Will the Bulldogs Retain Paul Alamoti

dawso047

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Avo should be moved to 1, Pehram offers to little in attack, all be it Avo is better centre than fullback.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Averillo with 66 games under his belt is now maturing into the seasoned 1st grade player a lot of us knew he’d become … him playing @ 6 with Ciraldo’s trust and with a pick and stick continued coaching mentality … I believe he would develop into one of the leagues premier attacking 6’s over the next 12/24 months ..

Have a look at the way he swept along the Titans defensive line to keep the ball alive that eventually led to Ox scoring that winning try last week … he now has the confidence to be an out and out 6 … if they let him go they’re crazy ..

Here’s our club struggling to score points and one of our most potent attacking weapons is stuck at right centre ..

It’s Ciraldo’s biggest mistake I feel …
You're not wrong but FB would suit the team better.. You could keep Ala at left centre and play SC in his natural right centre. If anything this is where CC missed the boast in my opinion.

Really should be

Avo
JAC
Ala
Crighton
Kiraz

Last edited:

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're not wrong but FB would suit the team better.. You could keep Ala at left centre and play SC in his natural right centre. If anything this is where CC missed the boast in my opinion.

Really should be

Avo
JAC
Ala
Crighton
Kiraz
I agree with this, I just can’t see them playing SC at centre ..

And if that’s the case … why can’t we have

9 Mahoney
6 Averillo
7 Burton
1 Crichton

Alamoti (right centre)
Xerri. (Left centre)

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I agree with this, I just can’t see them playing SC at centre ..

And if that’s the case … why can’t we have

9 Mahoney
6 Averillo
7 Burton
1 Crichton

Alamoti (right centre)
Xerri. (Left centre)
We can.. but Xerri will not be ready round 1. In saying that could play Kiraz at centre and Wilson wing. Also KO could easily slip Into a bench utility role.

Plenty of options..

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We can.. but Xerri will not be ready round 1. In saying that could play Kiraz at centre and Wilson wing. Also KO could easily slip Into a bench utility role.

Plenty of options..
Makes sense … I like the Kiraz right centre - Wilson wing combo .. full preseason, that could be lethal .. Kiraz has the running and power game to get good ball to Wilson ..

Wilson
Kiraz
Preston

JAC
Alamoti
Kikau

I just don’t see how they’re not seeing Averillo as a 6 … in a team struggling to put points on the board he’d be lethal in that position ..

I know he’s scoring good try’s at centre but in the 6 he can score just as many and also set up those around him to put on twice as many ..

Passing game, speed to burn, good step, and something he doesn’t get a lot of credit for is he supports really well.

Anyway that’s just our thoughts .. coach knows best and maybe sees things we don’t ..

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He hasn’t exactly set the world on fire nor have I seen anything to suggest he will be a gun superstar. Same hype with Schouppe.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I've heard a rumour that Raiders are after Averillo to replace Wighton @ 5/8. Can't believe I'll have to support the Raiders next year :rage:
Raiders are silly, they should be chasing Connor Tracey and Ben Hunt. Averillo proven he is a centre.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Averillo, Burns, Xerri, Skelton all ahead of Alamoti. He isn't staying for depth
Alamoti has more potential than all of them.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Jake has been outstanding this year. Right centre is his spot.
Literally nothing to do with my post & no he hasn’t been outstanding. His defense needs a lot of work.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Unfortunately I don't think his best position is at centre. He's just far too slow as a centre. Sure he has impressive power but I think his spot will eventually be at 2nd row....unless he goes to a team like the storm we're he will kill it at centre

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Literally nothing to do with my post & no he hasn’t been outstanding. His defense needs a lot of work.
Lol outstanding....wouldn’t go that far...let’s see him play well against the elite teams with big robust centres running at him

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don't know why people are obsessed with Alamoti not being a sprint champion. Neither was Willie Talau and that worked out okay. Neither is Talakai or Penisini who I see Alamoti as a similar style of player to, just not as good yet..

His carries are getting tougher. He's breaking more tackles as he goes along. His defense needs work, sometimes he has shockers and other times puts on big hits and makes important cover tackles.. He can draw and pass.. He has a lot of potential. He's only 19 and is just scratching the surface. Just be patient with him and the other youngsters.

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Gut feeling is Avo signs multiple year extension and Alamoti signs 1yr. I reckon Gus and Alamoti likely to see how the 2024 season plays out with the centre position given competition from Kiraz, Xerri, the new Broncos recruit and lesser extent Crichton because he’s probably No.1.

amapusae

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry, if it’s between him and Avo, avo wins any day. Don’t like letting local juniors go but he won’t be starting next year at this rate. It’s only right by him to let him go somewhere he can play first grade