Will the Bulldogs Retain Paul Alamoti

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seen this floating around, anyone have any solid info on this ?

Not sure we need to retrain him though ?

Image1685005612.955152.jpg

Image1685005669.091575.jpg

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Bulldogs Battling To Retain Paul Alamoti After Cowboys Meeting.
Telegraph Sport

Canterbury is under pressure to retrain boom centre Paul Alamoti after the teenage prodigy held a secret meeting with North Queensland as he looks to secure a contract beyond next season.

Alamoti, hailed as the next superstar to emerge from the Bulldogs’ junior ranks, is yet to agree to a new contract with Canterbury with the club yet to secure the local product or fellow centre Jake Averillo.

Canterbury’s inability to lock Alamoti down has left him vulnerable to poaching raids from rivals and it is understood the Cowboys have been among the first to strike. North Queensland held a meeting with Alamoti and his family at Club Rivers in Riverwood in Southwest Sydney on Wednesday afternoon.

North Queensland coach Todd Payten, football boss Micheal Luck and recruitment boss Dane Campbell - in town for Friday night’s game against Parramatta – met with Alamoti and his family as the Cowboys step up attempts to replace the departing Peta Hiku. Hiku will join the Hull KR next year on a three year deal.

The Bulldogs remain confident they will be able to tie down Alamoti and Averillo – who share the same management stable - but at least one may be squeezed out if Canterbury’s salary cap situation bites.

Aside from their starting centre pairing they are yet to make a call on the futures of Braidon Burns. Corey Waddell, Nu Brown, Jayden Okunbor, Kyle Flanagan or Luke Thompson

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everyone is just recycling the same story from some guys tweet that he met Payton at a mythical RSL in Beverley Hills.
Think we will only lose him if club is happy to.
Might be more to it, Payton was just down here to play the Tigers ..

I haven’t seen any info on TK about it.

No DJDeep social media copy and paste thread yet …

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Another kennel appointed future great leaving the club. 0/1000 this website is with who they rate as a decent footballer

Weak Gutted Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would like to keep Alamoti.

Does this also mean we didn’t sign Sele from south’s.
As they are cousins right.
I thought that would have been part of the appeal.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
With the amount of outside backs we already have signed for 2024. I don’t think we will sign many if any at all of the off contract backs. I think bothe Alamoti & Averillo will be in other colours next year

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Like always club > player, If the club decides to stick with him great, If not getting angry won’t change that.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Hopefully he stays. Good young kid.

We aren’t short of coin. Gus has confirmed that at our meetings. We got multiple millions to spend and I’d imagine a few kids like him and Preston and maybe averilo get a small pay upgrade for him. Though I’d expect a couple marquee signings and critta is 1 and maybe hunt turns out to be the other.

Haas is a must if we can and I’d go all in for 2025 as he’s contracted 2024. From there we are very healthy even if we only have hunt for a couple years.

Probably don’t get either of hint or haas but hey dreams are free haha

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Oh deat.....I'm not going to lose any sleep but.