Will Lynne Anderson and the board step in this season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Whilst I generally agree with you, in that, the board's job is to set up the systems etc, and you don't want a Russell Crowe type situation (or any situation where an owner micro manages), but they also need to keep Pay in check.
I agree.
But I’m sure they have set KPA’s and will have a mid-season review of the progress.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Andrew Farrar is Pays boss (Director of Football) at the club. Andrew answers directly to Andrew Hill.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
They said they will be a proactive board and not reactive. Well, almost a third of the way through the season and we cannot score a well executed, non-fluke try to save our lives. If I was Lynne, I'd have a quiet word with Pay in the back office and say "listen mate, if you think we're improving, then you're fucked"

I would then proceed to offer Bellamy 2.5 mill a year to coach us through this mess
So you want the board to coach the team?

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I know. There isn't anyone on this site that is happy that we lost but the largest single complaint over the past 6 weeks has been our lack of dogs of war mentality in defence. Well the hottest backline in the comp was kept scoreless for 75 mins and that's not good enough. What happened to all the 'defence wins games' bullshit that everyone was banging on about? Now its the old favourites. Woods doesn't run or offload (200m) Klemm is soft (200m) Mbye doesn't do enough (200m) Foran went missing (tackled his heart out and would've scored under the posts in the first half if Moz's pass had stuck) and when all else fails lets just dump on Elliott (only 60m but still made 24 tackles in his two stints and ran with aggression). Funny how now Eastwood is back to his old self its like everyone has forgotten he even plays. Just need new targets I guess. I have more confidence we are going to have a good season now than I did at the start of the season. All they have to do is keep building. We have plenty of attacking options and once it gels we will be fine.
I tend to agree mate. I would have liked to see Foran take a bit more control last night, but he still did some good things and has been among our best this year..... I think Lichaa looked to be in two minds a bit and stalled the play on a few occasions... I think our backs need to follow our forwards and halves more and look for passes and offloads when we break the line....

Definitely things to work on, but we’ve certainly improved and I don’t think the effort can be questioned. I don’t think things are anywhere near as bad as people are making out.

I think the effort is there and we’re trying new things and sometimes change takes time....

Last edited:

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think the biggest failure was JMK. He is quite simply not a 1/2. Maybe put him on the bench. Who to play at 1/2 is the riddle.
Theres Frawley or Cleeland. Maybe think about Lewis to replace Hopoate.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know. There isn't anyone on this site that is happy that we lost but the largest single complaint over the past 6 weeks has been our lack of dogs of war mentality in defence. Well the hottest backline in the comp was kept scoreless for 75 mins and that's not good enough. What happened to all the 'defence wins games' bullshit that everyone was banging on about? Now its the old favourites. Woods doesn't run or offload (200m) Klemm is soft (200m) Mbye doesn't do enough (200m) Foran went missing (tackled his heart out and would've scored under the posts in the first half if Moz's pass had stuck) and when all else fails lets just dump on Elliott (only 60m but still made 24 tackles in his two stints and ran with aggression). Funny how now Eastwood is back to his old self its like everyone has forgotten he even plays. Just need new targets I guess. I have more confidence we are going to have a good season now than I did at the start of the season. All they have to do is keep building. We have plenty of attacking options and once it gels we will be fine.
Gee you’re easily pleased! How you can be happy and satisfied with that effort & result beggars belief. There was no support play for the ball carrier last night & the Roosters lapped it up, we could have played for another 80minutes & we wouldn’t have breached their line with that attack. The Roosters are the hottest backline in the comp? I’ve watched all their games this year; bar Mitchell, Ferguson & Keary they’re an ordinary backline, bring outscored by the Dragons,Warriors Panthers & even the sea eagles. They have conceded 4tries per game by the Warriors& Rabbitohs,& been kept to 1&2 tries respectively. I would call then tepid.While I agree Eastwood, RFM, Klemmer, Elliott, & the Morris twins played well, I’m very concerned Foran is plagued with lower back/hamstring issues he looks to have limited range of movement effecting his agility & more concern speed off the mark. Lichaa I must say was poor in his distribution. Unfortunately JJ has to play on the same side as Foran & Hopoate & at the moment this along with the captaincy is affecting his form.
There’s a lot to build on I don’t see where there is improvement in our attack looking through our roster. Realistically we’re a bottom 4 side.
If we had half the potential you suggest we should have won last nights match by 20 with the majority of possession & field position.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Klemm has had 10 tackle busts and 6 off loads already this year. Kind of destroys your argument doesn't it.......
Which fuckin games are u watching,he managed 1 offload tonight ,4th in 2 years,every prop in the game ,does what he does only better,look when he runs doesn’t look for supports doesn’t swerve takes an eternity to play the ball,&his mate woods wow $800k what a fuckin waste these 2 are

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
Jesus. Some of theses threads are just getting dumber and dumber. People who obviously have no idea acting like the club should be run like career mode on some PlayStation game. It’s not as simple as just “clearing out the deadwood” ffs. The vast majority of our cap is tied up in that deadwood until 2020 so if we clear it out what then? Replace them with bargain basement players and then listen to fans bitch about our recruitment?

