Will Hansen get the flick ?

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Depends, I'm not sure what his role is. I think it was never really clear

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think if he had on been here physically he would have been good, especially for the Islander boys. But it just doesn't work over zoom.
Yeah it was never going to amount to anything without him being here regularly.. It was a confusing arrangement. I'm glad it's over.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think if he had on been here physically he would have been good, especially for the Islander boys. But it just doesn't work over zoom.
Besides the mystique of being an All Blacks coach , I'm not sure that he would have any impact on this generation of Pasifika players. Especially the Australian born ones.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Besides the mystique of being an All Blacks coach , I'm not sure that he would have any impact on this generation of Pasifika players. Especially the Australian born ones.
I think he just knows how to communicate with them. And given they make up a lot of the NRL players, that would have been good.

Doge

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Make him Interim Coach and he can start paying us back for the wage he’s been stealing.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think he just knows how to communicate with them. And given they make up a lot of the NRL players, that would have been good.
I think he is a great coach who had the best Rugby players in the world in his team. It was not a coaching role with us. Not sure an old pakeha bloke connects with a Samoan kid from Western Sydney.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Pauline Hansen may win a few seats they reckon..

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
How do you give someone the flick when they were never really involved in the first place?

I'm glad we won't have to hear about Hansens aura anymore. He might be a great Rugby coach but he clearly didn't help Baz out at all. Some guru..
Maybe there was too much rugby in our play - it would explain why we release the ball after a tackle.

halfcast

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
All Blacks legend..as a coach..being a consultant is just collecting cash

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The arrangement may have worked with a mid range club that needed a bit more support and reinforcing of a successful coaching presence as a bonus to get them focussed.

We are well below that level.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hope so. OBVIOUSLY f..king useless.

How much are we paying him to do f..king video chats ? He can't even be f..ked to turn up in person. The players would be better off doing an online video course by motivator Anthony Robbins. Probably cheaper too.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Sick of people using this club as a cash cow going back to Haslers’ days. The club needs a decent coach and assistants and the rest will look after itself.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How do you give someone the flick when they were never really involved in the first place?

I'm glad we won't have to hear about Hansens aura anymore. He might be a great Rugby coach but he clearly didn't help Baz out at all. Some guru..
download.jpeg-1.jpg

About as much of a guru as this fella :laughing:

Said it all along **** was a ghost, w.o.f.t.a.m even.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I'm glad it's over.
Is it?
I haven’t heard anything confirming this.
Hansen might just prove that he wasn’t there for Barrett he’s there for the largesse…

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Is it?
I haven’t heard anything confirming this.
Hansen might just prove that he wasn’t there for Barrett he’s there for the largesse…
We don't know yet but I'm assuming it is though. He's Baz's mate. I doubt the club would want to continue whatever the relationship or "consultancy" was or that Hansen would even want to without Baz there..