TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Didn’t he play some hooker

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No thanks..
I reckon they are quietly very confident of securing Matty for next season fuck these stopgap options release our gun to us early please Penriff..cheers.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Widdop is/was a really good player that unfortunately wasted his prime years at the Dragons (no offence) but it only really makes sense if the Panthers categorically rule out releasing Burton early AND Widdop is capable of playing fullback at this stage of his career... if so, then a bargain 2 year deal might make sense

ElMagic92

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He’d be chasing a longer contract. His family have been in Oz for a while without him, he’d want security and probably a back ended deal. 300K this year and more the next... pass

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
then the Tigers seem to be the best fit having let go of Benji Marshall and Brooks needing a consistent halves partner... and both Widdop and Maguire have come thru the Melbourne system

Woofwoof1980

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I’d take Widdop at $300k for one season in 21 over Benji if we don’t get Burton early.
I think he's looking for something longer. Still even on 900k for 3 seasons that is a bargain. I think its naive to think that even with Burton and Flanno in halves that they will stay fit and/ or form a good combo straight away. Adding Widdop for depth and more options is a no brainer for me.

Last edited:

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Widdop was a top tier player in the NRL but was hampered by plenty of injuries. Our doggies won’t make the finals without Burton or an experience half next season. So if Burton isn’t coming we have to go for Widdop

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’d take him m for that price.

if we get Burton he is brilliant back up and an experienced guy

if we don’t get Burton our halves are still solid

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Spent force way past his prime. No thanks.