will depreciate and be worth nothing soon and then what do they have to show for themselves? Just to "show up" for 5 mins today and be someone in a Mercedes? Life is not a 5 minute walk.. I just shook my head.

Will they always be bums? Do you know people that will always be a bum?
The world is full of temptations of short term gratification. The problem is that there is so much money being put into marketing these days, the the marketing has gotten so smart that it plays into peoples psychology and actually changes their thinking.

There are so many companies out there these days out to take your money, and so little guiding people to make the right financial decision.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why are they bums? Bums are those like me suckered into buying a home and paying back the bank hundreds of thousands in interest.
But you enjoy the capital growth of the house? Yes? It far outstrips the interest.

Let's go back 10 years... If you decided it's all too hard and bought a Mercedes then, where would you be today? Driving a 10 year old clunker worth nothing or with a house that has gone up at least $500,000?

That will be this couple in 10 years.. laughed at with their his and hers old Mercedes, but no house. Bums forever.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So from one conversation and one observation you've deducted this couple have abandoned their plans of a house, thrown their life savings away, blown their money on cars and will be bums for the rest of their lives. Where were you when Lynda Chamberlain cried Dingo?

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
You make more threads about home owners vs renters than I make about Adam Elliott....lol

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So from one conversation and one observation you've deducted this couple have abandoned their plans of a house, thrown their life savings away, blown their money on cars and will be bums for the rest of their lives. Where were you when Lynda Chamberlain cried Dingo?
It's not obvious enough to you? One moment they are doing all they can to save a buck, saying they want to buy their first home, next moment they both show up in a Mercedes each? That reckless act Would sure help them buy a house wouldn't it?

Your not much of a Detective are you?

It don't take Albert Einstein to see they gave up and abandoned their dreams of a better life. To "show up" for the next year or so and be big.

But to the trained eye, we know they will end up small. Very small