Wigan Warriors linked with move for Atoni

Jay76

Waterboy
Reaction score
Just came across this article, Wigan Warriors linked with move for Canterbury Bulldogs powerhouse, suggesting Atoni's going to super league...

Wigan Warriors linked with move for Canterbury Bulldogs powerhouse

Matthew Shaw

Wigan Warriors are closing in on the signing of Canterbury Bulldogs powerhouse Renouf Atoni, according to reports in Australia.
The Mole claims the Warriors have tabled a sizable offer for the 26-year-old, who has been one of the Bulldogs' standout performers during a difficult campaign.
Atoni, a prop, has been a mainstay in the Canterbury team since the start of last year and has made 11 appearances so far this season, scoring two tries.
The report claims Wigan have outbid the Bulldogs in their attempts to land the New Zealander, who is off-contract at the end of the season.
The Warriors' interest is no surprise. The club never replaced George Burgess after he was forced into medical retirement. Adrian Lam said before the season started that the club would be assessing its options but they have yet to add a reinforcement to the squad.
Tony Clubb will leave the club at the end of the season which further adds to Wigan's need to bolster their pack.
The Warriors have plenty of quota space, with one vacant position on their roster while Jackson Hastings is leaving at the end of the season.
As it stands, the Warriors have secured the signing of Leigh Centurions centre Iain Thornley and London Broncos winger Abbas Miski. Meanwhile, the club had also made a move for Leigh prop Nathan Mason, though that deal now appears to have stalled.

Bulldogsforlife23

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The dogs should be targeting isiah papali from eels for 2023 he’s only on 150k a season at eels and he’s right now I reckon the best second rower pls dogs make this happen if hes on 150k then offer him like 500k to 550k or even 600k just make this happen his a beast at defense and his runs are wow

Last edited:

Die For The Badge

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Don't know about you guys but I can't keep up with all the transfer news about the dogs. It's getting out of hand now. Every NRL player on the market has a DOGS interest against it.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A mainstay of the team,a powerhouse,has this guy even watched him play,he could be all of those things,but in reality he has done bugger all,good bye and good luck.

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When the Fark did george Burgess play for the warriors?

Nvm... it's late. And im a little slower than normal.

yearofthedogs2018

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Just read an article from Wigans head coach stating the club is not chasing Renouf and doesn’t plan to so I’m not too sure moley is on the money with this one

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW . This medical retirement thing is becoming a bit of a farce.
Its always been a farce. Sam Burgess nearly came back last year.

Nathan Ross from the knights is playing local league. Clubs just do it when older players can’t play to their contract value anymore. It’s bullshit. They pay older players overs to keep them and then retire them halfway through their deal.

If you sign a bloke and he gets injured then tough shit. It’s the same as signing a bloke who decides to not give a fuck 2 weeks into a 3 year deal.

I won’t name and shame but the person I am referring to rhymes with Gillon Sappa

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
F### you lot jump in like a pack of possessed hyenas to kick a bloke out the door…

News sounds genuine and it now makes sense why TB had him out of the squad all of a sudden a few weeks back… after we were monstered by Manly’s pack, TB realised he needs Atoni and Ogden for their size to avoid getting dominated.

Wishing Atoni all the best if true.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Adrian Lam (coach) denied they were signing him ~4 days ago. Moley has got a lot of things wrong. I remember Billy Britain, Corey Paix and probably multiple others. I think we're crazy not re-signing him (assuming it's for what he's worth), I hope we have a change of mind.