Will RL die or stay alive?

khan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know its all speculation and confusion with everything that is going on but i highly doubt this game will survive through bad administration past and present, the true face of RL is getting exposed thanks to the "covid19".

Jai81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
you cant kill rugby league, its so many people in Australia's number 1 sport!!
yes it will take a big blow but it will never die!

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
It will survive. Hopefully Manly don’t

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
There will need to bbe a lot of belt tightening.

For a sport with a $1.7B broadcast deal, it will have to learn how to put some away in the future. Players will have to stop their demands for higher % of revenues.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
It's inevitable that at some stage this season the competition will be halted.
I think there'd be a 2 to 3 month period where the comp shuts down, coming back up in time with a modified final few rounds and finals system to close out the system.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It will be fine even if they lose the rest of the season. Fox and Nine won't let it die because they'll be in massive trouble themselves without the ratings that NRL gives them.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It shouldn't be close to folding. The administration of the game are the worst financial managers in the world if they haven't built a sizeable chunk of capital to tide them over. Either that or they've robbed the game blind with huge wages and bonuses for the administration,i which case, if the NRL does die, I think that another competition which is better run will pop up.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I think the betting agencies will make sure it doesn't die otherwise they'll stand to lose a lot of money.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My theorie no. Because everyone will be on the same level everyone is gonna be affected financially I think tradies on small businesses may be the best out of this outcome we work in smal groups . Rl will survive it’s media scare tactics

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nrl is one of the only sports still playing professionally in the world they are gonna make a fuck tonne of Lo eh this weekend because everyone Will be watching on tv . As soon as you tune in and a add is played when they hit certain targets for viewers of an ad channel 9 and fox receive more
cokn

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I'll put in perspective for you...

Back in 2010 shortly after Spain won the Soccer World Cup, FC Barcelona were in debt €500,000,000 - that's right, half a billion EUROS. They ought so many of the of the topc players in the world (who's price would've increased after the World Cup) and also had to re-sign players who were off contract, and did so without a care in the world. Did they declare bankruptcy? No. Why? Because Nike bailed them out. Nike make that much money of them by selling Barcelona merchandise, that they will never let them die.

That's how it works in the business world. No matter poor managed or run a team is, if another entity can make money off them, they'll save them.

Betting companies here will never let the NRL die because of how much money they'll make off them.

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The whole world is melting down as no one was prepared for something like this.

It’s fucken awesome.