Facts are facts. We’ve spent the last 5 years forgetting how to play football. What comes naturally to some teams has been well and truly coached out of us. Our ad lib play is virtually no existent and we still think about setting up for the next play before the ball is dead on the existing play. Even though Pay is trying new things when unfortunately when you’re fatigued you go to what you know and what comes naturally. Unfortunately for this squad that’s Desball and it will be a long time before that isn’t the case.

Secondly Des’ total disregard for developing younger players will be evident for years to come. With no genuine stars coming through nyc we will be reliant on bargain basement fringe first grader she for some time. Gone are the days when we had guys like mason, Maitua, Thurston, Myles, Jackson, Mbye, Finucane, Klemmer etc ready to step up into first grade.

Finally, yes our attack sucked but the Roosters were super pumped about their defence following the embarrassing bunnies loss. At the end of the day it came down to one pathetic attempt at a jersey grab from Hoppa that was the difference. The effort was there and when you simply don’t have the cattle to match it with the heavy weights that’s all you can hope for.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
Whilst i wouldn't want to see the board micro managing, i would like them to kick Pay up the arse. We don;t want another alleged "coach controls everything" situation.
Seriously wtf are you talking about? He’s a few months in nd has 5 years of damage to undo. From your explicit knowledge of his methods what warrants a kick up the arse?

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
They said they will be a proactive board and not reactive. Well, almost a third of the way through the season and we cannot score a well executed, non-fluke try to save our lives. If I was Lynne, I'd have a quiet word with Pay in the back office and say "listen mate, if you think we're improving, then you're fucked"

I would then proceed to offer Bellamy 2.5 mill a year to coach us through this mess
Dumb

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It would be the smart choice if they want to move forward. Roster needs an overhaul and need some spark in attack
And how do you suggest they fix this mess? Perhaps they should just terminate all of the contracts that the old board signed. Yeah why not? Then they can go to Court after they're sued for breach of contract.

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I’m really happy for you. I wish I could accept mediocrity as well as you do.

In response to your comment: how does a new board, CEO and 2 international players make you get WORSE in attack? Pathetic excuse as we are a full off season and 7 rounds in. Boards and ceos have squat to do with the footy.

Next you talk about smith and slater. They are fucking 35. Stop using men who are nearly 40 as an excuse. Plus they won the comp so they deserve any leeway they can get. And as for the roosters, we had ALL the possession against them and scored 0. Maybe they also have a coaching problem with their star lineup but if that’s what you wanna discuss, go to the chook pen.

A third of the way through the season, and no matter how you spin it, Pay has been a dud with his structures, game plan, rotations and until he proves otherwise, the team will continue to lose. I’m happy that you are enjoying the effort though
Moronic comments. Get off the drugs.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I wanna know what Andrew Hill is doing? Barely heard from him since he's been in the job.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
BELLAMY LOL. He was NOTHING without the Big 3 at his club. Even with just one of them gone (Cronk) the Storm look average. They lost to the Tigers FFS.
Yeh they looked bog average tonight too
Cooper who??
How goods Cronk going at the jewsters huh

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Team selections
Line speed
Support play
Cross field kick
Passing from the freaking ground
Torpedo bombs

It doesn’t matter what caliber player u have the above 5 skills should be implemented at fg level (excl team selections)

In relation to team selections every player should be accountable and his position not safe regardless of the result.

I

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Jesus. Some of theses threads are just getting dumber and dumber. People who obviously have no idea acting like the club should be run like career mode on some PlayStation game. It’s not as simple as just “clearing out the deadwood” ffs. The vast majority of our cap is tied up in that deadwood until 2020 so if we clear it out what then? Replace them with bargain basement players and then listen to fans bitch about our recruitment?

Facts are facts. We’ve spent the last 5 years forgetting how to play football. What comes naturally to some teams has been well and truly coached out of us. Our ad lib play is virtually no existent and we still think about setting up for the next play before the ball is dead on the existing play. Even though Pay is trying new things when unfortunately when you’re fatigued you go to what you know and what comes naturally. Unfortunately for this squad that’s Desball and it will be a long time before that isn’t the case.

Secondly Des’ total disregard for developing younger players will be evident for years to come. With no genuine stars coming through nyc we will be reliant on bargain basement fringe first grader she for some time. Gone are the days when we had guys like mason, Maitua, Thurston, Myles, Jackson, Mbye, Finucane, Klemmer etc ready to step up into first grade.

Finally, yes our attack sucked but the Roosters were super pumped about their defence following the embarrassing bunnies loss. At the end of the day it came down to one pathetic attempt at a jersey grab from Hoppa that was the difference. The effort was there and when you simply don’t have the cattle to match it with the heavy weights that’s all you can hope for.
You can whinge and moan about our quality of player for the next 2 years but the fact of the matter is that a team like the tigers with an inferior roster are killing it after a complete rebuild that was greater than ours in terms of player overhaul. Cleary has them playing the basics at speed and the players know what they have to fucking do in attack and not just run fucked up lines or no lines at all. Even our bunch of duds should be able to play to a set structure.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No I want the board to remind Pay that he can’t chuck a des Hasler and get away with it ie. do the same dumb shit every game expecting a different result.
And you know they haven't done this, how?

Status
Not open for further replies.