Wigans Sam and Joel Tomkins in trouble over bar abuse video.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score

http://wiganwarriors.com/news/2018-06-03-club-statement

Following a video appearing on social media over the weekend, Joel Tomkins has been stepped down immediately from team selection for 4 weeks. During this period further investigation into the circumstances surrounding the incident will take place, as will discussions regarding Joel’s long-term future at the Club. He has been fined £10,000.

Sam Tomkins has been fined £5,000.

Executive Director Kris Radlinski commented:

“I was pretty disgusted at the video that I saw on Saturday evening. Our players know and fully understand the role that they have to play within the community and to see two of our high profile, senior players behave in such a way, disappointed me greatly.

“They aren’t just role models for the young kids in the town, they’re role models for the younger players in the squad. It is impossible to put a strong culture in place if players you trust to drive those standards act in such a way.

“All players are allowed periods of downtime but know that they must act responsibly and in a manner fitting of a professional sportsman.

“Having spoken to both Joel and Sam this morning they both expressed shame and regret about their behaviour and the effects it has had on all of the individuals concerned. Both of them are fully aware that they have disrespected the Club and the town - and let themselves and their families down.”

The Club will be making no further comment upon this matter until the full investigation has been completed.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
One would have to assume Sam is safe, but I think Joel might be finding a new club based on that.

Absolutely no excuse for such actions.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I notice there was no apology to the bar staff.

In fact no mention of the women at all. "they have disrespected the Club and the town - and let themselves and their families down"

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
They paid the bar wench $1000 to delete the video and she did.. nek minnet it got uploaded.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
I didn’t understand a word they were saying.

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
Was everyone in the bar drunk out of their fking minds ? Or were we too far north?

sheep dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
One would have to assume Sam is safe, but I think Joel might be finding a new club based on that.

Absolutely no excuse for such actions.
New club like fuck how about a hole new way of life, what a **** he is

sheep dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I hope the fuck ends up behind a bar pouring drinks cause he shouldn't be back on the field

Status
Not open for further replies.