Why you’ll never see any of our female stars getting wild on Mad Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Posting this here because it kind of has a shot at the dogs. I'm sure this article will enrage some people on here. I can't believe how much Mad Monday content is being thrown out there, but this...

@Mr Invisible if wrong move it.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/sport...y/news-story/7b20c3a0758ab27ccef08fe1af287bf4

REMEMBER the time the women’s netball team got so hammered at their end-of-season party that some of them got nude on a pub balcony, vomited all over the pavement, some had their photos on the front page of the paper and a couple of them were charged by police?

Remember that party? Nah, I don’t either.

What about all those female national sporting heroes in the headlines for getting too close to a dog, assaulting someone in a nightclub, or belting their partner?

I’m scratching my head over that too.

There are many reasons why female sports stars don’t carry on like idiots in their spare time. Maybe, in general, they have more class, dignity, foresight, intelligence and self respect than some of their male counterparts.

But I’ll give you at least one more reason. They can’t afford to carry on like idiots.

For many female sport stars, there is no Mad Monday. The Monday after the season ends is the day they have to go back to their real job. Paid a fraction of what the boys are, many female stars don’t have the luxury of kicking up their heels, or in this case, their footy boots.

The Women’s NRL Premiership kicks off this weekend, but one recruit to the competition has said she’s had to take seven weeks of leave from her job as a legal assistant, just to play.

“Luckily I’ve got some savings as well and the Dragons have helped me find a job at a local cafe,” Annette Brander told the Illawarra Mercury.

Her story is one familiar to many women in professional sport across Australia. That $250,000 fine the Bulldogs were given? I have a few ideas for how the NRL can spend it.

Not least of them would be giving players like Brander more of a helping hand for the huge role they’re playing in growing the image of a sport, that some of their male counterparts seem addicted to tarnishing.

In Australian sport, the boys, it seems, get all the privileges. They get all the money, and all the attention and all the fame and what do they do with it? Well, some just vomit it all over the cement near a pub in The Rocks.

This week, while footballers were on the front page, the back page, and all the web pages, female Aussie sporting stars were doing incredible things, many of which you may not have heard about, amid the fog of boys behaving badly.

At the US Open, Queenslander Ashleigh Barty won the 2018 women’s sportsmanship award. She described it as humbling. Her $5000 prize is going to charity.

At the women’s Water Polo World Cup, Australia’s Stingrays, who’ve travelled all the way to Russia to compete, beat China in the group round.

Cricket Australia announced 619 new junior girl’s teams have been created and that women make up six out of every 10 new cricket participants in Australia now.

And in women’s football, it was revealed every game of the W-League will be televised this season, a massive win for women’s sport in Australia.

All of those achievements and many more for women in sport, in the last few days alone.

People have differing views about whether sport stars should be role models. My view is more practical: whether they should be or not, for many kids, they just are.

These days, women’s sport in Australia is delivering more role models than we have ever seen before.

Take soccer star Sam Kerr. She’s only 24 and played her first game for the Matildas at 15. In January she was named Young Australian of the Year.

When she won the award she made the point that the growth of women’s sport is “great for not only the athletes involved, but the young kids growing up with great role models now”.

She also said it it’s not just young girls looking up to female athletes but young boys too. And so they should. They can learn more from someone like Sam, than they can from a league player with an impending court case.

Around Australia this weekend, young boys and girls are at ovals and fields, playing netball and Auskick, and Little Kickers — and every other type of sport. Those children are looking for heroes to emulate and look up to, in every aspect of their behaviour.

They’d do worse than Sam Kerr. Ellyse Perry. Darcy Vescio. Meg Lanning. Caitlin Bassett. Annette Brander.

The reason they’re great role models is not just because they’re incredibly talented athletes or because they’ve kept their images squeaky clean.

It’s because in order to make their names, they’ve had to break stereotypes, glass ceilings, and a lot of the time, break their bank balances too.

Juicydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Netballers are ugly as fuck. Noone wants to sse them naked.

Bring on the Russian, Brazilian and Lithuanian womens volleyball team

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It’s actually been proven that cancer, world poverty and every war can be traced back to one root cause.....the Bulldogs 2018 Mad Monday.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Plus you will never see netball "stars" getting wild because you never see them ever.

Another lame attempt at grabbing attention to a shit sport.

Pathetic.

Last edited:

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
We definitely need to do more to get woman involved in the game...

Sharks and Tigers are doing their parts!

upload_2018-9-8_12-55-29.png

upload_2018-9-8_12-56-2.png

But the media quickly forget this, because a single bloke who happened to play for the Bulldogs was far more media worthy.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Remember Candice Falzon (now Warner) got caught fucking SBW in the pub dunny...… but really what female sport has a profile where they'll be followed 24/7 by some goose with a camera......not to mention who's going to complain if they want to get their tits out (unless they are shot-putters or that he/she that plays AFL )

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Lets be honest... what sort of person would want to see "female" AFL players naked anyway. You never know what you might see.

upload_2018-9-8_13-24-20.png

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
So why should women get the privilege of getting the same money on a game thats been going over 100years and they are in their first year .
They get paid accordingly .fuck this world is full of shit

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
So why should women get the privilege of getting the same money on a game thats been going over 100years and they are in their first year .
When they start getting hundreds of thousands of tv viewers to bring in the same amount of money as the men’s game then sure they will get paid the same until then they should stay in their lane.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Tis a good point. How much is the womans game drawing in TV rights? How much of a major drawcard was it in pulling the millions/billions TV deal?

I'd hazard a guess and say it didn't even form part of the discussions.

Heck when was the last time anyone saw a Womans NRL game on TV? Never? Well then I rest my case.

If the game is drawing $0 in TV rights, and the players $weetfuckall in crowd numbers, then they are bringing in $weetfuckall for the game.

So naturally they are not going to get paid the same.

Heck lets got one step furthur here to demonstrate the stupidity of this article.

Flegg and NSW Cup players often have full time jobs too!!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
What idiot wrote this? Women have silly sunday and mad monday lol, just pure garbage from this lot like usual.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
When they start getting hundreds of thousands of tv viewers to bring in the same amount of money as the men’s game then sure they will get paid the same until then they should stay in their lane.
they'll just divorce themselves from the NRL shack up with some no hoper promoter and take 3/4 of everything the NRL had, then they'll claim they have young teams to support and demand support payments to help support them but blow the money on useless shit, go broke and beg to come back

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
they'll just divorce themselves from the NRL shack up with some no hoper promoter and take 3/4 of everything the NRL had, then they'll claim they have young teams to support and demand support payments to help support them but blow the money on useless shit, go broke and beg to come back
I see what you did there :laughing:

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
They have no time for mad Monday’s. Monday is a school day, they got fucken lunches to make.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I am not even going to read the article past the first couple of paragraphs but 1:
1. Some girls get up to nasty shit on mad Monday

2. No one gives a fuck because female sport is novelty.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Women’s sport = not the same sport. It’s a different sport. If it was the same why aren’t they playing in the same comp?

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I only watch the American football where they are wearing knickers

Status
Not open for further replies.