Will the Bulldogs Retain Paul Alamoti

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hopefully he stays. Good young kid.

We aren’t short of coin. Gus has confirmed that at our meetings. We got multiple millions to spend and I’d imagine a few kids like him and Preston and maybe averilo get a small pay upgrade for him. Though I’d expect a couple marquee signings and critta is 1 and maybe hunt turns out to be the other.

Haas is a must if we can and I’d go all in for 2025 as he’s contracted 2024. From there we are very healthy even if we only have hunt for a couple years.

Probably don’t get either of hint or haas but hey dreams are free haha
That sounds encouraging. I can’t see us losing Paul, he’s so promising and we haven’t invested this heavily in him just to let him fuck off to the cowboys.

Gotta ask - when have you had those meetings with Gus? Has he divulged much else?

jamma01

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If I'm being honest I don't think he will be the superstar most thought he would including me.

In saying that he is much better as a right centre and the loss of Ado Carr affected him alot. I would definitely keep him but we will move on if he goes.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Gus removed Schoup in no time if he doesn’t want Alamoti he will be gone season end to.

Dogzzz of War

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All comes down to the money
If he gets a silly offer from elsewhere we can’t make the same mistakes as before. I would be comfortable paying him 300-350k a year. Any more and it’s a gamble on his future potential. I think Averillo is in the same boat, 300-350k player.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Just realised he doesn't look like a Paul lol

lovemachine

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He is an asshole.
Now a disloyal asshole no matter what Nate Dog says.

also we have Avo, Xerri, Skelton and this Ethan Q kid why do we need the turtle?
If cheap who cares but if he wants cash get him off.
Worst centre that actually gets praise I’ve ever seen

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is Alamotti signed next year ?

If so he is not allowed to speak to clubs until November 1. So either :

a) The cowboys are breaking the rules or :
b) He has been given permission to negotiate

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

He’s off contract this year

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

He’s off contract this year.

Also I think people don’t understand the ‘rules’.

A player can sit down and talk to any club at any point throughout their contract. There’s no rule preventing that.

What can’t be done is a club cannot offer a formal contract.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
His manager hasn't done his job if he is not meeting with other clubs. But given his strong family bond and the fact he is one of 7 or 9 kids with a single parent, I highly doubt a move up here to north QLD is on the cards. He is a bulldogs junior, and a bulldogs fan, can't see him leaving if there's an opportunity to stay. I guess we will see.

Cheng

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
His manager hasn't done his job if he is not meeting with other clubs. But given his strong family bond and the fact he is one of 7 or 9 kids with a single parent, I highly doubt a move up here to north QLD is on the cards. He is a bulldogs junior, and a bulldogs fan, can't see him leaving if there's an opportunity to stay. I guess we will see.
Isnt far NQ a shithole?

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Dat SC signing... :mask:

NQ probably offering a 4 yr 2 mil contract. Atm he is worth 350k but one day will be worth double that.

Tough decision for both parties.

We SHOULDNT lose him!

Probably all hinges on the Avo signing and how much he takes. Both are good players but i would be leaning towards PA at this point.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He’s off contract this year.

Also I think people don’t understand the ‘rules’.

A player can sit down and talk to any club at any point throughout their contract. There’s no rule preventing that.

What can’t be done is a club cannot offer a formal contract.
All good. I thought he was signed next year but obviously not.

Looks like its either him or Averillo

Brizdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
He is a liability in defence at times. His future is in the forwards, so not too concerned if he goes

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We’ve got cap space and top 30 spots to burn next year.
if we want him, he’ll stay. if he goes, it’s because we didn’t want him.
The media will try to paint it as a big miss, but in reality this is our decision to make.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've heard a rumour that Raiders are after Averillo to replace Wighton @ 5/8. Can't believe I'll have to support the Raiders next year :rage:
Averillo with 66 games under his belt is now maturing into the seasoned 1st grade player a lot of us knew he’d become … him playing @ 6 with Ciraldo’s trust and with a pick and stick continued coaching mentality … I believe he would develop into one of the leagues premier attacking 6’s over the next 12/24 months ..

Have a look at the way he swept along the Titans defensive line to keep the ball alive that eventually led to Ox scoring that winning try last week … he now has the confidence to be an out and out 6 … if they let him go they’re crazy ..

Here’s our club struggling to score points and one of our most potent attacking weapons is stuck at right centre ..

It’s Ciraldo’s biggest mistake I feel …